What crystal or gemstones are you wearing today?

Know the right astral gems that can make your life progressive

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:34 pm

Hi Sorrow,

There is no optimal number, its up to you and what your body needs each day, from a balancing and healing point of view what you need today may not be the same tomorrow. Tigers Eye is alovely stone that is very useful for grounding and used for protection too, it balances the sacral chakra and corresponds to the stomach ad intestines and all things yelow, so a very positive stone :)

Sorrow

Post by Sorrow » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:36 pm

What other stones could compliment it good, I'm not really on to wearing a lot of stones, I would like to add like two more.

I'm getting interested in this gemology because I felt that my thoughts are more clear since i wear Tiger's eye.

So I saw you were discussing how to wash it, putting it on sunlight, moonlight,
can you explain basics of carrying gems ? Advices for beginers  :)

I ask a lot of questions  :smt003

shannonmoschides

Moonstone

Post by shannonmoschides » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:54 pm

I;m wearing a beautiful teardrop moonstone pendant, edged in silver. I love it. It has a mysterions quality to it.

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:06 pm

Sorrow wrote:What other stones could compliment it good, I'm not really on to wearing a lot of stones, I would like to add like two more.

I'm getting interested in this gemology because I felt that my thoughts are more clear since i wear Tiger's eye.

So I saw you were discussing how to wash it, putting it on sunlight, moonlight,
can you explain basics of carrying gems ? Advices for beginers  :)

I ask a lot of questions  :smt003
Sorrow, I think I will have to start a beginners course on crystals lol?

I love your avatar too, very eyecatching :)

Gem

Re: Moonstone

Post by Gem » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:07 pm

shannonmoschides wrote:I;m wearing a beautiful teardrop moonstone pendant, edged in silver. I love it. It has a mysterions quality to it.
Hi Shannon, it sounds very beautiful, I love the way moonstone changes :)

Today I am wearing, Tigers Eye and Black Onyx, so I am very grounded and calm lol

Sorrow

Post by Sorrow » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:08 pm

Thank you gem, but please answer just basic questions to me.

Delphina

Re: What crystal or gemstones are you wearing today?

Post by Delphina » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:26 am

Gem wrote:I thought it might be interesting to see what we are all wearing or carrying around with us? Ruby Earrings? A Diamond ring? A hematite bracelet or a selenite tumblestone in your pocket?

Me...?
WaHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I have nothing on!  Well not nothing :smt004  but no crystals, today is a calming and cooling day, a day off, nothing jumped out to me so I left without.

But tomorrow... who knows!
So what have you got with you?
Hi Gem:
I have a favorite quartz crystal stone that I wire wrapped into a pendant necklace.
Delphina

elizabeth46

diamonds

Post by elizabeth46 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:37 am

I hope not blood diamonds, but diamonds just the same. They feel benign, like a no-vibe stone, so I am very comfortabe with them. Other stones have personalities. I am affirming that these are not blood diamonds and that their being mined brought no harm to anyone.

Gem

Re: diamonds

Post by Gem » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:35 pm

elizabeth46 wrote:I hope not blood diamonds, but diamonds just the same. They feel benign, like a no-vibe stone, so I am very comfortabe with them. Other stones have personalities. I am affirming that these are not blood diamonds and that their being mined brought no harm to anyone.
Hi elizabeth, I am sorry but I don't know which post you are referring too? Don't think anyone has mentioned blood diamonds?

elizabeth46

blood diamonds

Post by elizabeth46 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:32 pm

Hi! I am not referring to a specific kind of diamond, but to their reputation. They are sometimes called war diamonds, dirty diamonds, conflict diamonds because of their use in trade for weapons. The conditions of the miners in Africa and the use of diamonds to fund civil wars in Africa has received a lot of attention recently.
See the reference in wikipedia here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conflict_diamond

Ruby mining in Thailand and Cambodia has a similar unfortunate history.

zastrox

Post by zastrox » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:15 am

Labradorite is by far my favorite gemstone. Natural quartz crystal comes a close second. I have a quartz pendulum that is shot through with "angel hair" that is just beautiful!

What I am trying to say is that gemstones are all beautiful in there own way.

Diamonds are at best semi-precious but because the De Beers company controls the majority of the worlds diamond stock they are precious. They only trickle out diamonds onto the open market. After all scarcity always drives up demand. It was the De Beers campaigns of the 50's and 60's that secured diamonds firmly in the hearts of women. Thanks to them diamonds are indeed a girls best friend. If you buy a diamond it costs a lot. If you try to resell it you will get half of the sale value back if you are lucky Thanks to the De Beers stranglehold on the market.

To be truthful there is much conflict in the mining of any substance even if it is only against our beloved Gaia. Take gold for instance. Johannesburg used to be one large tract of farmland before the discovery of gold there. The largest man made mountains are around Johannesburg the deepest man made hole too.

From the archives of the Taipei times:

"Across the Witwatersrand reef, the long, narrow gold field running east to west just below downtown, there are about 240 of these huge dumps, covering 270km2 of once fertile earth.
Over the decades, the dumps have been both blights and hazards, so laden with heavy metals that few plants can survive on them; so unstable that dry winter winds can bathe the city in toxic dust clouds; so perilous that children periodically vanish in slides and cave-ins."

These mountains have been disappearing for well over a decade now due to contractors who are reprocessing the ore to extract even more gold. The main flocculant (chemical that separates the gold from the ore) used is Cyanide, mainly because it is so cheap.

For more information on this article here is a link: http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/feat/ar ... 2003155063

This is not just happening in South Africa but everywhere gold is mined.

Just remember that there is a greater price to be payed with any precious material. Sad but true.

Flame haired one

Post by Flame haired one » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:16 am

Moldavite and Golden Labradorite combination.  I have found that it has helped calm me the longer I wear it.
It is the eye of ignorance that assigns a fixed and unchangeable color to every object; beware of this stumbling block.

lapis moon

What am I wearing?????

Post by lapis moon » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:16 pm

I almost always wear my lapis earings.  I am drawn to them.

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:27 pm

Hi Lapis moon, welcome to Mystic Baord :)

Love the name, one of my favourite stones too.

I just checked and  I have no crystals on lol :(  no wonder I am feeling so tired!!

How does everyone choose which to wear?

paramour

Post by paramour » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:29 am

a lapis point around my neck and blue goldstone on my ears.
~paramour.

Return to “Gemology”