Guess what this is..?

Know the right astral gems that can make your life progressive

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:44 pm

EarlofLeicester wrote:Can I come along?  Or are you going to insist that I pay my way?  I'm a little short of a few million dollars at the time...
Suzi, for the record, the above was in response to this:
Suzi wrote:Well reading between the lines I think they may have done the right thing or both of you would ensure that there would be nothing to see when i visit next year lol!
But BobD (is that his name) snuck in a reply before I could!  I was hoping to go to the moon with you!
The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom while he sits by his hearth at home.
Quickly finds when questioned by others that he knows nothing at all.
- The Havamal, verse 26

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:53 pm

Lol!  I am going to Florida not the moon!  I meant if Gem and bob carved up the rock thats there between them i wouldn't get to see it when i visit next year!

Sheesh, i am a nurse not Bill Gates illegitimate daughter!!!!

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:58 pm

Florida, huh?  Well, Massachusetts is only about 1300 miles north of there (I think) so if you get lost around 42 degrees N latitude on the USA east coast, please do stop by for banoffee pie!
- The Havamal, verse 26

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:08 pm

see thats a bad thing to say, i really like pie!

Gem

Post by Gem » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:14 pm

Only if we have pancakes for breakfast please!

trip to the moon...... oooooh

Am I the only one fascinated with the moon and the lunar ventures?? &nbsp;Thing is... on the way home the module would be so full of lumps of rock we would have to leave someone behind... <evilgrin>

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:21 pm

No i am drawn to the moon, i have a telescope so i can look at it close up. &nbsp;When i see it through my telescope i feel the emptiness pull me, I always have a strong emotional tie there. &nbsp;Its beautiful in its emptiness.

I would strongly urge anyone who is fascinated with the moon to look at it through a telescope.

Gem

Post by Gem » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:25 pm

I can see us all now..... checked picnic table cloth laid out with pie and pancakes on a tiny gass stove ( would that work on the moon?) &nbsp;Digging for rocks and filling our pockets, telescope pointed at Earth lol.....

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:29 pm

Hmm sounds absolutely fantastic!!! &nbsp;when can we go? :smt003

Gem

Post by Gem » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:32 pm

When's the next Full Moon?

Cos then its so much bigger we shouldn't miss it and zoom off into outer space, lol

Who's navigating?

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:33 pm

Gem wrote:Only if we have pancakes for breakfast please!

trip to the moon...... oooooh

Am I the only one fascinated with the moon and the lunar ventures?? &nbsp;Thing is... on the way home the module would be so full of lumps of rock we would have to leave someone behind... <evilgrin>
Pancakes? &nbsp;Absolutely, but only if I can cook 'em. &nbsp;With my magical runic inscriptions in maple syrup, of course.

I love the moon. &nbsp;Always have. &nbsp;Always have wanted to go there, but that looks less likely. &nbsp;Left behind? &nbsp;Well, I was actually planning to visit Mars afterwards and do some rock hunting there...
- The Havamal, verse 26

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:35 pm

suzisco wrote:No i am drawn to the moon, i have a telescope so i can look at it close up. &nbsp;When i see it through my telescope i feel the emptiness pull me, I always have a strong emotional tie there. &nbsp;Its beautiful in its emptiness.

I would strongly urge anyone who is fascinated with the moon to look at it through a telescope.
A gal with a telescope? &nbsp;Why did you have to be married! &nbsp;:smt003 &nbsp;Anyway, I agree. &nbsp;My 114mm refractor renders the moon just nicely thank you. &nbsp;It is so much more alive that way than looking at a video or a picture, kind of like how a crystal is more alive than a mere picture of one.
- The Havamal, verse 26

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:37 pm

Yeah through the telescope its a proper entity, it has texture and depth to it. &nbsp;Still mysterious, but if you are feeling emotionally a bit fragile when you first see it, the emptyness can really hurt your mind.

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:50 pm

Yes, even without the telescope, the moon is a beautiful rock in space, so to speak. &nbsp;While the planets show some rockiness (well, Mars does, the others being shrouded in thick atmospheres or too close or far from the sun to resolve as rocky spheres), the Moon is magnificent just as she is, blessing us with her visage (except during full moon of course).
- The Havamal, verse 26

Gem

Post by Gem » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:51 pm

Its funny, when I look through mine, I don't see emptiness, Mind you it takes me ages to actually get the darn thing pointed at the Moon lol, but when I do, like the other night of the eclipse! I don't see it as lonely, I do see it as old and perhaps dusty. &nbsp;Its only when I watch the moon landings that it seems cold and empty, unwelcoming and bleak ... what is it he said fantastic desolation?

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:51 pm

Gotta love a gal with a scope. &nbsp;I have one of those scopes with the hand held computerized mounts but I prefer to do it the old fashioned way (point, adjust, curse, and point again...) &nbsp;I don't know any quote about fantastic desolation, well, not that I remember. &nbsp;Yes, the video of the man is more lifeless than seeing it with your own eyes. &nbsp;Old and dusty? &nbsp;Perhaps. &nbsp;Beautiful to my eye.
- The Havamal, verse 26

Return to “Gemology”