Rock Science

Know the right astral gems that can make your life progressive

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

pixelation

Rock Science

Post by pixelation » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:55 pm

Hello.  I suppose I am sort of a conservative psychic, as I like to know the science behind everything I believe.  An example would be Astrology.  I believe in astrology because psychology has proven that phases of the moon correspond with certain statistics, like crime.  

I believe in the power of stones though and I'm not exactly sure why.  I guess I feel that one day we will know the science behind them.  

Does anyone have any input about Gemology as a science... IE why does it work?

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:38 pm

I think I am a bit like you? My base is in science so I question and investigate and delve deep into topics that interest me.  Gemology is the science of gemstones, of faceting and cutting and evaluating gemstones and a far distant cousin of 'gemology' or the science of Vedic or astral gemstones and placement 'gemology.

from Wikipedia...Gemology (gemmology outside the United States) is the science, art and profession of identifying and evaluating gemstones. It is considered a geoscience and a branch of mineralogy. Some jewelers are academically trained gemologists and are qualified to identify and evaluate gems.

It is far easier to scientifically prove the healing potential or power of crystals, than to take on faith the proported power of wearing certain gemstones, of certain weights, set in certain metals, on certain fingers, at certain times of the month, depending on when you were born?

But it's a well accepted fact that copper is helpful for arthritis, so perhaps it might logically follow that stones high in copper like malachite  might be of benefit too?

Your pc is running on a tiny sliver of silicon and quartz right this minute!  Perhaps you have a quartz watch? Science harnesses the piezo electric power of some crystals and uses it to regulate electricity.

Once we realise that there is some truth to the healing potential of gemstones the rest is easy:)

What proof would be acceptable to you?

lfrett

Post by lfrett » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:56 pm

Crystals vibrate at specific frequencies. I used to be a Certified Electronics Technician (CET) and a Certified Computer Systems Engineer. Crystals are often used in electronics for timing circuits because of this ability of theirs.

Now, as a Metaphysician, I use crystals in healing. The human body operates with a certain amount of electrical current (this is partly why getting shocked is so dangerous to humans). It is thought that the frequency of the crystals and the frequency of the human body both work together to help heal a persons energy (in Metaphysics the individual energy meridians/nadis and Chakra are very important).

As for the scientific evidence of this - Quantum Physics. Other than that, human experience is the only other evidence. The people who use crystals in energy healing or are healed by healers using crystals say that this works.

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:38 pm

Nice points Ifrett, but some people think that perhaps the crystal healer is the one that heals or channels healing, and its nothing to do with the crystals?

Not that I am arguing against crystal healing or healing with crystals lol, I know it works, and the lovely thing is that the persion receiving the crystal therapy doesn't even have to believe, it could be a horse or a baby, the stones still do their stuff and help :)

martial_artist

Boji stones disintigrate right into plants!

Post by martial_artist » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:44 am

Also besides the boji stone, the red spots on blood stone disappear into the person wearing it to heal them. There are lots of scientific episodes to show that crystals are special. I heard of one that closes blood vessels at scalpaled openings and helps lower blood loss, blood stone maybe.

Return to “Gemology”