Back after a long time

Welcome to mysticboard.org. Introduce yourself to other members here. Invite your friends here and post your welcome messages.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

coolguy

Back after a long time

Post by coolguy » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:07 am

hi guys,
how r u all doing? i havent logged on for ages :smt009
have been so deeply buried with work.... just cudnt find the time.
see a lot of new members.... welcome to all of u.
hope to be online frm now on.

i had a very vague question nagging me since morning... but just dont seem to remember it anymore:)
anyways have a great time guys :smt006

But had one more question:
Suppose ur friend comes up with a plan to do something. u r not for it. but go along with it when ur friend insists on it.
its like u did not come up with the idea, resisted it but what the hell went along with it just for the heck of it, as u were sure that it was just for fun.
but it results in a disaster!

my question is:

when the time come for u to face things:
1.wud u hold ur friend completely responsible for it as u were against it frm the beginning?
2. wud u feel partly guilty but make urself believe that u r not to blame, so u start blaming him?
3. wud u feel guilty that u were partly responsible too even though u had not initiated it?

just wanted to know how people felt about this:)
coolguy

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:15 am

hi coolguy,
good to have u back:)
i go with point no3. so what if it wasnt my idea to begin with? agreed i never knew where its going to lead to...but then i went along of my own accord. i always had the right to say no.
swetha

coolguy

Post by coolguy » Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:25 am

hello guys,
the rest of u , where have u disappered??? do let me know about how u feel about this .

Raven

Post by Raven » Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:09 pm

# 3, I knew from the start it was wrong thats why I didn't want to go in the first place but I didn't listen to my instincts so I am as much to blame

Deborah

hello

Post by Deborah » Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:06 am

sounds like u found urself in a mess ..

well i would have to say if u do something rather it is ur idea or not ..u did it ..its called responsibility for your actions ..there is always away out
Mom called I have to go home for dinner ...I have a date... I am expected here ...OR just to say NO NO NO I WONT DO IT ...

I know somethings are hard to say no to ..that is called growing up ..sometimes that growing up thing really sucks but we move on we move forward

oh and Welcome back :smt016

coolguy

Post by coolguy » Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:50 pm

hi guys,
thanks for ur replies.
what i am trying to say is u start doing something with ur frnd as a joke, but it ends in something that may not be "socially unacceptable", then what wud u do?
like mayb u never initiated this "socially unacceptable" thing, but ur frnd did and u stopped it after sometime when u felt that it was wrong, when time comes,
1.will u stand up and b responsible for it
2.or say i am not responsible as i did not start it, i got dragged into it without my knowledge.
3. make up stories in ur mind convincing urself that u r completely innocent and that u ahve been wronged.

i personally feel that if u r not forced into something, then u cannot b dragged into it without ur assent.

Abhishek
Site Admin

Post by Abhishek » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:49 am

does it really matter at the end of the? who is responsble and who is not? the whole story simply boils down to the acceptance of responsibilty. and depending on who, what, when, where and why... the responsiblity lies with both parties. and if none of them want to take the blame for it or blame each other... then well god help them. it can only get worse.

coolguy

Post by coolguy » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:02 am

hi Abhishek,
i agree with what u r saying...and in other words i am trying to say the same without being biased. responsibilty for ur actions matters a great deal..and who is responsible too. becoz u have in question other people too.. whose hearts u have broken, whom u have hurt and whose trust u have lost in the process.
i dont know if i am making sense.
someone has hurt me and i seem to b shattered frm within. but i guess i have to learn to cope with life and carry on.
thanks guys

racheal vaz

Post by racheal vaz » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:58 am

hi coolguy.
i wud say mayb u had not expected it to turn out the way it did, but even then, u like it or not..u r responsible:(

Return to “Introduce Yourself”