CALLING ALL MB MEMBERS (NEW AND OLDER)

Welcome to mysticboard.org. Introduce yourself to other members here. Invite your friends here and post your welcome messages.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

CALLING ALL MB MEMBERS (NEW AND OLDER)

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:39 am

I do not want to get too poetic here, but I believe that this spiritual community is about to copy the mythical Phoenix bird, and be reborn or rise from its own ashes.

You would not have to be a keen observer to recognise that since late last year and particularly after the forums were moved to this new site with the software updated, things have often been comparatively quiet. In other words the day to day activity level on both the reading and non reading forums has continued to hover somewhere between painfully slow and zero.

Swetha and myself are more determined than ever to help MB to be born again, but without enough people to begin and keep discussions going, asking enough interesting questions and being willing to consider another person's opinion over their own, the non reading forums will inevitably die a quick but painful death, from which there can be no return or rebirth.

And without enough reading requests and readers willing and able to help our members on a fairly regular basis, then the reading forums will quickly follow.

You will usually get out of any benefit to you from being a valued member of this community, in direct proportion to what and how much you are willing to contribute to both the reading and non reading forums. As well in proportion to how you treat ALL other members (including those who belong to the site helper team, on which I feel privileged to serve).

And finally how well you treat yourself and get some of your own equally important needs met, while helping other members to get their needs met.

CALLING ALL MB MEMBERS (NEW AND OLDER, AND WELCOME GUESTS)

WE NEED YOU ALL NOW, PROBABLY MORE THAN WE HAVE EVER NEEDED YOU BEFORE, TO HELP THE SITE HELPER TEAM TO RESURRECT MYSTIC BOARD.

THE LEAST EXPENSIVE AND OFTEN MOST EFFECTIVE FORM OF ADVERTISING IS BY SHARING THIS INFORMATION WITH SOMEONE ELSE OF LIKE INTERESTS AND VALUES.

Regards,

Brian :smt041

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: CALLING ALL MB MEMBERS (NEW AND OLDER)

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:38 pm

Brian,

Swetha has the option of sending this post to all the posters of the group.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:55 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:38 pm
Brian,

Rishi
Rishi,

Normally doing this would use the bulk emailing feature of the software.

However since this practice is not allowed by the people who own the server which MB is hosted upon (because of the huge amount of extra web traffic it would generate), we will have to continue to use the older and slower method of spreading the good news.

There are currently 55019 people in the registered users group alone.

That is a lot of emails to be sent out at the same time.

Brian :smt030

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:48 am

:smt003 ok. Got it, Brian.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:41 am

eye_of_tiger wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:55 pm
RishiRahul wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:38 pm
Brian,

Rishi
Rishi,

Normally doing this would use the bulk emailing feature of the software.

However since this practice is not allowed by the people who own the server which MB is hosted upon (because of the huge amount of extra web traffic it would generate), we will have to continue to use the older and slower method of spreading the good news.

There are currently 55019 people in the registered users group alone.

That is a lot of emails to be sent out at the same time.

Brian :smt030
If I may, Brother (almost my TIME-COUSIN as you know you and I have been from pretty much get-go...?) -- why must not a forum such as this one continue on past principles, which always worked earlier?

Reading forums are essential and important? As always?? Many folks, if not all, first reach out for fruits to quench their hunger and thirst, and a few of those famished eventually turn out to be the gardeners that make orchards grow...?

Reading forums-sections must be more stringently guarded so that vulnerable ones who open their souls and anguish do not get mis-laid or way-laid ?

As too true for the forum-assigned formal educational areas where teaching and teachers have been vetted by administrators and approved or even authorized...

That leaves the GREY ZONE where discussions and new exploratory thoughts (even if sounding zany to some of conservative bent of mind or habit?) begin? It has come to attention that some have stepped-in too hastily and tried to plunge their scimitars, a bit too primately...?

Regards,

An old member, I presume...?
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:13 am

why must not a forum such as this one continue on past principles, which always worked earlier?
The principle that Mystic Board cannot survive on readings alone has not and will not change.

But I would suggest that the reverse principle equally applies (although not to the best of my knowledge in writing)

That is that Mystic Board cannot survive on discussions alone.

It follows therefore that both the reading and non reading forums play important but very different complementary roles, in ensuring the overall "health" and success and sustainability of our community, over the longer term.

While this or these principles will and must never change, the methods which we will use in order to achieve a sense of balance between the reading and non reading forums must necessarily adapt to a constantly changing audience,with their constantly changing expectations about what services and help a free site run completely by volunteers can reasonably provide them with.

A community which makes no effort to change with the times, and believes that if something always seemed to work before that it will always work in the future (maintaining the status quo) is terminally ill.

