Gems for beginners?

Know the right astral gems that can make your life progressive

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

cassienyc

Gems for beginners?

Post by cassienyc » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:49 pm

Can someone please tell me how to get started with gems?  For example, are there websites or books I ought to read?  Where should I get gems?  How should they be used?  I would be grateful for anyone who can point me in the right direction.

Gem

Re: Gems for beginners?

Post by Gem » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:07 pm

cassienyc wrote:Can someone please tell me how to get started with gems?  For example, are there websites or books I ought to read?  Where should I get gems?  How should they be used?  I would be grateful for anyone who can point me in the right direction.
Gems used for astro/vedic-gemology are usually bought from a jeweller, most are already set in a piece of jewellery and so they can be rather expensive.

If you meant crystals, you might like to ask in the Crystal Healing section. Crystals price range starts from a few pence each for a small tumblestone.

cassienyc

Post by cassienyc » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:45 pm

thanks for your quick reply.  i was asking about gems rather than crystals (for now).  i guess my point of confusion is that it almost seems to easy from what i've learned so far:  buy gemstones from a jeweler, wear them, and reap the benefits?  i'm pretty sure i'm missing something here.  if you could and if you have time, could you point me in a direction?  much thanks in advance!

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:58 pm

Well... one could say that crystals are even easier to use and get hold of, and work much better without the fear and stigma of getting the wrong gems or incurring the wrath from imperfect gems?

Kerensa

Post by Kerensa » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:57 pm

Hi
If you are looking for something to enhanse your life, physicaly, mentaly, emotionaly and spiritualy you could get a set of chakra stones ( garnet, carnelian, citrine, green aventurine, turquoise, lapis, amethyst and a clear quartz ).
Alternively if you prefere gemstones, a rainbow of saphires can easily be obtained in most jewellery outlets.
Diamonds hold all colour rays and is said to be the highest vibrational energy of all gems.
good luck
love and light
Kerensa

richardredhawk

Gems, colors and the hand

Post by richardredhawk » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:48 am

Back in the 90's I wrote a book on the evolving chakra system and one of the sections was on the hand and its relation with color and gems.
Here is a short on what I put in the section.

Now the color listed can relate to stones and minerals

The Left hand is first as it is the incoming energy.
Thumb is White and related to the 19th chakra
Index is  Red and related to the 1st chakra
Middle is Orange and is related to the 1st thru 4th chakra
Ring is yellow and is related to the 5th chakra
Little is green and is related to the 6th chakra
The palm is Aqua and is related to the 10th chakra
The heal of the hand is Black and is related to absorbing The negative energies.

The Right hand is your projection side
Thumb is Gold and is related to the 17th chakra
Index is silver and is related to the 7th chakra
Middle is Purple and is related to ENERGY
Ring is Indigo and is related to the 9th chakra
The Palm is violet and related to the 15th chakra
The Heal is White to Gold and is related to the 19 chakra.

Now the colors that are associated with each of the parts of the hand can be used in healing techniques as well

I know you are not familiar with the new chakra system that I wrote but some of the basics as to color and the color of the stone is always easy to get the information.
You can always get the gemstones at any local psychic fair or from any number of sellers online.

I hope this helps.
Richard RedHawk

PixieGrrl

Quartz

Post by PixieGrrl » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:29 am

It is prohably one of the easiest stones for beginners to use. Clear quartz points are can be extreamly powerful, used for many applications and easily cleaned and recharged. the points on them have diffrent meanings and uses, but when you are just starting to work with them, it is more important to find one that you are connected to

cassienyc

Post by cassienyc » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:14 pm

thanks to everyone for their advice so far.  i certainly have some more research to do.  however, all of your comments certainly open my eyes to the energies of things that i have previously thought served only "decorative" purposes.

angel2007

Post by angel2007 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:52 am

A new weekly booklet with a different crystal is now available
every fortnight in newsagents in Sydney Australia, I
just purchased the first one which had a rose quartz crystal
and a booklet with information which was quite inpressive.

angel2007

saurabhthapar86

Some good material to read

Post by saurabhthapar86 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:07 am

In order to start with gems you can read the book..Healing Power of gems and stones by V.Rajsushila..It is a good book for beginners and would help you understand the gem powers but do not wear any gem with the methods prescribed in the book as that sholud only be done after consulting to a qualified gemologist.
Take Care.
SAURABH THAPAR

Return to “Gemology”