My Welcome

Welcome to mysticboard.org. Introduce yourself to other members here. Invite your friends here and post your welcome messages.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Talia

My Welcome

Post by Talia » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:41 pm

:smt006

Hello, I am looking forward to browsing the forum, there is so much here, it is nice to see all my fave topics around in one place.

see you all soon

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:20 am

It is good to have you with us Talia.

Newer members may find navigating and using this very large website somewhat overpowering, so if after reading the FAQ you still have any questions, please feel free to send me a private message.

http://mysticboard.org/faq.php

Very nice to meet you,

EoT :smt006

Talia

Post by Talia » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:47 pm

Hi, thank-you, nice to meet you,

Can you tell me do the adverts go away, I thought they might when a member? They are really rather big and I fear going over them to the next post in case they click or something? I couldn't find any infomation about them on that link?

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:41 pm

Talia wrote:Hi, thank-you, nice to meet you,

Can you tell me do the adverts go away, I thought they might when a member? They are really rather big and I fear going over them to the next post in case they click or something? I couldn't find any infomation about them on that link?
Adverts? Which-Where?? Must be some new feature! My filter must be working well, or perhaps my cataracts?? <LOL>

Anyways -- welcome!!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Advertising is a necessary evil

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:16 am

Talia,

I do not know why some members see these Chitika advertisements, while others do not. I see them on all my devices, and I have tried everything I am able to get rid of them, including the opt out link feature which only works temporarily until you clear your web browser cache. I have tried advertisement filter plugins for all my three web browsers, but this can sometimes completely stop me from reaching Mystic Board.  :smt013

Unfortunately advertisements are a price that we and site owners must pay for the internet to remain "free". Do not confuse these with the Mystic Script library (big purple box) which also helps to pay to keep this site running. And of course any forums which are searchable by the Google search engine if you have a Google account, are also likely to display advertisements specifically targeted at you, based upon your Google search history.

So in summary advertising is a necessary evil unless you are willing to pay for every individual website which you access, or you do not want to pay a ridiculously large annual subscription fee. You can get angry and frustrated and try all the software filters which you want to, but in the end advertisements are here to stay.

Either you have to some degree accept them, or you cannot use the "free" internet.

EoT  :smt009

Return to “Introduce Yourself”