Aircraft Safety

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Calla Abegail

Aircraft Safety

Post by Calla Abegail » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:39 pm

Hi. My family loves travelling. We make it a point that at least once a year we go to a different place. I know it's sometimes funny but every time we travel I pray hard that our plane won't crash. I wonder what aviation does to make sure all the passengers of every aircraft will be safe. Any idea? We'll have another trip in a few weeks that's why I'm into this again. :smt032

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Re: Aircraft Safety

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:45 pm

Hi Calla,

I feel that your posting is much more about your anxiety concerning your upcoming plane journey, than it is about trying to list all the ways in which the airlines increase passenger safety.

This fear of flying is not that uncommon, and it is well summarised by the claim that if God had wanted human beings to fly, he would have given us wings to do it with.

Much of what the major air carriers do with the intention to greatly increase your chances of enjoying a safe journey remains invisible and happens behind the scenes, but rest assured that they are constantly working to ensure that their passengers will arrive safely at their chosen destination.

Of course there is no way that anyone can offer you a 100% rock solid guarantee of anything, but it is still true that you have a statistically greater chance of being injured or killed in a car, when compared to your chances of having the same thing happen in a plane.

You have already made several successful family journeys (at least once a year to different places), and I will assume that nothing unexpected has happened during these that would give you a greater reason not to fly in the future.

Think of how you always have a wonderful holiday together on your arrival at your holiday destination, take note of your air hostess's instructions as to what you should do during an unlikely emergency, but do not obsess about it or allow it to get in the way of you having your best family holiday so far.

Instead of praying that the plane will not crash (which immediately paints a picture in your negative imagination of it going down in flames), ask that you will have an enjoyable and fear free journey, and arrive at your holiday destination feeling healthy and happy.

Whatever your mind most regularly focuses upon draws into your life the very factors which would make you feel even more nervous about making this journey than you already were. Why then focus your mind upon the unlikely situation which you most wish to avoid?

Please let us know under this thread how well your family holiday went, after your safe return to your friends on MB.

Loving regards,

Brian Image

Calla Abegail

Post by Calla Abegail » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:32 pm

Thanks for the very long reply, and I appreciate it. Well, maybe, I am just too nervous to fly and I feel that I am somehow beginning to be a burden to my family during our travel. I am doing my best to be all cool about it but sometimes, I just can't. I actually do not know what trigger the fear, but it has been this way, ever since I can remember. Long flights, turbulence, everything seems to be not good. I'd rather sleep all throughout the flight just to relax myself.

I have even researched about aviation safety management, yes, I know its weird. My friend said, I might need some professional help but I think otherwise though.

Talia

Post by Talia » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:12 pm

Calle, I would say you need to discuss your fears, really deeply work through them with someone or in fact on here, write them all down and we can support you and raise suggestions a bit like online counselling?
I fear crashing lol I don't fear flying. So when it's put like that it changes the perspective a little and separates an enjoyable and exciting journey that has to be endured to get to enjoy the holiday?

Return to “General Discussion”