Gems and mental health

Know the right astral gems that can make your life progressive

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

erratiqirl83

Gems and mental health

Post by erratiqirl83 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:11 pm

Hi,
I don't know much if anything about gems, but I have contemplated getting one to help with several mental problems that bother me in life. Because I don't want to use chemicals to balance my so called imbalances anymore, I have used antidepressants in the past but can't honestly say if they really did anything for me.

And when I look at all the gems at the store I never know which one would be right for me and I don't want to lay out my personal problems to the person in the store because I don't know them. Not that I really know anyone here, but it is more anonimous as you can see (well you cannot see me, that is probably it)  :smt002

So I suffer from depression, lack of confidence, I was always a shy girl and confidence is something I never seem to have collected much of but with my depression and isolating from social life, or any life, failing to find the right course in study and no jobs and not knowing in general where I want to go in life, therefore not going or doing much at all, other than trying to find out how I can find out what I want in live.

I also have problems with eating, sometimes I don't eat at all, which always costs me great effort but I feel very good when I can manage to loose a lot of weight quickly and just feel so in control when I am not eating. The other end is when I am constantly wanting to eat and when I start I do no stop, which is wht I am going through now. I feel very much out of control when this happens and it has gotten so bad this time that I am even getting in debt because I spend so much money on food and when I buy the food I do not control my spending either, I just buy whatever I want, not looking at prices or considering my account balance. Usually at night after I have eaten the greatest amount possible I tell myself this was absolutely the very last time, but the next day, as soon as I get up I want to go down to the supermarket again.

I have very little distractions because I don't go out and don't want to go out and all the things I could do around the house are not distracting enough either.

This is a lot of information perhaps for the simple question if there is a gemstone which could help me deal with my emotions and prevent me from burrying them under a massive amount of food, because I believe that by binging I avoid feeling the loneliness, the helplessness, the desperation, the sadness, everything painfull.

Perhaps somebody knows other means, natural means, that could help. Apart from meditation perhaps, because I don't believe I am capable of relaxing enough. Besides, when I relax the pain surfaces and then I run for the food again, I am not strong enough right now, to fight this urge alone.

Can somebody please help me.

Gem

Re: Gems and mental health

Post by Gem » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:51 pm

Hi
erratiqirl83 wrote:Hi,
I don't know much if anything about gems, but I have contemplated getting one to help with several mental problems that bother me in life. Because I don't want to use chemicals to balance my so called imbalances anymore, I have used antidepressants in the past but can't honestly say if they really did anything for me.
Crystals and gemstones are a very gentle therapy, they work on the subtle levels and can give a boost where neeeded, they can calm and soothe and energise and uplift depending on their properties.

And when I look at all the gems at the store I never know which one would be right for me and I don't want to lay out my personal problems to the person in the store because I don't know them. Not that I really know anyone here, but it is more anonimous as you can see (well you cannot see me, that is probably it)  :smt002

I understand that, what kind of store do you mean? Are you looking at a jewellers with lots of gold rings and rubies and gemstones or a crystal shop that has lots of different stones and raw peices and jewellery? Some people call them 'new-age' stores and those are the kind that will be able to help you. Many jewellers wouldn't know the properties of one healing stone over another and might think you rather mad if you asked lol.

So I suffer from depression, lack of confidence, I was always a shy girl and confidence is something I never seem to have collected much of but with my depression and isolating from social life, or any life, failing to find the right course in study and no jobs and not knowing in general where I want to go in life, therefore not going or doing much at all, other than trying to find out how I can find out what I want in live.
Sodalite, Tigers eye, Snowflake obsidian, Amazonite, Lapis Lazuli, the list is endless...
I also have problems with eating, sometimes I don't eat at all, which always costs me great effort but I feel very good when I can manage to loose a lot of weight quickly and just feel so in control when I am not eating. The other end is when I am constantly wanting to eat and when I start I do no stop, which is wht I am going through now. I feel very much out of control when this happens and it has gotten so bad this time that I am even getting in debt because I spend so much money on food and when I buy the food I do not control my spending either, I just buy whatever I want, not looking at prices or considering my account balance. Usually at night after I have eaten the greatest amount possible I tell myself this was absolutely the very last time, but the next day, as soon as I get up I want to go down to the supermarket again.
Flourite Apatite, Rhodochrosite,
I have very little distractions because I don't go out and don't want to go out and all the things I could do around the house are not distracting enough either.
Turquoise, Hematite, Rose Quartz

This is a lot of information perhaps for the simple question if there is a gemstone which could help me deal with my emotions and prevent me from burrying them under a massive amount of food, because I believe that by binging I avoid feeling the loneliness, the helplessness, the desperation, the sadness, everything painfull.

