Red Coral

Know the right astral gems that can make your life progressive

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Kissna

Red Coral

Post by Kissna » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:24 am

Hey all,

I don't know why but I'm very attracted to Red Coral. I just like the feel. I'd like to ask what areas does Red Coral improve by wearing it. What are the characteristics of wearing a Red Coral?

I'm also wearing an Emerald. Can I wear it together with Emerald? Is there any specific way of wearing a Red Coral? Which metal should I use?

Kissna

Post by Kissna » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:07 am

Somebody please reply....

flight _of_angelwings

Post by flight _of_angelwings » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:50 am

Hi,

I have many books on gemology but none of them actually define or have red coral in it.  Its as i know its not classed as a semi -precious stone so it is a lot harder to find out its benefits.

I can although say that because you love the feel and look of it and it being a rich red it actually would resonate with your Root chakra.  Your root chakra is a whirling energy centre located within your body.  There are seven main ones moving from the root chakra up to the crown chakra.  The root chakra is located at the base of the spine.  Its main concern is with keeping life vibrant and sustainable.  It encorporates all the qualities to maintain existence in an orderly fashion, including being constant and stable.  Basically it hold all our physical and emotional needs for survival.

The smoothness you love to feel could mean that you either need a smoother road for your survival, e.g work, food, housing or that you have achieved a smooth road for yourself and enjoy your smoothness of life style.

I find that a book may say that a certain crystal benefits the heart and emotions and yet fo me i helps me with pain or concentration.  so you may just want to meditiate lightly ho,lding it and ask your self once you head is quiet how it makes you really feel, where you feel it and why it makes you feel good.

I really hope this helps but none of my books/head knowledge cover the actual coral or any coral but I do know stones and chakras and they are also so closely related to the same thing and the above information would also apply as its the same with colour therapy and chakra healing etc.

Enjoy!

ammz

Post by ammz » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:57 am

Hey kissna...

I m wearing Red coral since 5 or 6 years.. and i have this feeling that it controls my temper  :) and emotions.. i dont get hyper wen i m wearing it... i think the appropriate metal is gold... atleast thats wat i have heard.. but i wear it in silver..and i think it works! and plzz do update me if u get to know more abt this stone...

tc.

lfrett

Post by lfrett » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:17 pm

It's for healing and power.

It's good for meditation.

Ammz... It is used for depression so I can see where it would help with temper and imotions.

This page has a really good description of Red Coral...  http://www.crystal-cure.com/coral-red.html

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:04 pm

Red Coral  or Munga is the 'gemstone' for Mars. The best kind to use as a gemstone, in fact the only form that is a gemstone or that is hard enough to be faceted and polished is fossilized red coral. This is also a safer option than trying to get growing coral harvested which is now protected.  Red coral works well with silver or gold but ideally the gold should be a high content like 18, 19 or 24.

Used for healing red coral is a very female stone that can help the base chakra and work with the feminine structures to improve fertility. The colour sometimes changes and fades and with the cycles of the moon. A very useful stone for getting pregnant and helping with any kind of menstrual problem. For males it has the alternative effect of raising the energy and boosting the same area.

Emerald is the stone of Mercury and works well to complement the Mars effect, careful the emerald doesn't harm the coral though. :)

Delphina

Red Coral Metaphysical/Healing Properties

Post by Delphina » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:01 pm

Coral is a tentacled skeletal creature with microscopic plants living inside its soft tissues. When it reproduces, the new life forms remain attached to their "parents," building reefs and atolls-a polyp living in clear, warm seawaters. At the same time the plants go on living inside them and drawing sustenance from the sunlight.

Coral's greatest spiritual value is that it is like a wise teacher. It teaches us to value life and our place in it. It shows us the importance of living so that we make the world a good place for the children and grandchildren that follow.

A beautiful symbol of the importance of creatures and plants living harmoniously together.

Mineral                           Calcium carbonate, magnesia and organic substance

Chemical Composition   CaCO3

Color                            Deep red to soft pink

Hardness                         3-4

Specific Gravity               2.6-2.7

Refractive Index             1.486-1.658

Delphina

Red Coral Designs

Post by Delphina » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:06 pm

Coral is found in a variety of colors, but the deep, noble red is the most highly valued.

Use it with turquoise or amber in your jewelry. Silver beads look pretty good as well.

You can use it in a variety of bead forms: branches, cylinders, and exquisite heishe.

Each shape adds a different texture and interest. Angelskin pink cabochons make a quieter statement.

Whatever you choose, you can be certain coral will carry the vibrant life of the Ocean into your creations.

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:00 pm

Blimey... you sound like a super saleswoman lol.  Have you ever worked with coral?

Delphina

Post by Delphina » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:00 pm

Hi Gem;

:) lol :)
I have personally never worked with red coral.

saurabhthapar86

MARS is incompatible with Mercury

Post by saurabhthapar86 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:25 am

In our vedic scriptures Mars or Mangal which is the lord of the gem Red Coral is considered incompatible with Mercury lord of Emerald..Hence Red Coral and Emerald should not be worn together
SAURABH THAPAR

richardredhawk

Red Coral

Post by richardredhawk » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:41 am

First off most of the coral you see now is color enhanced now so as to bring about a deaper richer color.
Coral in the color red is an excellent stone for the feminine energies during the 7 day cycle to help ease this time period.
It is one of understanding and communication, an excellent stone to use with the root chakra and vibrates to the number 4.
In general coral of all color helps with communication of a past spiritual nature to bring about the reawakining of the present and connection to the past histories of the individual that is using this stone, so that the transfer of such knowledge is easily understood.
Horn Coral is also one of a red color and as its name implies looks like a horn, and some say a tooth. your choice. This one is better suited to the bringing forth of past knowledge to the present.
Both the red corals are good for protection and brings self-awareness to your own security in all matters related to the individual using this stone.
Richard RedHawk

pkj

Post by pkj » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:08 am

Red coral should be worn in gold either as a ring or pendent.

Angelic_Angel

Red Coral

Post by Angelic_Angel » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:57 pm

I wear both Red Coral and Emerald they are both very good and alot of positive things wil just start happening out of the blue.
ok

holyspirit

red coral in vedic astrology

Post by holyspirit » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:40 pm

is used for the planet mars which for someone with a negative acting mars can be a sense of emotional outburst and temper as mars is the planet of action and passion and such things can be exhibited by a misbehaving mars. depression can also be relieved by wearing red coral. more importantly it is good for raising the tempt of the individual. furthermore holding red coral can help alleviate colds and flus and increase recovery time. because mars rules surgery wearing a red coral can expedite the time of recovery after surgery. red coral is a nice stone and increases the attributes of mars. it will instill strength of purpose as well. of course wearing red coral increases mars energy and the negative energy of mars is  thinking of bombs, explosions (similar to emotional outbursts, tantrums, depression, repressed anger), arguments and wanting to fight, aggression, etc. so if you have these thought changes as a result of wearing mars then it is not appropiate for you at all. the most important thing when wearing a stone is to see the changes in thought processes. your thoughts should have an instantaneous change. some thought should come in that wasn't there. that is my experience. of course please share your experiences as well. the chart is a genetic blueprint of yourself created by the arrangement of the planets. by the exact configuration of these planets and the strength of these planets radiating at the time of your birth determines the unique blueprint. hence someone can have the same configuration but the planetary strengths were different at time of birth can produce different results in the personality and fate of the individual.

wearing red coral must be carefully analyzed after wearing to ensure that aggression and negative tempers etc. don't arise greater.  

please read all assocations with mars related to vedic astrology online there are plenty of resources available.

Return to “Gemology”