Guess what this is..?

Know the right astral gems that can make your life progressive

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:23 pm

Yeah my scope is attached to my computer, i just input what i want then it  goes there, i have a lap top for it when i am out and about.  I used to have a manual one many years ago, but this one is better because i can unscrew the base and transport it about and its made of aluminium, my first one was made of wood and very heavy.

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:21 am

Mine isn't that good.  I have the crappy handheld comp device which is too cranky for my liking.  (If I had the money, I could buy the notebook interface, I already have the software). Fortunately I learned the night sky in the old pre-computerized days (like you, it sounds) so I'm comfortable just pointing that piece of mirror and aluminum in the night sky.
The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom while he sits by his hearth at home.
Quickly finds when questioned by others that he knows nothing at all.
- The Havamal, verse 26

MoonGoddess

Moon Rock

Post by MoonGoddess » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:14 am

Wow do you think you would get any feeling from it, I wander.  I heard someone describe the Moon as a giagantic piece of dead rock orbiting the earth.  Who ever said that, could not have looked upon it and felt the pulling sensations it gives me with every fibre of my being.

Well I don't have a telescope and only have a digital camera, that was the best I could do on the 3rd of March here in Australia.  Of course we didn't get the eclipse until the fourth and it was about 8 in the morning where I came from so I didn't see it.  August 28th is the next one and this time I will be able to see it as it is at night time.
May the Goddess enlighten you all, Blessed Be!

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:14 pm

Well, I don't have Suzi's cool gizmos, so I can't photograph the moon through my scope either.  Actually, even scientifically the moon has the pulling sensation, its gravitational force, and because of its proximity to the earth, gives us the tides.  (The sun can impact lunar tide cycles but the moon dominates this feature (the tides)).  Lunar eclipses during daylight hours would be tricky.  Hoping you have better weather than I had when Aug 28th comes!
- The Havamal, verse 26

Gem

Post by Gem » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:56 pm

fantastic desolation....
 it was something like this that Buzz Aldrin said when he stepped onto the moon after Neil Armstrong in Apollo 11....

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:40 pm

Gem wrote:
fantastic desolation....
 it was something like this that Buzz Aldrin said when he stepped onto the moon after Neil Armstrong in Apollo 11....
Okay, don't remember it.  Was really sleepy at the time and was far too late for a 9 y.o. when Eagle touched down.  Although I do have the landing on DVD.
- The Havamal, verse 26

Gem

Post by Gem » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:49 pm

well.....  get the dvd out then.. its that or Wikipedia?  Hmmm least for you it was on prime time tv not at some awful time in the early hours!!!

usmmjenny

Uranium?

Post by usmmjenny » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:00 am

Is this what Uranium looks like?

Return to “Gemology”