Perhaps somebody knows other means, natural means, that could help. Apart from meditation perhaps, because I don't believe I am capable of relaxing enough. Besides, when I relax the pain surfaces and then I run for the food again, I am not strong enough right now, to fight this urge alone.

Can somebody please help me.
You are strong enough... you really are! What you need is help and most probably in a physical one to one face to face way with someone that you trust. I understand that the internet is anonmouse and so its easier to let down barriers and ask for advice and help which in person you might never do.

Thing is as you can see I have suggested many different stones, and any or all might help you, but, its up to you, I can only go on what I see and feel and what you say and give out, its really up to you to decide which stones will help. I would heartily recommend crystal healing though over gemstone, for one, its far cheaper and you can get some many more vibrations from many crystals than from any one astro-gem, that may be the wrong one. It sounds like you need different levels of help and healing not just one gem to help balance you.

Next time you go to a shop try and see which catches your eye, which crystals you want to pick up? and go from there... Look forward to your answers then perhaps we can help more?

jstrasi

Post by jstrasi » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:36 pm

What Gem says is true, you can't just take one stone and expect all problems to go away, for starters, you might consider an Amythest (a purple colored stone), which isnt expensive and can purchased very cheap.

But I think the best way to fight depression or any other problems, is identifying the root, which is generally accomplished very well when one has a heart to heart talk with someone without inhibitions...

Have you considered going into the countryside, or the woods and when you find yourself alone - just shout/scream at the top of your voice .. I have found it to be a good way to release a lot of hidden emotions/feelings and de-stress myself. Can't promise it'll work for you, as we might be facing different problems.

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:49 pm

Hi Jstrasi
Have you considered going into the countryside, or the woods and when you find yourself alone - just shout/scream at the top of your voice .. I have found it to be a good way to release a lot of hidden emotions/feelings and de-stress myself. Can't promise it'll work for you, as we might be facing different problems.
 You know its actually quite hard to scream and shout like that for the first time... I hesitated and prepared myself and then did a countdown then missed it started again lol and ages later tried again..

Now I've got the hang of it lol   WAH!!!

flight _of_angelwings

Post by flight _of_angelwings » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:14 am

Wow Gem I just looked at your age under you sig pic. Now I know why your so wise and knowledgable your almost one hundered!!!....haha...your doing really well for almost hitting a century of life?

Hmmmmmm.............(Wondering to herself are you really that old??????   Is it a computer generated error???????? Do you just feel 99 years old?????????)    Hmmmmmm hope I'm that smart when I'm 99!!!...hehe

erratiqirl83

Post by erratiqirl83 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:47 pm

Thank you for the wise answers.
I like the idea of going for what 'feels' right, that way I don't have to ask :p
And I think I will purchase an amethist at least, if I can't quite get a feel.

And shouting. well, I've heard that before, I even did that in therapy once, but not alone, it's easier to shout together, that way its not like all eyes on you, when I practiced karate we had to shout too, I could do that just fine without feeling held back, but going out into the countryside and screaming all by myself, well, I'd still worry that someone might hear and see even if there was noone around.

Painting sometimes works for me, but lately I havent been able to pick up a brush just like everything else is hard lately.

I have talked to many people, but there are very few I really trust, as a matter of fact I trust no one, not even myself. There are not many people in my life and the few people I know, like my sisters, I don't want to burden them with my troubles because when I have they tell me they don't know what to do and they feel worried and it hurts them too to see and hear my troubles, they want to help but don't know how.  I just broke up with my bf and although I trusted him enough to tell him most everything he could listen but he could not respond either. Which is what I often collide with, many people can listen and they will give advice when I ask for it, but it is never anything I don't already know. I don't know what it is I need, because when I go to a therapist they listen, but I feel as if they don't care, after all I am just another client, I can't expect them to really really listen and care because if they cared too much it would hurt them, because they hear and see so many troubled people.

I feel too demanding to want someone to really care, just for me, to drop everything they are doing and devote their time to making my life worth living again. And everybody is busy, I have realised that therapists often have more work than they can handle, they have good hearts and want to help a lot of people but they are only human and I feel as if they do not really have the time, they are not really strong enough to help me, because they are working to hard. You know what I mean.

This month I have to hold of buying anything because I am broke, but next month I hope I can collect the courage and whatever I need to go to the store again. These days I dont leave the house much and the colder it gets the less I want to. Sure spring has started, but I can't feel it when it's freezing outside, anything below 20 degrees celcius is freezin in my book though, so that's pretty much all the time, I'm not meant for this country, which is why I hope to feel strong enough soon enough to move far south from here.

I am looking forward to your response Gem, I agree with flight of angelwings that you are very very wise.

Jasz

Return to “Gemology”