CALLING ALL MB MEMBERS (NEW AND OLDER)

Welcome to mysticboard.org. Introduce yourself to other members here. Invite your friends here and post your welcome messages.

Moderators: shalimar123, eye_of_tiger, suzisco

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Re: CALLING ALL MB MEMBERS (NEW AND OLDER)

Post by eye_of_tiger » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:58 pm

I am looking forward to the new MB and interacting with our colleagues and members old and new alike!
DITTO!

Every member old or new is needed to spread the good news, that the Mystic Board community is back online.

Between all of us and of course Swetha, WE WILL BECOME THE NEW MYSTIC BOARD.

Brian :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:24 am

Love all of you :)
Cedars, there are many technical issues to be solved. But it will done. I will have to ask EOT to make me the list again :) We are not going anywhere and I am sure you guys will make sure of it :)

Lots of love

Swetha

Now tell me where do you want to get started?

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:08 pm

Swetha
Hearing from you in the public forums is a big boost for us and the general population of Mystic Board. I have to admit, I and along with another esteemed colleague of mine, had almost given up hope...... This is so encouraging to hear that the technical issues are being addressed and a a result I am confident that the MB members will regain hope and confidence in us and indeed the software.

On with the good work!
Last edited by cedars on Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:50 pm

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=86912

Swetha, :smt026

I see no point in my listing technical to dos at the moment, as I am depending entirely on other members to report any problems which they are experiencing with the forum software in my Report Board Issues thread (link at the top of this message).

The new user registration dialogue now appears to be working OK with your added security filter (very effective), and Cedars has reported that email subscriptions are finally being received.

But the email subscriptions were working for me from the time that the software was first updated, which must have something to do with me being an administrator and forum permissions.

I cannot tell with my administrator status turned on, what features are not working for any other member group, so it is entirely up to them to let either of us know about any issues they are having in the Report Board Issues announcement thread.

As with everything else, detecting and fixing technical issues will have to be a united team effort between all of us.

I am also excited, encouraged and to be honest greatly relieved to see you back on the forums, both as my colleague and as my friend.

I second everything which Cedars has already said to you above.

DEAREST SWETHA :smt049

WE ALL LOVE YOU TOO :smt049 :smt049 :smt049 :smt049

Brian :smt041

PS: Swetha. I have left a little welcome home gift for you in the admin forum. :smt035

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:03 pm

I think Brian makes a valid point.
Let us handle the technical issues as and when they come in.

1) I, for one, had to log in every time when the new software was introduced. That is not the case anymore. I am always logged in which is what I had before this new software.
2) I was never notified by email on the threads I was following. Now that is not the case. I am getting email notifications and I like that a lot.

These were the two main issues for me and now they are both working and may they continue so.

If there are other technical issues - behind the scenes - that do not affect our daily online existence and communication on MB, we leave those in your capable hands, Swetha.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:45 am

I have not yet tried the notifications part. The last time I did it was not working for me. Let me try that out. For one, I know we need to reduce the number of forums.

I will keep track of the "Report Board Issues" thread and get Abhi to work on it :D

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:51 am

swetha wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:45 am
....... I know we need to reduce the number of forums.

Swetha, please see my post in the Readers Forum.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”