Location, Location, Location!?

Welcome to mysticboard.org. Introduce yourself to other members here. Invite your friends here and post your welcome messages.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Anissa31

Post by Anissa31 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:04 pm

I am from Cleveland, Tennessee.

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:20 pm

TED TURNER CNN CHIEF graduated from the military-oriented McCallie School in Chattanooga Tennessee

BLACKCAT

Post by BLACKCAT » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:55 pm

i'm from huntington beach, california USA

Gaeliccrossed1

Post by Gaeliccrossed1 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:20 pm

BLACKCAT! that is my favorite cal. beach, used to go there alllllll the time and walk and go through the cool shops there!
~v~GLKKRSD1~v~

Gaeliccrossed1

Post by Gaeliccrossed1 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:22 pm

Now tennessee.....ahhh loved the whole state, the red earth, the beautiful dogwood trees mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmLove it! lots of history there!
~v~GLKKRSD1~v~

Anissa31

Post by Anissa31 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:58 pm

I was born and raised in Tennessee. It seems every single time I try to move away, I am drawn right back. It is a beautiful state, but I do hate that we are mostly known for being uneducated rednecks. It seems every person on TV that depicts a Tennesseean is toothless and talks as if they have no sense. It's really not like that here. Atleast I don't see it that way. There are a lot of "backwoods" neighborhoods and poor people, but they are very kind and seem fairly well educated to me. There's nothing better than a good ole' country boy that you know "has your back". The generosity of the people and beauty of the country, is what keeps me here, I believe.

cool cat

Post by cool cat » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:20 pm

i am from india, delhi.(capital city).  i was born and brought up in delhi only.

Gaeliccrossed1

Post by Gaeliccrossed1 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:39 am

Anissa31-the people from Tennessee are the most honest and open people I have ever met, they have awesome sense of family pride, something we could use a bit more of in this country. Not all education comes from a book, the uneducated ones are the ones that are small minded enough to call them rednecks to begin with..........:)
~v~GLKKRSD1~v~

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:21 pm

Rhutobello wrote:Norway, West coast :)
So, what is Norway like?  With my admiration of the philosophies and religions of Germania and Scandinavia, when I think of Viking I think of Norway.

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:26 pm

With apologies to Anissa31, I am going to "borrow" the content, modifying as needed:

I was born and raised in Massachusetts. It seems every single time I try to move away, I am drawn right back, because the cost of moving is too expensive. It is an ugly state, and I do hate that we are mostly known for being overeducated elitists. It seems that TV never portrays anyone from the Bay State in a good light.  There's good reason for that.There are a lot of poor people, homeless people, who have fallen on hard times and are summarily dismissed by those who have more and should know better.  There's nothing worse than a Bostonian thug who'll stab you  in the back.  The bankrupting expense of living here leaves me no money to actually leave.

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:21 pm

EarlofLeicester wrote:With apologies to Anissa31, I am going to "borrow" the content, modifying as needed:

I was born and raised in Massachusetts. It seems every single time I try to move away, I am drawn right back, because the cost of moving is too expensive. It is an ugly state, and I do hate that we are mostly known for being overeducated elitists. It seems that TV never portrays anyone from the Bay State in a good light.  There's good reason for that.There are a lot of poor people, homeless people, who have fallen on hard times and are summarily dismissed by those who have more and should know better.  There's nothing worse than a Bostonian thug who'll stab you  in the back.  The bankrupting expense of living here leaves me no money to actually leave.
Hmmm,  :smt017   Move to Maine~!!  :smt003
Ñícolé

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:38 am

Nicole wrote:
EarlofLeicester wrote:With apologies to Anissa31, I am going to "borrow" the content, modifying as needed:

Hmmm,  :smt017   Move to Maine~!!  :smt003
Well, I am considering New Hampshire  :smt003

DeeFrap

we are from

Post by DeeFrap » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:41 am

New England   Rhode Island
Dee

Tish

Post by Tish » Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:09 pm

You all live in such interesting places!  I live on a small island between England and France, that none of you would have heard of!

We are happily independent (though mostly we follow in the UK's footsteps).  We're counted as part of Great Britain, but not strictly in the United Kingdom.  Our hobby is criticising our local government (that's probably the same everywhere!).

The people are generally friendly.  It used to be a very safe place, but now there's a lot more violence, and we're getting instances of stranger rape, murder ...!  Youngsters have started carrying weapons because they feel so threatened.  The population is about 63,000 - enough different people not to get too bored, not so many that we don't feel like one community.  And there's always tourists passing through, and immigrants.  Some from everywhere, but we have substantial numbers of Portuguese and Latvians ...

What can I say?  My father's family came over from France, and my mother's from England ...

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:16 pm

Tish wrote:You all live in such interesting places!  I live on a small island between England and France, that none of you would have heard of!

We are happily independent (though mostly we follow in the UK's footsteps).  We're counted as part of Great Britain, but not strictly in the United Kingdom.  Our hobby is criticising our local government (that's probably the same everywhere!).

The people are generally friendly.  It used to be a very safe place, but now there's a lot more violence, and we're getting instances of stranger rape, murder ...!  Youngsters have started carrying weapons because they feel so threatened.  The population is about 63,000 - enough different people not to get too bored, not so many that we don't feel like one community.  And there's always tourists passing through, and immigrants.  Some from everywhere, but we have substantial numbers of Portuguese and Latvians ...

What can I say?  My father's family came over from France, and my mother's from England ...
WOW~!! This is just to odd.. I was scrolling down on this topic, and saying to myself. I miss "Ms_Guided Angel" aka, Denise.. And you started the post up right after I was thinking it.. sheesh... Talk about to minds think a-like today....LOL

I would love to see France.. Oh boy would I ever~!!  :)
Ñícolé

Return to “Introduce Yourself”