Afarid of the Tarot

Welcome to mysticboard.org. Introduce yourself to other members here. Invite your friends here and post your welcome messages.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

should readers receive their first tarot cards as a gift?

yes
38%
no
38%
not sure
25%

Total votes: 8

lapiscrystals

Afarid of the Tarot

Post by lapiscrystals » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:33 am

Hello :smt006

hoping you all are well and in good health

i've been reading cards and using other divination tools since my childhood. Not like today where the tarot is everywhere to be found. I secretely brought my first pack.

The thing is, sometimes i feel afarid of the cards and have been very secretive about my gift because the bible says we should not be involved in such practices. I was also told that you cannot become a true reader unless you receive the tarot as a gift.

I get to a certain phase in my learning and either feel compelled to give the cards away or leave them in some open space where others will find them and make use of them.

At first i felt guilty and would dispose of them discretely. a little later, because tools of divination have supported me in times of need, i've left them (amomgst other places) outside of librarys, under bridges, even in the supermarket so that others could make use of them.

A few people know that i give readings but many of my closest friends do not. I hope that joining this community will allow me to share myself more openly with others and not feel ashamed of what i do.

How do you feel about the tarot and have you ever left your cards in any strange places?

I look forward to reading your replies...bye for now :smt006

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:49 am

hello there,
first of a all, a warm welcome to u:)
i am sure u will have a great time out here!
and i feel u shdnt be scared about using the tarot.. i may not read it... but then its a just a means to understanding ur psychic abilities...
i know there are many skeptics out there... but its something u believe in and shd continue doing so.

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:36 am

Welcome to MysticBoard.com lapiscrystals.

pranay

Post by pranay » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:55 am

Hello and Welcome to MysticBoard lapicrystals!

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:56 am

First, welcome to the community and we hope you will have a long and nice stay and make a lots of friends.

For your questions.
I think it's nice when you recieve Tarot as a gift, but you do the same job with a deck that is bought.
In my opinion, it is not the deck that is the important thing, but the reader.
In order to give good readings, you must have a great understanding of people and a very good intiuation.
The cards can be read in several ways and since you felt guilty you might have beleievd you did "dark magic"

Sorry to say, but it can be used for "dark magic".

B U T that is the choise of the reader, it's he/she that use the cards the way they self see fit.
If you start out looking for the "negative" you find it...if you start looking for the posetive...you find it.

So if Tarot is used the right way it can be a tool to enlighten peoples mind and give them new goals.

So if you use it for the light....don't be afraid of it....if you use it for the dark....burn them :)

Samson

Post by Samson » Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:18 pm

Hello lapiscrystals, nice to meet you.

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:38 pm

Very well said Rutho.

Ms_Guided Angel

Post by Ms_Guided Angel » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:33 pm

Welcome lapiscrystals!   :smt006

I had a bad experience once after a reading, actually the person I read had the bad experience and it frightened me so bad, I never read again. I was only just learning so I was unsure if I was jinxed by using Tarot or something else was happening.  

As it turned out it was not my reading that I should have blamed, but a bad person(different person but involved in the event). Valuable lesson learned that perhaps I should have been intuitive enough to take something from the reading for myself.  

Is that possible, to gain insight personally when doing another's reading?

Cheers :)

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:14 pm

In my opinion..... yes indeed.

Why....because when you do a reading... or take part in a discussion.....or use the brain outside daily life...you evaluate.

So when you put together a reading, you draw from yourself, because you are the only one that shall form that reading.
(like you said, outside influence makes crap)

When you then put together the story, you then suddently can be aware that this is things you like or dislike with yourself, and you can use this to better your own life.

But this is just my personal meaning...not science :) :)

lapiscrystals

Post by lapiscrystals » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:06 pm

swetha wrote:hello there,
first of a all, a warm welcome to u:)
i am sure u will have a great time out here!
and i feel u shdnt be scared about using the tarot.. i may not read it... but then its a just a means to understanding ur psychic abilities...
i know there are many skeptics out there... but its something u believe in and shd continue doing so.
Ah thank you  :smt020

I did wonder if anyone would respond. thank you for taking the time to read and respond. if i follow through on what you've said then joining this community, is for me,  the beginning of being my true self  :smt005

lapiscrystals

Post by lapiscrystals » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:13 pm

Vishwas wrote:Welcome to MysticBoard.com lapiscrystals.
Good to meet you and Thank you - not sure how to navigate myself around the board yet there are so many interesting things here!

lapiscrystals

Post by lapiscrystals » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:19 pm

satanic-pranay wrote:Hello and Welcome to MysticBoard lapicrystals!
:smt003 thank you

lapiscrystals

Post by lapiscrystals » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:20 pm

Rhutobello wrote:First, welcome to the community and we hope you will have a long and nice stay and make a lots of friends.

For your questions.
I think it's nice when you recieve Tarot as a gift, but you do the same job with a deck that is bought.
In my opinion, it is not the deck that is the important thing, but the reader.
In order to give good readings, you must have a great understanding of people and a very good intiuation.
The cards can be read in several ways and since you felt guilty you might have beleievd you did "dark magic"

Sorry to say, but it can be used for "dark magic".

B U T that is the choise of the reader, it's he/she that use the cards the way they self see fit.
If you start out looking for the "negative" you find it...if you start looking for the posetive...you find it.

So if Tarot is used the right way it can be a tool to enlighten peoples mind and give them new goals.

So if you use it for the light....don't be afraid of it....if you use it for the dark....burn them :)

Well that certainly put a smile on my face  :). Thank you for being so frank. last paragraph made me laugh.

I think you are right. somewhere deep inside of me, especially as i first came accross the cards as a young child, am self taught and grew up in an environment where many people thought that tools of self development and divination were evil; there is a 'core belief' which aquaints the tarot and other tools of divination as negative.

In order to journey to my authentic self I now need a new core belief about the tools of divination and self development. This will stop me sabotaring my spiritual development. After I have established this, my cards (the one's I will keep) will come to me either as a gift or purchase...Thank you...

lapiscrystals

Post by lapiscrystals » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:24 pm

Samson wrote:Hello lapiscrystals, nice to meet you.
Hello...thank you for your greeting...nice to meet you too :)

Gaeliccrossed1

Post by Gaeliccrossed1 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:47 pm

I agree with Rhutobello. You have a gift to begin with, the cards are secondary or a tool to use the gift that you already have. Dont let the negativity of others cloud what you know inside you is right, or comfortable to you. People can only make you feel negative about your gift if YOU let them.
You have come to the right place................welcome lapiscrystals. Non  of us will stand in the way of your gift nor ridicule you, in fact we applaud them and encourage them in a positive manner.....We all have something in common the need to interact with like minded souls .

Return to “Introduce Yourself”