Gems and Chakras

Know the right astral gems that can make your life progressive

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

MoonGoddess

Gems and Chakras

Post by MoonGoddess » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:43 am

I was just looking through one of my books on Runes by David V. Barrett.  In there it has a section of Gems associated with Runes.  Some of them I wouldn't agree with, but I don't know much.  My question to Gem is what crystals would you use for each seven chakras and why.  On my blog I have written something about Runes and Chakras (Chakras Runes)and think it would be useful to have the oppinion of what crystal go with what to help with perspective.

http://mysticboard.org/we ... .php?e=617

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:17 pm

Hi MoonGoddess :)

Crystals and chakras hmmm.

I read your lovely rune chakra piece and meant to reply there. I will reread and do so.

Working as a crystal healer I usually use 10 chakras not just the main 7. So I will tell you about all ten and what I feel. Like you say, this isn't written in stone, there are many more stones that can be used for each chakra and some are more popular than others, some easier to get hold of, or safer. This is simply a starting point. Going by the colours is a great way of doing a chakra workout, using all the same crystal, for instance calcite or aventurine is almost guranteed to give a really gentle and harmonious balance.

Soul Star  - sometimes called Higher Crown - above the head - Clear Quartz, Lemurian Seed Crystals, clear stones

Crown   - top of the head   - Amethyst, Kyanite, Mystic Flourite, Charoite -  Violet - White

Third Eye - brow - between eyes - Sodalite, Lapiz Lazuli,  - Indigo

Throat -  adams apple, throat area - Blue Lace Agate, Dumortierite, Turquoise - Blue

Higher Heart - above heart - Rose Quartz - Rhodochrosite - Pink

Heart - Heart area - Green Aventurine - Malachite - Amazonite - Green Flourite - Green

Solar Plexus  - middle of breastbone - Citrine - Yellow topaz, Sunstone, Tigers Eye - Yellow

Sacral  - beneath belly button - Carnelian, Agate, Sardonyx - Orange

Root - Base -  base of spine - Red Jasper, Hematite, Onyx - Red through to  earthy brown then black

Soul - Earth - Under the feet - Hematite, Black Obsidian, Boji Stones - Browny earthy and black

If doing any chakra work always start adding from the bottom so the energy builds from the base upwards and then when finished, removing from the top so that the energy then grounds back down at the end.
Last edited by Gem on Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

MoonGoddess

Thanks

Post by MoonGoddess » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:17 am

That is great it confirms some of the crystals I thought associated with different chakras, but wasn't sure as it has been a while.

When I am cleansing my chakras I do it in the shower and start from head to toes and imagine the colours bleeding away with the water and down the drain.  I feel refreshed afterwards and after I am out of the shower I protect myself and say positive affirmations.  I should do it more often but my brain isn't really switched on in the morning and these days it is a "Got to get this shower over and done with so I can chase after my gorgeous little man...lol
May the Goddess enlighten you all, Blessed Be!

LillCrystalDragon

Post by LillCrystalDragon » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:59 am

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO mooongodess u questioned my question i was trying to figure out how to ask this same question but was trying to research on this as wellll! i was searching on what gem stones are the popular ones..  but i too have been reading up ont here properties..  then i take  5 properties and write them in the pie graph ..  omgosh   i cant wait till al this is compelet so i can take this dangin picture already lol....  its jsut now laying of the words  to figure which properties of the gem stones i wanna use..  
!! lol  as im limmiting my choice down to 2  crystals  per pie graph on the crystal board  and taking 5 prperties of one gem stone.. im making  i finally figured out what  to use for the colors btw!!!

kids craft paper!!  for pie graph then write on it.. then i laminate it  yayyyyyyyyyyyy... almost done!  well that is in my mind still for putting it alotegther.....  thanks  Ladies!!  you helped alot
Brightest Blessings
with
Dragon's love and light

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:13 pm

If you are gonna limit yourself to just 2 crystals, I would go for the most commonly used ones, that are usually easiest to get and the cheapest too. Get hold of some pieces and sit with them and med, see what you get. Each type of crystal is unique, and each individual piece of amethyst, citrine, aventurine etc is also unique and will vary from every single other piece.  So one particular stone's properties may be stronger in one piece than in another  of the same kind  :)

Return to “Gemology”