Who is authorithy on gemstones properties?

Know the right astral gems that can make your life progressive

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Sorrow

Post by Sorrow » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:40 pm

as the heading goes,where from, are the descriptions of what each stone does, this whole thing seem like some new age hippies got too much inspired.

lillian

Post by lillian » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:44 am

This really isn't a new age phenomena.  Interest in the healing properties of gemstones is an ancient phenomena that happens to still hold appeal today.  Most ancient cultures valued gems to prevent illness, misfortune and positively influence the spirit of the wearer.
Lillian
Wild Fish Gems

agianto

Post by agianto » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:16 am

It is very interesting and fun to know how the physical and optical properties and/or physical appearance of a stone have been creatively related to its believed metaphysical power.

RoseRed

Post by RoseRed » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:40 am

Ancient Greeks used to wear them in their breastplates etc
And yeah agianto its very interesting how each one is formed and how the particular minerals get into the form etc. Was going through an old book actually the other night. Amazing stuff.
I think Gem is the authority.

I don't mean to be rude, but have you even done any research on gems and their qualities?
Your heading confuses me as its seen as a question - which can be seen from one pt of view (mine) as an inquiring question. So you're a little interested?
Well if you are then do some searching and reading, put some effort into it.

But I can relate your story to one of mine, my mother always used to laugh at me when I bought a new crystal home, she used to say oh jees what are you doing again with those bunch of rocks! you spend all your money on a bunch of klippe! (AKA rocks) heehee It was said in jest, and its actually quite funny if you put yourself in the shoes of someone who see's the earth as earth and the cloud as a cloud. She's a very practical person. Black and white. heehee :)
To Err, Human
To Forgive, Divine

agianto

Post by agianto » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:06 pm

What YOU think is what YOU get.
Joy to the World!

dessa

Re: Who is authorithy on gemstones properties?

Post by dessa » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:37 pm

Sorrow wrote:as the heading goes,where from, are the descriptions of what each stone does, this whole thing seem like some new age hippies got too much inspired.
It is interesting how so much of this is consider "new" age, when so much of it is more of an almost forgotten understanding some quite ancient.

Such as Hipocrates making reference to the use of astrology with medicine, ...

As for the quality of stones, hmm well most all ancient cultures had stones or gems they considered to have healing or magical qualities, the ancient greeks, romans, babylonians, and egyptians, as well as the early christians.

for example the 12 stones of the bible are also popular among other cultures as well ...

The first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third chalcedony, the fourth emerald, the fifth sardonyx, the sixth carnelian, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst.

as to their properties, there are many excellent books and websites with helpful information though if you have a specific question perhaps that would help. there are to many to list.

dessa

RoseRed

Re: Who is authorithy on gemstones properties?

Post by RoseRed » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:54 am

dessa wrote: for example the 12 stones of the bible are also popular among other cultures as well ...

The first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third chalcedony, the fourth emerald, the fifth sardonyx, the sixth carnelian, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst.
Wow dessa I didn't  know that, but makes so much sense :)
Thank you so much for sharing that.
To Err, Human
To Forgive, Divine

dessa

Post by dessa » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:08 pm

RoseRed,

You are welcome, yeah, it is interesting that those same stones are the primary stones in many cultures, then to find them and the reference of crystal in the bible kind of tends to make you think, I separate my own spiritual values from religious teachings, as to often religion is based on politics, but for those who might argue with me on the issue of stones based on faith, well I can show them where to look in the bible and see that these stones were there as well.

I know someone who can benefit from ameythst, but was having problems reconcile using this with their faith issues now they are at peace and can use it with out conflict. I think most references in the bible are in revelation.

dessa

d_vampyra

Post by d_vampyra » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:08 pm

I thought that this topic board was a safe place to help people understand thungs and ask for help? A learning centre of sorts.  THis is a pretty negative statement (as i really do not think that htere is much of a topic or question involved) and that we would all be better of just staying away from talk like this.  If this person is really interested in knowing about different areas of healing then i am quite sure that they can go about it in a more positive way, they might get a bit more out of things that way.

TheAlchemist

Post by TheAlchemist » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:32 pm

peace and love are a big theme in my home...i have a 10 foot peace sign attached to the front of my house...it has lights on it that i turn on during the holidays and during summer outings....i collect  gemstones and am especially drawn to the ones that are heart shaped...they are everywhere in my house along with pictures of hearts etc etc...my daughter told me one day that her friend said i was a hippie....call me what you wish...but i see nothing wrong with an abundance of peace and love....a home is a reflection of who lives there ...and yes gemstones abound in my home...their healing properties are infinite.....
Peace

Return to “Gemology”