Your reference to GREY ZONE combined with the posting which you chose to quote at the beginning of this posting frankly confuses me as to exactly what point you are trying to make.

Are you saying that Rishi's suggestion to use the bulk emailing feature of the forum software is a zany exploratory thought, and that by politely explaining that the use of this feature is unavailable to us (which he could not have known without being a site admin), I was stepping in too hastily and plunging my scimitar into him in a primate manner? :smt017 :smt017

I entirely agree with you that some discussions can get heated, and people can at times overreact to what are completely innocent comments made by the other person (plunging their scimitars into them?).

It is the combination of your quote with this statement and not the statement itself, with which I am having problems understanding.

Regards from the coal face,

Brian :smt023

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:03 am

The quote was simply a connector (sequence) and not meant to make you or anyone feel 'criticized' :)

Reading area, teaching area, conversation-discussion-exploration areas are ALL important is what I was saying and not trying to pitch one over the other. The former two, naturally, need to be maintained under watchful eyes of administrators because both are catering to folks who might be more vulnerable or beginners who must be guided gently and conscientiously and with a certain modicum of conservatism, Not sure if I managed to convey clearly what I intended to express in the first place. :smt024
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:43 pm

Hello everyone,

The bulk e mail software was used a few times in the earlier mb before; maybe the later MB doesnt have the feature.

I mentioned this as notifications were not being sent for quite some time; Dunno about now.
Which has over the time reduced number of replies; thus I mentioned...

I visit other forums often, and I have found that the reading forums are the most popular, attracting people.
For example if a forum of divinatory methods do not have reading forums, the other forums too become less popular with time.

By which I deduce that, though both are important, the reading forums are the main attraction/mainstay; a reality.
The rest is upto MB.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:21 pm

The bulk e mail software was used a few times in the earlier mb before; maybe the later MB doesnt have the feature.
This version of the software definitely still has the bulk emailing feature, but as I explained earlier the server administrator will not all us to use it, because of the extra web traffic it would generate.

This feature is separate from subscriptions (although subscriptions of course involve sending an email or two), which Cedars has recently reported to me as working.

Other forums are hopefully in a much healthier condition when compared to MB's seriously depleted situation.

Both our reading and non reading forums have become critically run down, due to a number of factors which are beyond my control.

It will be necessary to rebuild all the forums from the ground up, and attract new readers as well as enough active members to keep the site ticking over.

The very fact that we are two of only a handful of people who still visit this site and that we are both on the helper team and that we are debating these what should be internal matters on an open forum where even our guests can clearly see that MB is barely surviving on borrowed time is, I believe a symptom of our community's terminal condition.

If you really wish to spend what remaining time we might have arguing among ourselves about matters which are of no interest or relevance to our newer members, and comparing MB to other sites which have not experienced even half of the major challenges which your site admin have faced during the last 11 months or so, then you are more than welcome to take over my role (effective immediately).

I remain open to your suggestions about what we can try to resolve our difficulties, but at the same time I have honestly informed you of the major barriers which continue to stand in the way of me being able to apply these suggestions, without a site owner or software technical expert (we temporarily had one, then we lost him again) to support my ongoing efforts to keep MB fully operational.

I believe that the new user registration dialogue, email notifications and the feature which keeps you logged in between sessions have been fixed, but beyond that I can do very little other than to do what I feel I can do in the best interests of all members (while taking better care of myself), and continuing to hope for a miracle.

Make that three miracles! :smt037 :smt037 :smt037

Regards,

Brian :smt100

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:38 am

Just TWO...? I just saw Cedar's sharing and willingness to pitch in?

Now you have THREE? And with SWETHA's public message = FOUR?

Instead of continuing to waste cathexis on what went wrong, where you or we failed, why don't YOU accomplished PSYCHIC (Tiger?), DIVINATOR (Rishi) and CEDAR (Healer and Divinator) begin to demonstrate your wonderful skills and make our MYSTIC BOARD come ALIVE?

USE YOUR POWERS inherent in each of you folks?

Others shall willingly JOIN in once they are sure that YOU FOLKS are truly sincere...?

One member, for instance, Rishi, I have noticed got railed rather harshly on a forum on some neither here nor there, anywhere island? In the middle of Pacific? I believe, he was sincere, but got shafted, because he was a bit too transparent?

Five, Six, thousands...?

I have seen such phenomena so many times!

Need I say more, ??

DO IT...
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:56 am

Hello people,
What's happening??? Please don't get upset. We are here as a team and we all mean well for the forum. Please respect each other's sentiments and stop behaving like kids.. You all are precious to me and this forum. We need you all to come together and work towards the common goal of uplifting MB once again. And we have to reach a middle path to strive to move ahead.

