Intro for a new guy...

Welcome to mysticboard.org. Introduce yourself to other members here. Invite your friends here and post your welcome messages.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

tomas

Intro for a new guy...

Post by tomas » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:32 pm

Hi everybody,

As much as I hate writin' 'em, an intro is in order, so here goes...

I've been studying Reiki for about 7 months now, thanks to a good friend who opened my eyes with a distance treatment. I was attuned R1, Usui modality, about 5 months ago, and R2 in April. My goal is to be attuned R3 Master/Teacher by the end of 2005. I've always been able to 'feel' energy, so my first Reiki experience was like coming home. It felt so familier and warm that I
was startled at first, then very happy, smiley, kind of overall feelin' great the entire day after the treatment. So far I've taken advantage on the free attunements offered by an M/T through a group I belong to. I'm working toward my R3 Master/Teacher attunement with a Master close to my home and hope to be ready for my attunement in the early fall.

I'm also very interested in and studying the use of crystals and rocks in healing, along with several forms of divination. I've dowsed for years with a pendulum and a forked stick, and now I'm learning other methods.

Personally, I'm a 57 YO single again guy, owned by a 5 YO
lab/golden retriever mix and Reiki junkie named Toby. I
have 3 sons, 2 grandaughters, and a grandson on the way, so they tell me <- *insert smiley guy rollin' his eyes*. North central Wisconsin is home although I'd really rather be much
farther north.

I'm lookin' forward to getting to know you folks, and becoming a contributing member, along with learning as much as I can. If anyone would like more info about me, or to chat, my Yahoo Messenger sign-in is listed.

Namaste!

tomas

Abhishek
Site Admin

Post by Abhishek » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:09 pm

Hi Tomas,

that was on of the best intros her on the forum. Welcome aboard our humble attempt to get like mined people together. i hope to be hearing more and more of you on this forum.

Abhishek

Raven

Post by Raven » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:36 pm

Hi, welcome to the site, its nice to meet you. I am a reiki 2 currently and distance healing is amazing.

Hope to see you around the boards

Raven

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:22 pm

hello tomas,
great to have u here and hope to be hearing frm u regularly.
i too want to start learning reiki.. how do i do it?
swetha

tomas

Re:intro...and to swetha...

Post by tomas » Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:01 am

Thanks to everybody for the warm welcome!!!

Swetha, I wrote a post after I read your welcome to me and the question about learning Reiki. The link is below. About all I can add is study and practice as much as you can.

Abhishek, it sounds like you ask interesting questions and have some very interesting answers, I look forward to discussions with you.

Raven, Be_Reiki...Do_Reiki :smt004

For swetha: http://www.MysticBoard.com/viewtopic.php?p=3275#3275

Namaste!

tomas

Abhishek
Site Admin

Post by Abhishek » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:37 pm

I too look forward to have interesting, stimlating discusion with you. I am still young (well not that young... lol... as i as reminded recently)... but i am probably your childrens' age. and there is lot of things i simply canno see and understand... but i believe you have the benefit of hind sight which cn only cme from ones personal experience and age.

I hope to learn a lot from this board... and i can only hope and pray to have you all share your experience with us younger people.

Abhishek

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:46 pm

thanks for the link tomas:)
swetha

Return to “Introduce Yourself”