Hi Gem

Know the right astral gems that can make your life progressive

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

sorceress426

Hi Gem

Post by sorceress426 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:36 pm

Hi Gem,
Do you have any recommendations for creating a crystal rune set. I have several crystals, but no matching sizes...
Do you know if that would matter?

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:20 pm

Hellooooo :)

I have three kinds of crystal rune sets, the first is all one crystal with the runes engraved on one side, the crystals are all similar size and shape so they fall easily. The second is all different crystals one for each rune, and I tend to read the stone as well as the rune because these are different shapes. The other has a clay resin rune with the engraving on one side and a different small crystal embedded on the other. It doesn't fall that well, hard to get reversals etc, but it is a lovely set that is still very easy to read.

I guess it depends on what you want from the set really? The trouble with using different sizes is that they can fall differently and also if you choose from the bag then its easy to unconsciously know which rune is which by the size and weight?

Just thought, I have another set that I made really easily from beach pebbles! Easy to find the same size and shape and then paint on the runes with nail varnish ( oooh bet I will get yelled at for that comment-  sorry lol)

Think we need to get The Earl in for his comments?

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:36 pm

Hi Gem

I have had some dialog with Sorceress426 and had this to say:

I would prefer that sizes matches, but that is not a requirement, just a recommendation.  As far as different crystals, it probably makes sense to use the same crystal material (e.g. citrine, amethyst) otherwise different crystals will send different signals to the runecaster and that may mess up rune selction. If all the runes are the same crystal material, then there is no harmonic bias or preference of one over another, and they would be fine to use.

and also this about rune shapes and sizes in general:

I have read that ideally runes should be the same size and shape so you can't tell one apart from another by feel or when it is inverted (rune symbol face down).  Which helps avoid involuntary picking of one rune over another.  (If I know where Wunjo is, for example, it's easier to make it show up in a cast). Since I pick my runes with eyes shut, I can't see the difference, but the fingers can feel the difference.  Having said all that, however, I think as long as there is general similarity between the various runes (as in the case of stones), then it should be okay.  If they're all pretty rounded, than that should make it easier to not use one with a pointy end.

Hope this helps!
The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom while he sits by his hearth at home.
Quickly finds when questioned by others that he knows nothing at all.
- The Havamal, verse 26

sorceress426

Post by sorceress426 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:13 am

Thank you both, so very much.  I am going to make the set using wood that i can cut into equal sizes and maybe embed the stones.
Thanks for the ideas and help!!!

Blessings

Return to “Gemology”