Hello from Wellington, FL

Welcome to mysticboard.org. Introduce yourself to other members here. Invite your friends here and post your welcome messages.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

LisaLisa

Hello from Wellington, FL

Post by LisaLisa » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:48 pm

My name is Lisa and I live in tropical Wellington, Florida even though we currently are under Phase II drought restrictions on watering.  

I have joined this forum because I have been trying to teach myself Tarot and have a dozen books but it has been a slow process for me so far.

Do any of you recommend doing practice readings for myself?

Kerosh

Post by Kerosh » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:22 pm

hullo hullo, lol ^)^

Well, yea, there's a lot to know about Tarot. You end up with this huge book and 1000 different meanings for every card and you're like O_o

Well, not all the time, lol ;p, but you know, practicing the Tarot can be good so long as you use it with "responsibility"

There are lots of people out there who use a lot of psychic abilities poorly and abusively. Do you know what happens to them? Imagine a really long drain and you're at the top of it. Now imagine going down it and into a pile of garbage, lol. Not that their abilities go away, no, just things like um, personality, luck. People can turn into really awful people. I know this from experience. For three years, I lost myself, lolz. Yea, mm. I was no longer me. Online I was still me, but in life, O_o...

Some people thought I was like the anti-christ, haha. Yea, but a few months back, I got back to being me and now I seem alienated from the world. Nobody even knows who I am, everyone has this picture of like: "The Anti-Christ," or something really awful and I'm like: The Sun, full of light, hope, and happiness, and they're like, lies!

Oh well, that's just my suggestions to you. Just be sure that you're entering a really big thing. The Tarot is just the edge of everything though, but it can still lead to er. It's safer though, than actually um, doing other stuff, lolz...

So, hope you have a great time!

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:43 pm

Welcome to MysticBoard community, we hope you will have a nice stay and make a lots of friends :)

LisaLisa

Questioning the wisdom of perfoming readings for myself

Post by LisaLisa » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:46 am

Thanks Kerosh. That is an interesting cautionary tale and you touched upon one of my concerns in your reply.  

My main concern, which you so vividly articulated, is that by doing readings for myself or even by myself I might become isolated and lose the perspective I rely upon to keep me balanced.

Could it be that doing readings for oneself is somewhat counter to the best use of the Tarot?

Samson

Post by Samson » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:26 pm

Hello Lisa, welcome to the Mystic Board.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”