Lucky Stones for Birthsigns

Know the right astral gems that can make your life progressive

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Gem

Lucky Stones for Birthsigns

Post by Gem » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:30 pm

There is great debate over which stones are lucky for which birthsign so I thought I would post a few versions here and see what we all think from our experiences?

January         Garnet
February       Amethyst
March           Bloodstone, Aquamarine, Jasper
April             Diamond, Sapphire
May              Emerald, Agate
June             Pearl, Moonstone, Emerald
July              Ruby, Onyx
August          Peridot, Carnelian
September    Sapphire
October         Opal, Tourmaline, Aquamarine
November      Topaz
December      Turquoise, Lapis Lazuli, Ruby

Aries        Diamond, Bloodstone, Aquamarine, Emerald
Taurus      Emerald, Diamond
Gemini      Pearl, Moonstone, Agate, Emerald
Cancer     Ruby, Emerald,
Leo           Ruby, Peridot, Turquoise
Virgo         Opal, Tourmaline, Peridot
Libra         Opal Tourmaline, Sapphire, Topaz
Scorpio      Topaz, Opal, Aquamarine
Sagittarius   Turquoise, Garnet, Topaz
Capricorn    Garnet, Turquoise
Aquarius      Amethyst, Garnet, Ruby, Diamond, Jade
Pisces         Aquamarine, Bloodstone, Amethyst, Jasper

winged

Lucky gems for November Scorpio

Post by winged » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:26 am

I have seen Topaz listed by most as the gemstone for Scorpio and November, there are some that have other stones listed but I think I will stick with the Topaz.   I do have a questions as to if it matters what color topaz?

Winged
Flow on the Wings of the Goddess

Draco32

Post by Draco32 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:54 am

Wow, I'm surprised to see Opal listed as a gemstone for Virgo. I always knew that Peridot was a gemstone for Virgo, but this is my first time ever seeing Opal as a Virgo gemstone. I happen to LOVE Opals, and I also happen to be a Virgo, so it's nice to see Opal as a Virgo gemstone.

I think I remember reading somewhere that Brown Sardonyx is also a Virgo gemstone.

naturalmystic

Post by naturalmystic » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:08 pm

My birthday is in march and I am a Pisces. I have always been drawn to aquamarine and amethyst. I do not own a bloodstone YET, but the colors really attract me to it.
I read the bloodstone is a very magickal stone and it helps one become more knowledgable in the ways of the world.
NaturalMystic♥Meg

sharonlee

Post by sharonlee » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:43 am

On topaz:

At one point, when topaz was spoken of, it was typically a golden/yellow colour. Now, with the predominance of the blue topazes (not to mention the "designer" coated Mystic Topaz), finding a yellow topaz is uncommon. I have seen lists that substitute citrine for topaz, for both October and Scorpio. Also, the blue topaz is a very popular stone for December.
All reality is perceived; do with it what you will.

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:56 am

I am not surprised they sometimes substitute topaz for citrine, which is a sort of toasted quartz, the first is so much more expensive!

I am not sure what blue topaz is really composed of, but the imperial topaz has always been golden and has a striated body, very different from citrine. Though I love both, they are completely different stones.
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

Gem

Post by Gem » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:27 pm

Blue topaz is usually heat treated yellow topaz, much like Citrine is heat treated Amethyst, although you can get both naturally too heat treated by mother Earth and her magma and volcanoes :)

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:34 pm

Thank you, Gem!  :)

I knew about citrine, but not about topaz. I have a golden topaz which I take good care of, but my little polished citrines I can carry with me like candies in my pockets without fearing about losing them, since they are so much cheaper.

I read in your first sticky here that topaz is good for my star sign and my birth month. Also turquoise and some other I cannot now recall (and I have also read it in some books), but I do not feel very attracted to those stones, even though I have them.

I feel better surrounded by the quartz family: what is this good for? Am I seeking a special virtue within the quartz? Of them, citrine is my favorite, though by my bed I have a big pink quartz and some amethyst.  :)

Bandit81101

Post by Bandit81101 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:01 pm

It said for aries that diamond is one.  I am an aries, and I personally dislike the diamond.  It kind of repulses me.  I would wonder who came up with what stones are lucky for what months/signs, and why.  If everyone is so different, why not things like that!?
Fairytales don't tell children that dragons exist, they already know that dragons exist.  Fairytales tell them that dragons can be defeated.

sweet77

Post by sweet77 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:54 pm

thanks for the information. but can you put pictures and images for these gems to know them better. because i have many gems but i don't know the name of every one. thank you.

Molissa

Post by Molissa » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:30 am

I've seen Alexandrite for June birthdays.
Why is that one seldom listed?
just curious

500 SMILES

Lucky Stones

Post by 500 SMILES » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:06 pm

I am a sagittarius and am attracted to different stones, many of which are lucky for other birth signs.  Not sure if birth signs have anything to do with the energy of the stone you're drawn to!
SMILES

Naravyn

Post by Naravyn » Wed May 28, 2008 4:07 pm

i've always seen Opal for October. i personally wear a lab created opal that my boyfriend got me for christmas, it is heart shaped and has alot of "fire" which means its hot of color variation, it is very blue. it is set in sterling silver. i absolutely love it. i am also attracted highly to brown tiger's eye, hematite, amethyst, and want my engagement ring to either be a blue sapphire with a diamond on either side, or a diamond with a sapphire on either side

Lunasa_Leo

What do you do when you hate your gemstone?

Post by Lunasa_Leo » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:03 am

I am a Leo and my birthstone is peridot, yet I hate, hate, hate that stone.  I am not overly fond of Carnelian, either, though this site is the first time I have seen that particular stone listed for August.  I am more drawn to sapphires and amethysts.  Is it like a bad omen to despise your own birthstone?

MaggieRose

Post by MaggieRose » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:57 pm

I love it!  I'm a Virgo and I love opals!   I always have and I have several.  I've always heard if you were not born in October that it was bad luck to wear them but I have anyway because they're beautiful!

I'm so glad to hear they ae OK for me to wear.

Return to “Gemology”