Silver vs Gold

Know the right astral gems that can make your life progressive

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

starryskies

Silver vs Gold

Post by starryskies » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:43 pm

Is it true that a crystal mounted in silver (ie, to be worn as jewelry) is better than mounted in gold, because gold 'blocks' its powers somehow? I heard that but am not sure if it is true. If it is true, then why?

jallious

Post by jallious » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:18 pm

Gold is called the devil's urine, but I'm not sure they mean it to be an evil thing. The only piece of gold I have hurts to touch, which is my ex's necklace.
Trust your own feelings, never anyone else's.

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:24 pm

Hurts emotionally or physically? Not sure what you meant.

I had a friend who turned gold black when she wore it, it was very strange!

Devils urine eh? Not a nice name :-) Not heard that before.

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:05 pm

I would think that your friend was wearing 9ct gold? That can easily turn black or even green depending on when and where it is worn because of the impurities included in it.

It is far easier and cheaper to wear almost pure silver like fine silver which is 99.9% pure or sterling which is 92.5% pure silver and 7.5% copper. Less impurities to cause allergies and a lovely product uncontaminated by more dangerous heavy metals.

When choosing a gemstone setting, 'gemology' asks for a precise measurement, weight and setting of gold or silver but crystal healing only asks that the stone be set happily, ideally for most, with an open back so the stone can touch the skin, and an open end so the crystal can breathe and save itself.

Jallious perhaps that is to do more with karma and negativity than the actual gold?

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:01 pm

That is really interesting Gem. Thanks. You certainly know your stones! :)

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:03 pm

starryskies wrote:That is really interesting Gem. Thanks. You certainly know your stones! :)
That's for sure.

zastrox

Post by zastrox » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:56 am

I read somewhere a while back that gold is considered a symbol of Christian purity when worn by those of the aforementioned faith. I wonder where the Idea that gold is the devils urine comes from? I always thought that alcohol (especially beer) was considered the devil's urine.

Personally I like silver. When I hold anything cast in solid silver in my hand I can feel it buzz, almost like it has some sort of life energy flowing through it. Gold just feels inert and lifeless.

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:37 am

old usually has a lot more impurities that conflict and can cloud the gold's unique energy. Silver can be up to 99.9% pure and therefore conducts energy far better :)

saurabhthapar86

Gold for some and Silver for Some

Post by saurabhthapar86 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:38 am

Gold- ruby,red coral,emerald
Silver-Pearl,cats eye
SAURABH THAPAR

richardredhawk

Silver vs Gold

Post by richardredhawk » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:56 am

In the Native American Tradition Gold is considered greed and corruption where as silver is considered one of truth.

Silver is used in the enhancment of speech (thus truth, as it allows you to stumble if not speaking truth), and is considered to bring about a steady platform for other stones as it steadies their energies without interfering with the stones abilitites.  Silver is excellent when working with the thymus.
This mineral is connected to the Moon. Also this helps remove negativity for the person using this mineral and renforces all positive aspects of the task at hand.

Gold is also considered an earth keeper this works with the crown chakra and some call it a master healer if this mineral is in its pure form.

As with all minerals and gemstones the person using it must ask if this is the correct mineral/stone to do a specific task, and as always never tell the mineral/stone what to do but ask that it help you in what you are seeking, as my tradition considers each to be a living entity just as you are.
Richard RedHawk

Lianne

Post by Lianne » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:30 pm

Some stones are better suited to silver, others to gold. Fire stones such as carnelian, citrine, yellow topaz, ect are well suited to gold mounting. Moon stones such as pearls are better suited to silver.

Sorrow

Post by Sorrow » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:04 am

If you have, for example, Ruby in silver, does it reduce its properties?

unanth

gemstone metal in vedic astrology

Post by unanth » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:52 am

I too have delved deep into this metal thing..

I find that according to vedic astrology, gold or silver is suggested and am convinced that silver or platinum or white gold acts better and beautiful. The think the color has more emphasis then the metal( silver colour)

One version is Kali Yuga is ruled by Venus and Venus's metal is Silver.

Also each planet is associate with a metal and element. So for that reason.

Bandit81101

Post by Bandit81101 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:07 pm

I personally won't wear gold, I get a bad feeling from it.  When I got married several years ago, my fiance even bought me a silver ring because I wanted nothing to do with the gold.  To this day I believe I don't have any jewelery with gold in it.
Fairytales don't tell children that dragons exist, they already know that dragons exist.  Fairytales tell them that dragons can be defeated.

acaveyogi

Re: Silver vs Gold

Post by acaveyogi » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:53 pm

starryskies wrote:Is it true that a crystal mounted in silver (ie, to be worn as jewelry) is better than mounted in gold, because gold 'blocks' its powers somehow? I heard that but am not sure if it is true. If it is true, then why?
Silver is of the power of the "Moon". Gold is of the power of the "Sun". The "Moon" is of using "White light" as a positive power. The "Sun" is of using "Goldern light" as a positive power. The Moon is the feminine and the Sun is the masculine. "Golden White" means that both are in play as a team.

If one does not mind alittle "Sun" with their "Moon" :) Life gets interesting quick :) relative to the power of a crystal and what that crystal can do.

Yes "gold" does affect "silver" :)

Love,

john
For those of you that can see the living energy that living things give off, the young lady in my "avatar" picture radiates, "Sunshine Life and Love".

acaveyogi

Return to “Gemology”