How does one find gems?

Know the right astral gems that can make your life progressive

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

LibB

How does one find gems?

Post by LibB » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:18 pm

Hi Gem and everyone, could you let me know how to find gems and crystals Please. I'm not sure what to look for and would like to know if one needs a hammer or any other tools. How do people know where to look and when I see a huge crystal cave of Amethyst for example cut in two where do they come from. Not the country but from the earth? Are they sticking up out of the ground or in caves. I'm hoping you would love to help me learn so I can find some heavenly crystal's/gem's of my own. I'd like to become a proud crystal owner from scratch. Thanks for any help
I'm asking for Victoria, Australia info or general info of what to look for and how.
Love and light to you
Libby

Gem

Post by Gem » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:06 pm

I'm not telling lol :smt003

Nah really, your question is so huge! Where to begin... try doing a geological search on your area and then broaden it, visit beaches and rivers and caves (always with safety in mind) anywhere that rock is exposed.

Try this site as a start...   http://www.australianminesatlas.gov.au/TOC.jsp

http://www.australianminesatlas.gov.au/ ... s/opal.jsp

That might give you clues on where to go as a start.

LibB

Post by LibB » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:45 am

Thanks Gem!!! I'll look into it.

paramour

Post by paramour » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:16 am

i have a feeling most of the real beauties are mined. i have found some outstanding stones - a petoski and a carnelian and some crystals - on the freshwater shores of Lake Michigan. the local rock hound shop is the easiest, however. 8D
~paramour.

CaroJ11

Post by CaroJ11 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:26 am

Libby, the best thing to do is join a local rockhounding club.  It's not really possible here to explain all about how to best equip yourself, and where to hunt in Australia.

Return to “Gemology”