crystal or quartz?

Know the right astral gems that can make your life progressive

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

BobD

Post by BobD » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:08 pm

thanks for the tip i'm thinking of getting one of those tumblers for polishing rocks the kind they have in a hobby shop because i also have nine sapphires that i want to polish

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:31 pm

Bob!!!! There is a big difference in the finish and quality between polished sapphires, polished on a flatbed polisher used for flat faces and gemstones, and sapphires polished in a tumbler! I would hate you to ruin your stones or cause them to lose value by using the wrong method to polish them.

BobD

Post by BobD » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:40 pm

Gem wrote:Bob!!!! There is a big difference in the finish and quality between polished sapphires, polished on a flatbed polisher used for flat faces and gemstones, and sapphires polished in a tumbler! I would hate you to ruin your stones or cause them to lose value by using the wrong method to polish them.
thanks for pointing that out looks like i'll just leave them as they are for now i really wouldn't want to ruin them

sally moorby

Post by sally moorby » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:40 pm

you can get differant colours of tigers eye blue, green and gold there is also one called tigers iron
hi i am a 29 yr old single mum,new age girl interested in anything to do with spirital work and interested in chating with like mined guys and gals.....

mistyblue_haze

do you have any rock hunting/collecting books?

Post by mistyblue_haze » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:22 pm

hi,
i bought a really inexpensive book ( $5.99 ) at 'border's' a couple of months ago. it boasts over 800 pics. i's a great reference guide. the name if you are interested is

the complete guide to rocks and minerals

and the ISBN is 0-681-18581-3

hope this helps,
misty
In some cultures what I do would be considered normal.

BobD

Re: do you have any rock hunting/collecting books?

Post by BobD » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:34 pm

mistyblue_haze wrote:hi,
i bought a really inexpensive book ( $5.99 ) at 'border's' a couple of months ago. it boasts over 800 pics. i's a great reference guide. the name if you are interested is

the complete guide to rocks and minerals

and the ISBN is 0-681-18581-3

hope this helps,
misty
thanks for the info i'll look for one at my local bookstore

Return to “Gemology”