CALLING ALL MB MEMBERS (NEW AND OLDER)

Welcome to mysticboard.org. Introduce yourself to other members here. Invite your friends here and post your welcome messages.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Re: CALLING ALL MB MEMBERS (NEW AND OLDER)

Post by eye_of_tiger » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:58 pm

I am looking forward to the new MB and interacting with our colleagues and members old and new alike!
DITTO!

Every member old or new is needed to spread the good news, that the Mystic Board community is back online.

Between all of us and of course Swetha, WE WILL BECOME THE NEW MYSTIC BOARD.

Brian :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:24 am

Love all of you :)
Cedars, there are many technical issues to be solved. But it will done. I will have to ask EOT to make me the list again :) We are not going anywhere and I am sure you guys will make sure of it :)

Lots of love

Swetha

Now tell me where do you want to get started?

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:08 pm

Swetha
Hearing from you in the public forums is a big boost for us and the general population of Mystic Board. I have to admit, I and along with another esteemed colleague of mine, had almost given up hope...... This is so encouraging to hear that the technical issues are being addressed and a a result I am confident that the MB members will regain hope and confidence in us and indeed the software.

On with the good work!
Last edited by cedars on Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:50 pm

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=86912

Swetha, :smt026

I see no point in my listing technical to dos at the moment, as I am depending entirely on other members to report any problems which they are experiencing with the forum software in my Report Board Issues thread (link at the top of this message).

The new user registration dialogue now appears to be working OK with your added security filter (very effective), and Cedars has reported that email subscriptions are finally being received.

But the email subscriptions were working for me from the time that the software was first updated, which must have something to do with me being an administrator and forum permissions.

I cannot tell with my administrator status turned on, what features are not working for any other member group, so it is entirely up to them to let either of us know about any issues they are having in the Report Board Issues announcement thread.

As with everything else, detecting and fixing technical issues will have to be a united team effort between all of us.

I am also excited, encouraged and to be honest greatly relieved to see you back on the forums, both as my colleague and as my friend.

I second everything which Cedars has already said to you above.

DEAREST SWETHA :smt049

WE ALL LOVE YOU TOO :smt049 :smt049 :smt049 :smt049

Brian :smt041

PS: Swetha. I have left a little welcome home gift for you in the admin forum. :smt035

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:03 pm

I think Brian makes a valid point.
Let us handle the technical issues as and when they come in.

1) I, for one, had to log in every time when the new software was introduced. That is not the case anymore. I am always logged in which is what I had before this new software.
2) I was never notified by email on the threads I was following. Now that is not the case. I am getting email notifications and I like that a lot.

These were the two main issues for me and now they are both working and may they continue so.

If there are other technical issues - behind the scenes - that do not affect our daily online existence and communication on MB, we leave those in your capable hands, Swetha.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:45 am

I have not yet tried the notifications part. The last time I did it was not working for me. Let me try that out. For one, I know we need to reduce the number of forums.

I will keep track of the "Report Board Issues" thread and get Abhi to work on it :D

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:51 am

swetha wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:45 am
....... I know we need to reduce the number of forums.

Swetha, please see my post in the Readers Forum.

Shivoham

Post by Shivoham » Thu May 30, 2019 1:30 pm

I am a new entrant on MB, I am active on LOVA as well. What I have personally felt is activity level on MB is pretty low in comparison to LOVA. I joined MB to develop understanding on other occult topics than vedic astrology such as palmistry, face & aura reading etc. I am just an esoteric enthusiast looking out for people with similar interests & gnosis. I think guys at the top ie. Old members have to take initiative to get the website up & running.
I am without any form & variation. I am present everywhere as the underlying substratum of everything & always in equilibrium Neither do I get attached to anything, nor get freed from anything. I am Ever Pure Blissful Consciousness Soham Shivoham

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Fri May 31, 2019 2:01 am

Shivoham wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 1:30 pm
I am a new entrant on MB, I am active on LOVA as well. What I have personally felt is activity level on MB is pretty low in comparison to LOVA. I joined MB to develop understanding on other occult topics than vedic astrology such as palmistry, face & aura reading etc. I am just an esoteric enthusiast looking out for people with similar interests & gnosis. I think guys at the top ie. Old members have to take initiative to get the website up & running.
Hello,

I am one of the old members who is taking the initiative and responsibility to try my best to keep this website up and running, but there is very little more that I can do to improve matters, without the ongoing support of either the readers or site owner.

It is very painful for me to have to visit the site each day, and see reading requests sitting there for days and weeks, with no response.

And to see so many wonderful opportunities offered by other old members for worthwhile discussions being wasted, because nobody will read and respond to them.

It is soul destroying to have to on a daily basis watch our much loved Mystic Board community, disintegrate before my very eyes.

On many days the only activity is for me to remove hundreds of spam postings.

So while I do completely understand the reasons for you feeling that the activity level on MB is ridiculously low (of those postings you ever get to see), please do not believe for one second that you are the only old member who cares, or who is trying his or her best to give this website all that they have to offer, without destroying their own health, lose their job or their family, or give up their personal values in the process.

Thank you for returning,

Brian :smt010

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri May 31, 2019 10:49 pm

Shivoham wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 1:30 pm
ALL MEMBERS have to pull their weight! Just like earlier times when we all were on a different server. The switch, which if I understand correctly was not only essential but crucial for continued existence of this forum. Since this is now a new forum, all members who participate will be the new pioneers and soon become old members, just like has been true for pretty much all forums that I have observed, participated in, etc., as a new member, not so new member, mildly recognized member, even old member and all the shades in between.

We are in a very different era than even 40 or so years ago when internet fora began, and indeed even before internet became the heavy-weight in cyber-realm. With increasing ease in speed and functionality as well as features, not to mention the rise in social-media, audio-video multimedia presentations, the traditional modality of cyber-communication will need innovative thinking, strategies, etc. I am neither trying to patronize nor sound unctorial, but just sharing my views and yes, opinions. The old well-tested, tried and once successful model will have a very difficult time to remain attractive or attract members and participants who shall continue to expect more, faster and sooner. Due to the plethora of possibilities available, folks shall arrive, sample, contribute a bit to the discussions and sharings and some shall stay, others shall move on, few shall continue to visit and revisit.

C'est la vie...!

Regards,
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:10 am

Had I written and shared just ONE sharing for whoever might wish to pay attention, this one would be it:

https://www.boloji.com/articles/1080/saturn-blessings
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Introduce Yourself”