Introduction/ Life's Complications

Welcome to mysticboard.org. Introduce yourself to other members here. Invite your friends here and post your welcome messages.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

joelee

Introduction/ Life's Complications

Post by joelee » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:34 am

Recently joined to obtain assistance and strategies to empower me to get through a tough period. I am a 53 year old guy, currently separated after a short marriage (3 years) fraught with difficulties due to intimacy issues and my stepdaughter's serious behavioral problems. Am physically disabled and living in a tiny apartment, while my wife and her daughter live in the home I own and had to leave last July when the destructive behavior became intolerable. Our settlement specifies that they are to leave by 7/1/07, at which point I will again take possession, though I am not positive that will happen without additional turmoil. I was prevoiuosly married (very happily) for 11 years, until my first wife passed away at age 41. The mourning process is similar; but it is much different feeling hostility than the respect and appreciation I felt when I was widowed.

Now I am trying to get through each day, but am dealing with my symptoms, my wife's verbal attacks, financial strains, and my own sadness. I am not telling anyone these thin gs to gain  sympathy. I have lived a productive life, am very determined and resourceful, and willing to work through this. But I seem to need ways to elevate my mood and my sense of awareness so that I can build a new and better life.

Have worked in the field of technical writing and consulting, though I am on disability nowadays and supplementing my income by selling books online. Am quite practical and need to see results before I will be swayed or adapt some new philosophy. That said, I have had numerous experiences that csannot be explained for my satisfaction using pure science. So I believe there are many things we are yet to comprehend. Have used meditation and Silva in the past. And I have used subliminal audio tapes to heighten my mental functioning. Fatigue and pain often drain my energy reservoir. So I am looking for ideas and support to keep me at a higher functional level. Hope this intro is not overly intense. But I tend to be informative rather than chatty. Will probably focus on the psychology forums, though I am open to other perspectives too.    Thanks for listening to my troubles.

Samson

Post by Samson » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:09 am

Hello joelee, welcome to the Mystic Board.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:21 am

Welcome to MysticBoard community, we hope you will have a nice stay and make a lots of friends :)

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:36 am

Welcome to MysticBoard.com joelee.

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:13 am

Hello joelee, I'm in New England Maine~!!   :smt006
Pleased to meet you~!!  :) Need a friend just yell~!!

ImageImageImage

Return to “Introduce Yourself”