What is the difference between a psychic and a medium?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:45 pm

If you look for answers to this question on the internet, you can easily get confused, frustrated and wonder if there is any real difference between their meanings.

And if there is a difference, does it really matter to you?

It seems to me that the problem exists because nobody can agree on what either a psychic or a medium is.

Statements like all mediums are psychic, but not all psychics also function as mediums really do not help make the distinction any clearer.

What for example is the difference between a psychic, a medium and a person who refers to him or herself as a psychic medium?

This is all getting too hard. :smt021

Fortunately there are some websites that do make a genuine attempt to explain these differences in more simple terms, which the average person is more likely to understand.

One example of such a site is http://www.oprah.com/spirit/what-is-a-m ... -rosen/all

Disclaimer: I have no association (including financial) with either the sites which I provide links to, or the site's legal owner. I have found this one to be clean of any viruses or malware, although it does ask me to first confirm that I am not a robot as my Firefox browser seems to suggest that I might be, before it allows me to proceed. Which does give me greater confidence that the owner (Oprah?) is security conscious.

Could we please have a discussion about this in this thread, once you have all read the above article?

You are welcome,

Brian :smt031

Return to “General Discussion”