How to turn on email notifications

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

How to turn on email notifications

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:08 am

By default this new version of the forum software notifies the member onsite (through the notifications link, which is on the left of the private messages link), instead of sending an email to their registered address, as was the case with the older version.

If you would like to go back to being notified about each type of notifiable event (including subscription to a forum topic), the following instructions should prove useful.

Click on the down arrow to the right of your registered user name (which should be in red print), to open the drop down menu.

Select User Control Panel.

Click on the Board Preferences tab.

Click on Edit Notification Options.

For each type of event, check either notification (onsite), email notification (or both, if you are especially nervous about missing something important).

WARNING!

WHEN YOU ARE FINISHED, REMEMBER TO PRESS THE SUBMIT BUTTON DOWN AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE, TO SAVE YOUR NEW SETTINGS.

If you forget to do this, all your changes will be cancelled.

It worked for me.

See if it also works for you.

Thanks for reading this.

Brian :smt023

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: How to turn on email notifications

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:57 pm

eye_of_tiger wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:08 am
By default this new version of the forum software notifies the member onsite (through the notifications link, which is on the left of the private messages link), instead of sending an email to their registered address, as was the case with the older version.

If you would like to go back to being notified about each type of notifiable event (including subscription to a forum topic), the following instructions should prove useful.

Click on the down arrow to the right of your registered user name (which should be in red print), to open the drop down menu.

For each type of event, check either notification (onsite), email notification (or both, if you are especially nervous about missing something important).

WARNING!

WHEN YOU ARE FINISHED, REMEMBER TO PRESS THE SUBMIT BUTTON DOWN AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE, TO SAVE YOUR NEW SETTINGS.

It worked for me.

Thanks for reading this.

Hello Brian,

Thanks. I followed your insrtuctions in toto. Pressed submit too.
Lets see if it works. If it doesnt I will get back to you.

Thanks again,

Rishi
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

cedars
Tarot reader

Re: How to turn on email notifications

Post by cedars » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:55 am

RishiRahul wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:57 pm
eye_of_tiger wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:08 am

WARNING!

It worked for me.

Thanks for reading this.

Hello Brian,

Thanks. I followed your insrtuctions in toto. Pressed submit too.
Lets see if it works. If it doesnt I will get back to you.

Thanks again,

Rishi
It is still not working for me.
And the Remember Log in is not working either...
I am beginning to give up on this site.......

Return to “General Discussion”