New to the Board and New to Tarot

Welcome to mysticboard.org. Introduce yourself to other members here. Invite your friends here and post your welcome messages.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Emberlyn

New to the Board and New to Tarot

Post by Emberlyn » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:38 pm

Hi everyone. My name is Emberlyn. I am brand new to Tarot and this forum. I bought my first Tarot deck off of Amazon and I received it last week. It is the Dark Fairytale Tarot. I thought I would really like it, but upon looking at it, I have decided it isn't the best starter deck. So, when I make my next Amazon order, I am going to buy the Gilded Tarot. In the meantime, I have been building my Tarot Journal. I am collecting all of the information on my computer and when I have it all organized, I will transfer it to my three ring binder. My boyfriend and I went to a second-hand bookstore to exchange some books and I was able to get three books: "Easy Tarot Handbook" by Josephine Ellershaw (which was amazing!), "How to Read Tarot Cards" by Doris Chase Doane and King Keyes. I like this book so far because it gives some example spreads with the interpretations- which I am finding very helpful! Some of the spreads are very confusing though. I also got "The Pictorial Key to the Tarot" by Arthur Edward Waite. I haven't got to that book yet. I am typing up as much information as I can from the books into my journal. I have two books on the way- "Tarot Made Easy" and a book with Tarot Spreads. I am really excited about getting started, but I am also really scared. I hope this wasn't too long of an introduction! :smt006

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:16 pm

Hello and welcome to mystic board. Thanks for the fabulous introduction. Hope you make many friends here. Xxx

Spiritwhisperer

Post by Spiritwhisperer » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:44 pm

Welcome to the Boards,

(I am reasonable new to Tarot as well (been mainly using the Angel Cards, I started with the Rider Waite pack and I have found them to be an good starter deck, I will look forward to seeing your thoughts on the Gilded Tarot).

There is some great information in the Tarot Forum section on this site and there are some great people who are willing to help with advice.

Blessings
SW

Return to “Introduce Yourself”