I know Mystic Board has gone down a lot. But I am sure with our renewed efforts, we should be able to bring it up again. We have stopped mailing as it is considered as spam by the server admins and we will get banned. But we are trying to find alternate methods to communicate with our members.

I know there's lot's to be done and this is no way to start. Please start listing in points what needs to be changed immediately. I have started noting down important issues that were taken care of.

@eye_of_tiger -- Sir, I am sure RR didn't mean to twist your words and has nothing against you. I am sorry if there has been some confusion
@Rohiranjan -- sir, I know you mean well, but maybe how you say it could be a little more neutral.

1. New registration spam issue - solved
2. site has been changed from http:// to https://

So please forget about who said what etc and let us move ahead :)

Lots of Love

P.S. Do remember I cannot do this alone. You have been my friends for years now and helped us in times of need. So let's put our differences aside and start afresh :)

Swetha

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:52 am

Sir,

It is clear that we will never agree about everything, and that is OK.

However we definitely agree on at least two of the points which you have attempted to communicate above (sorry for commenting on them in the reverse order from which they were written).
Instead of continuing to waste cathexis on what went wrong, where you or we failed, why don't YOU accomplished PSYCHIC (Tiger?), DIVINATOR (Rishi) and CEDAR (Healer and Divinator) begin to demonstrate your wonderful skills and make our MYSTIC BOARD come ALIVE?
While I am not so sure about your accomplished psychic compliment (although it was much appreciated), I feel that this challenge of making Mystic Board come alive again is not confined to readers, moderators and administrators. It believe that if this is going to happen, EVERYONE WHO VISITS THIS SITE FROM NOW ON has an equally important role to play. If this is going to be a successful team effort, then even my original definition of the site helper team urgently needs to be expanded to include EVERY PERSON who visits this website. And while we are defining who is on the site helper team, I would like to go further and include those of our guests who might be considering registering with us. Our welcome guests are all potential members of the site helper team as well.

I also agree with the first part of your statement. Instead of wasting valuable time and energy examining and analyzing and brooding upon where things have gone wrong (particularly as most if not all of them were of a technical nature (largely software related), and were therefore not within our control or responsibility), we should be instead directing and focusing our energies and enthusiasm on what we can each practically and reasonably do to make our unique individual contribution to the overall team effort. No matter how well we plan and prepare for life's many challenges, life often has of making its own plans for us. Regularly updating software frequently provides us with useful new features, but at the same time some of the older features which were working well for us get broken. Some but not all of these broken features will eventually be restored one way or the other. Further software updates will unavoidably bring their own challenges.

But the attitudes we have towards these challenges, plus the many others involved with refreshing and rebuilding our beloved community spirit, will not automatically or inevitably change over time. Nor will our individual efforts increase by themselves, without each of us constantly being on the watch for slipping back into old, outworn and overly negative habits of thought and behaviour. No matter what age, gender or culture, we are all guilty of doing this at times. With the world as it is in 2018, we appear to be constantly exposed to and drowning in a "sea of negativity". So the challenges of remaining optimistic but also at the same time realistic and practical,are truly great.

This does not mean that we must never feel the so called negative emotions (actually all emotions begin as neutral) such as fear, anger, sadness or grief etc. Humans are I believe designed to experience the entire range of emotions, from one extreme to the other. There are always going to be some days when the only response we can manage is to have a major and temporarily satisfying moan or whinge session. Or to blame others for and project onto them, our own human imperfections and mistakes. If that is what Swetha was referring to as "behaving like kids", then that is even more reason why we ALL need to look more closely and with greater self honesty with the intention to keep the kid behaviour to a minimum, but never to expect it to completely disappear (as we would not be fully human if it did).

L&L,

Brian :smt049

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:57 pm

First of all, I am so glad to see that Swetha is back and is eager to light up the fire of MB :)

I am also glad to see this site has been converted to https which these days is the norm for all internet sites.
I am not sure yet if ALL the technical issues have been resolved, but that has yet to be seen.

I have read the long threads about the different ideas and who said what, where, how, etc... and I will atrribute that to the long absence of members and readers alike from MB which we thought was doomed and was never coming back.

Now I see it is up and running and the different opinions on how we should do this or that....

The site is up and running. It will not pick up in a day or two or even three. We all do our best and before we know it, it is a new MB.
Glad the see the dialogue going..

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:01 pm

Cedars,

Message received loud and clear.

I wanted to take this opportunity to personally thank you for your loyalty, support and friendship, during what have been very challenging times for us all.

Let us hope that there is now a corresponding increase in the number of reading requests submitted, to get our intuitive juices flowing again.

Kindest regards,

Brian :smt024

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:19 am

Thank you Brian,
I am looking forward to the new MB and interacting with our colleagues and members old and new alike!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”