Too many gems?

Know the right astral gems that can make your life progressive

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

maplewoman

Too many gems?

Post by maplewoman » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:11 am

Hi everyone, I have a question regarding the number of gems one has.
I have been collecting stones and gems a long time and have a large collection of all different sorts, I have put many of them on a book case near my front door which only myself and few other people see, Is this recommendable or do the different energies effect each other in a negative way?
Whatever you believe is what is!

jenchocaholic

Absolutely no idea.

Post by jenchocaholic » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:20 pm

But can I suggest you clean them every so often. By way of either sitting them in rock salt or much easier a moonbath on the full moon.

And this would give you a chance to play with them and know if it is 'right'

Jen

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:10 pm

Sometimes its easy to hoard our crystals, but perhaps that is a very materialistic way of living? Perhaps some of them might be better off with someone else? So often I find that a crystal leaps up and it feels right to give it away usually to someone that needs it more than me, Crystals have a way of staying and leaving as they wish lol, sometimes they disappear for ages then just turn up out of the blue.

The number of crystals isn't really an issue but they may be better off spread out and put to good use? You can get conflicting energies, some energising some calming and some protecting whilst others attract, confusing to say the least.

I wouldn't personally ever recommend salt water cleansing or salt crystals for cleansing, it can damage many crystals. When you have a lot its useful to blow away any dust with a reversed vacuum cleaner and then cleanse 'dryly' with sound or light or smoke.  Most benefit from a cold water shower to earth and ground their energies too. That way they will keep sparkling and happy :)

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:21 pm

Gem wrote:I wouldn't personally ever recommend salt water cleansing or salt crystals for cleansing, it can damage many crystals.
Hi Gem

I found that to be an odd statement considering that so many people recommend salt water treatments.  Is it because the salt crystals are too abrasive?

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:30 pm

Salt is used extensively for protection and healing in many circles. For me,  I find it highly abrasive especially for soft crystals and raw pieces. The salt lingers and there is really no need whatsoever to use it near crystals or gemstones. In fact imagine your hard earned crystals dissolving or being fractured by using salt!!  No point but thats mho.

Its not really as odd as one might think if the chemical structure is taken into account?

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:42 pm

Gem wrote:Salt is used extensively for protection and healing in many circles. For me,  I find it highly abrasive especially for soft crystals and raw pieces. The salt lingers and there is really no need whatsoever to use it near crystals or gemstones. In fact imagine your hard earned crystals dissolving or being fractured by using salt!!  No point but thats mho.

Its not really as odd as one might think if the chemical structure is taken into account?
Good points.  Are you really 99?  Just curious!

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:44 pm

Nope I'm 107 but the counter won't go up that high!!!!!

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:40 pm

I rinse mine in cold running water, then give them some sunlight and some moonlight. I have about 50 on one tray and haven´t really thought about conflicting energies before. I tend to pick one out when I want to use it, or several if I am doing chakra healing or something, then replace the used one.

I do find though that if I place the tray on the shelf above my head where I sleep, I have VERY strange dreams!

Azamarak

Post by Azamarak » Sun May 20, 2007 12:39 pm

Personally I am of the opinion that one can never have enough crystals. Many times you find yourself having to leave a crystal behind in magick. Each crystal has it's unique correspondances and abilities. Some are more powerful under waxing or waning moons. Some are more powerful under the rise of certain planets or during a certian astrological sign.

I have two selenite wands that I have had for what seems a lifetime....so, nope you can never have to many crystals.

Return to “Gemology”