Welcome to mysticboard.org. Introduce yourself to other members here. Invite your friends here and post your welcome messages.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Unicornlover

Post by Unicornlover » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:07 am

just saying hi. I'm new and looking for a place to practice on giving tarot readings. (really new, new on doing them) Not sure where or how to start. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. (did I mention i was really, really green in giving readings??? especially over the 'net?) I've done a few readings in person, but giving one electronically is a new concept for me. Thank you for understanding.  :)

George

Re: newbie

Post by George » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:38 pm

Unicornlover wrote:just saying hi. I'm new and looking for a place to practice on giving tarot readings. (really new, new on doing them) Not sure where or how to start. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. (did I mention i was really, really green in giving readings??? especially over the 'net?) I've done a few readings in person, but giving one electronically is a new concept for me. Thank you for understanding.  :)
WElcome Unicornlover!

I would say the first thing you can do is read the "Readers' Guidelines" and the "Seekers' Guidelines" located in the "Tarot Reading Forum" to get yourself familiar with the rules of the forum.
Go into the Tarot Reading Forum and read some other readings by some of the seasoned Readers.  You will find several different readings styles which is a good way to see that there is no wrong way, style wise, as long as you are professional about your readings.
Then just jump right in and start reading.
Btw, which deck are you using?
I find the electronically reading a little less intimdating but that's me.  I feel i have more time to think about what i am doing compaired to doing it with someone in front of me waiting for me to do something interesting.  :smt002

good luck!
:smt006

Unicornlover

Post by Unicornlover » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:58 pm

Thank you George for your advice. I will be heading to the Tarot Reading forum and take a peek. I have several decks (3), but I'm most comfortable with the Goddess Guidance cards by Doreen Virtue. I'm hoping one of these days I will have enough funds to attend one of her meetings. Thanks again.

:)

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:00 am

Hello and welcome to the forum :)
Its always great to meet new readers.
I would pick a simple question to answer and try your hand.  Don't do readings for people who already have had one done and don't add to a reading thats already been done.  If your stuck you can send me a message and I will try and help you.

Kind regards

Suzi
(mod)

peaceandkarma

Post by peaceandkarma » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:15 am

Hi, I'm new too. Its a great forum, you'll love it.  :smt006

Return to “Introduce Yourself”