Nice Gesture...?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Rohiniranjan

Nice Gesture...?

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:23 am

https://archive.org is a non-profit, non-commercial FREE borrowing-sharing service for numerous books. It is like an online public library which allows members (free registration) to borrow books online for 2 weeks or less. I have no administrative affiliations but am simply a member and this is a voluntary sharing. I did upload two primers on Jyotish and Dashas written by me there. These are in PDF format and freely-downloadable. These might be of interest to beginners and intermediate level aspirants and hence I am sharing the information here on this jyotish forum. I am assuming that the owner-administrator-moderator of this forum shall find this note allowable.

A personal note: I am a free-lancer and do not practice jyotish (astrology) for financial benefits. I have explored astrology for several decades and have written a fair amount on that and related topics for several Indian and International publications and web-sites, etc.

Thanks!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Re: Nice Gesture...?

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:14 am

I am assuming that the owner-administrator-moderator of this forum shall find this note allowable.
Weren't you the person who once reminded me that it is dangerous to assume anything? :smt002 :smt005 :smt018

But seriously............... :smt037

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=85782

According to our current policies about posting links to external websites on MB as I would interpret them, I cannot see any problems with us leaving this here.

Two of your own free articles among such a huge freely downloadable archive, could hardly be classified as you promoting yourself.

However, I neither own the site nor the forum.

This is Swetha's captain's call to make, so I will run this posting past her, and one of us will then let you know what has been decided.

Whether or not this posting and its link are allowed to remain here, I agree with you that it is a nice gesture.

Thank you,

Brian :smt023

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:10 pm

Of course, let the link be there as it will help people interested in getting more resources.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:05 pm

There is your answer.

We both agree.

Thanks Swetha,

Brian :smt026

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:07 am

eye_of_tiger wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:14 am
I am assuming that the owner-administrator-moderator of this forum shall find this note allowable.
Weren't you the person who once reminded me that it is dangerous to assume anything? :smt002 :smt005 :smt018

But seriously............... :smt037
Thanks Swetha and Brian! Both of you have been very kind towards us all, old-timers and younger ones (I belong to the former group, by the way!)

But, Brian, my BRO, about your (obviously tongue-in-cheek) *?dangerous??* post, I thought I am a benign and "known" entity in these parts, bro? Here for more than a decade, serving you all and this forum? I have probably shared way more than those two primers here in words and sentences?

Whether my innocuous sharing about the free library got accepted or not, I would have not stopped alerting my friends were I to see any nefarious activities and any disruptive presences! Even after the Cat with a watermelon on its head chose to BAN me here? I do not mind such impulsive moderators, they have to do what they have to? While we members must continue to comply as best as we can...?
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:08 am

Yes, it was obviously said with tongue in cheek. :smt002 :smt002

Making any assumptions which are based upon limited information.

Potentially dangerous?

Absolutely!

You as my respected colleague.

Dangerous?

Not likely!

Brian :smt005 :smt005 :smt005
“Life Is Too Short To Worry About What Others Say Or Think About You. Have Fun, And Give Them Something To Talk About”
-Unknown

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:05 am

Thank You! :smt024
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “General Discussion”