Where to wear gemstones

Know the right astral gems that can make your life progressive

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

STARMON

Where to wear gemstones

Post by STARMON » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:54 pm

This is a question, which is very often asked by people and is even debated between astrologers. Some of the astrologers are of the opinion that the gemstones should be worn on fingers in rings, whereas some prescribe them in the form of lockets and amulets.
The argument in favour of lockets is that the gems are away from public gaze and they do not undergo wear and tear. Thus, the properties of the gem remain intact. Also the gem does not come in contact with filth as no one touches it. Another argument is that if a native uses locket, then he experiences a Ratna Snan whenever he takes bath. It is said that this is very auspicious. Moreover, if combination of gems is used then it is very easy to make a locket and wear them.

paramour

Post by paramour » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:21 am

i read an interesting book by Edward Cayce about the channeled info from spirit guides about the best gems and where on the body to wear them. chakras come into play regularly and i would think that matching gemstone colours with chakra colour is a good start. laps, for instance, should be worn anywhere between the heart chakra and the third eye. moonstone on the finger, etc. also, astrological correspondence between the areas of the body and the gemstones that correspond is another place to start. just a thought.
~paramour.

bodine47

gemstones

Post by bodine47 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:41 pm

am into making jewelry as one of my hobbies. would love more info on different gems for different aspects of our lives. would like to make my jewelry more important to me than just decoration. any suggestions for info regarding this matter? thanks for any help.
bodine47

Gem

Re: gemstones

Post by Gem » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:01 pm

bodine47 wrote:am into making jewelry as one of my hobbies. would love more info on different gems for different aspects of our lives. would like to make my jewelry more important to me than just decoration. any suggestions for info regarding this matter? thanks for any help.
Hi,

I would suggest a course on crystal healing, that way you will understand why when some stones are put together in a piece of jewellery it can be virtually unwearable for any length of time without problems, and also how others will make you feel much better and never want to take the jewellery off :)

saurabhthapar86

Fingers are more effective

Post by saurabhthapar86 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:33 am

Wearing the gems in fingers is more effective as each finger is related to a particular planet and the gemstone of that planet should be worn in that finger only also when gems are worn on fingers they touch the body all the time.
SAURABH THAPAR

avaiyak

Yeah

Post by avaiyak » Fri May 02, 2008 11:57 am

I like to carry my stones in my bra.  Simply because I can hold alot of them and they are kept away from others energy.  You can always clean your stones from any energy so that you can keep them having only your energy or its very energy that it was born with:  

Fire, set them in the sun
water, set them in a stream
earth, burry them in the ground
air, set them in a spot where wind is blowing on them

Do all of these to your stones and they will be clean and ready to hold your energy!~
Vera Jean Cooper

kandhan.t

Post by kandhan.t » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:26 am

my two cents:

Every finger is associated with on of the pancha bhutas (five elements) and corresponding planet:

fire     - thumb  -  venus   -  diamond
air       -  index   -  jupiter   -  yellow sapphire
ether   -  middle  -  saturn   -  blue sapphire
earth   -  ring     -  sun   -  ruby
water   -   small   -  mercury, moon  - emearald, pearl

Some nadis(energy channels) in ring finger is connected to heart. Hence it is most preferred location to wear most rings.  Although mars is a fiery planet, its ring is worn on ring finger.   And of course one does not want  wear a ring for venus(diamond) in thumb.  

Secondly, there is a theory that men should wear gemstone rings in right hand to increase  power of the corresponding planet and on left hand to balance its powers.  For women its left hand to increase and right to  balance.  So one has to naturally make sure if the planet is benefic/malefic etc.

Thirdly, I heard that  some tantric literature prescribe a single locket for all nine planets with ruby in the centre and the rest eight gems surrounding it in specific directions.  All the gemstone have to be flawless for this.

All this is from vedic astrology point of view.

Return to “Gemology”