imperfect gems

Know the right astral gems that can make your life progressive

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

cassienyc

imperfect gems

Post by cassienyc » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:37 pm

in my preliminary research on gems, it seems like imperfect gems can actually cause harm (or at least, not be beneficial).  i immediately thought about some jewelry that i have (specifically some amethyst, since that is my birth stone) that is imperfect - the stones have either become cloudy over time or unbalanced in color.  obviously, i won't be wearing these, but i wonder:  what should i do with them?  is there a way to properly "dispose" of imperfect gems?

Gem

Post by Gem » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:43 am

If you really believe they are imperfect then the best thing you can do is to give them away. Personally I do not see any gem or crystal, rock or stone as imperfect. We are all imperfect. That some people believes that a gem has to be perfect to work is beyond me, its absoloute superstitious rubbish designed to make you pay more.

cassienyc

Post by cassienyc » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:01 pm

okay, can you clarify something for me please?  on this thread, http://mysticboard.org/vi ... 81&start=0, you stated something about "incurring the wrath of imperfect gems".  if no gem is imperfect, what did you mean by this?  *confused*

richardredhawk

Imperfect

Post by richardredhawk » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:48 pm

Gem is right there is no such thing as imperfect. They are just as individual as we humans so if this is imperfect then everything that is created is imperfect.
If you go to a jewelry store they will sell you gemstones based on clarity for instance  a diamond is rated in how clear it is and then the color and then the shape and so. A stone rated SI (Slight Inclusion )is not as good as IF (Inclusion free) which is the one everyone wants. To me the inclusions are the personality of the stone. Gemstones, crystal, trees, herbs, fish, birds are all individuals each has their own unique personality and as my people do , we call each of these people as well they are just dressed different than us two-legged beings(that's human). So if you do not want to use them then give them to someone as Gem stated.
Now for the other thread I believe Gem was stateing that using the wrong stone for something is how he was refering to the imperfect stone, but this is my opinion he will have to clarify it in his words.
I hope this helps you.
Richard RedHawk

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:51 pm

cassienyc wrote:okay, can you clarify something for me please?  on this thread, http://mysticboard.org/vi ... 81&start=0, you stated something about "incurring the wrath of imperfect gems".  if no gem is imperfect, what did you mean by this?  *confused*
I was being sarcastic lol. I don't believe in the wrath but many do seem to have a very strong belief in what they are told about 'imperfect gems'.

But thats the view from a geologist and crystal healer rather than a religious gemologist.

cassienyc

Post by cassienyc » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:30 pm

whoops.  okay, my bad.  guess i simply need to do more research.  thanks for answering all of my questions!

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:42 pm

No problems, even after nearly 50 years I am still learning more every day :)

saurabhthapar86

Perfect Gems are Eye clean Gems

Post by saurabhthapar86 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:11 am

Gems that are eye clean can be considered good and auspicious and one should only wear eye clean gems.By eye clean i mean that gem shold be free of cracks,impurities and should hav brilliance and lusture.Gems that are crystalls such as ruby,sapphire,emerald,etc should be transparent.opaque gems should not be worn.
SAURABH THAPAR

Lianne

Post by Lianne » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:44 pm

Jyotish gemology definitely concerns itself with the condition of gems - they must not be included, they must not be treated, there's usually a carat minimum...but if you're talking about crystal healing, then a stone doesn't have to be perfect - if it feels right to you, then it will help. As for disposing of them, I would probably just bury them in the ground - give them back to the earth.

zircon

Imperfect gems

Post by zircon » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:54 am

I'm a couple of months behind with a posting in this thread but members interested in gems/gemstones etc should always be wary of the semi-precious ones that might have been colour enhanced and which will invariably fade over time. If colour is a factor in gemstone healing etc, it should be a natural/original colour, not an artificially induced one, as that would undo the effect the natural gemstone is supposed to impart.
I always distinguish between gems and gemstones by their cost....gems are really expensive (diamonds, emeralds, rubies etc) and gemstones are affordable (amethyst, jasper, bloodstone, citrine, rose quartz etc).
Imperfect gemstones I often see are those "amethyst" which are chemically dyed clear quartz, and although ametheyst is in the quartz family, its natural colour is formed by natural chemical infusions over millions of years. Also, the dark yellow "citrine" is most likely to be amethyst heated to about 400 degrees, not the pale yellow ones used in quality jewellery.  
When Cassienyc expressed concern over her Amethyst fading, it may have been due to her stone being artificially coloured.
Other examples are when milky Chalcedony is dyed various colours and sold as green or blue agate, and particularly, Aventurine when its dyed an emerald green.
So yes, there are many imperfect gemstones, but when it comes to imperfect gems, that's for the experts to determine, but each imperfection in those stones are also their signature for identification in the event they're stolen - most valuable diamonds and emerals are identified by their imperfections.
I love all gemstones and have trouble with the ones designated for specific days of the weeks, months of the year, astrological signs etc....why can't we just have the ones we love, not the ones someone says we should have?

Zircon
Zircon

drachespucke

Imperfect Jems

Post by drachespucke » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:27 am

Who makes all this stuff up?

Sorry, just a joke I have going to pick up chicks at Psychic Fairs.

I have had a stone business since 1992. I've participated in countless gem shows, craft fairs, psychic fairs, flea markets and on and on. I've probably handled tons of rocks and aside from dropping them on a toe not a one has ever hurt me.  Imperfections in stones make them less desirable for jewelry especially if the are cracked.  Many can be as sharp as a razor from a fresh crack opened up.
I hate dyed stones, but unless you find them in the ground yourself your at the vendors mercy. The color often washes out on tumbled stones. Fading can be a part of a natural process especially with amethyst and rose quartz. As far as imperfect stones go there is no such thing as a useless rock. The more expensive ones I have that are "imperfect" find themselves as smaller rocks, decorations in the gardens or our labyrinth, part of a landscape on a slab etc.  It's all much easier to do when you have your own lapidary equipment.
Not everyone believes in the power of stones. Those that do often manifest their own problems, don't blam it on the rock.

Ciao

grandduke

Post by grandduke » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:31 pm

Wow drachespucke
does that mean that vendors can sell us fake crystals. Is there a way to tell if a crystal is the real one or just man made?

Return to “Gemology”