Jyotish Quality Gems

Know the right astral gems that can make your life progressive

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

unanth

Jyotish Quality Gems

Post by unanth » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:14 am

Hi Everyone,

I would like you all to throw much light on what qualifies as a Jyotish Quality Gem as these gems are worn for astrological purposes and not ornamental pusposes...

Here is what I think about it...

The Gem should be of natural origin i.e formed in rocks etc and incase of pearl, it should be from natural oysters(Basra Pearl) and not cultured ones and incase of coral formed in the sea by plants(Corals)
      It should not be heat treated to enhance or change its colour as this robs the gem of its astral powers
      The clarity of the gem is not very important as clarity is acheived by gem cutting and is meant to increase the commercial value of the gem both in termsof price and beauty. Medium clarity is very much acceptable
       Inclusions they say are the indications of the gem's natural origin but many of them consider that they are detrimental to the effects of the gem. Exception is Blue Sapphire(if this gem has inclusions, its even better)
       Gems with cracks in them should be totally avoided

I feel that may of the natives are very often confused when buying a gemstone as the jewellers lure them to buy at very expensive prices. They are often told this a gem is very good and GOOD is the only word they get and finally end up with light or empty wallets without knowing what and why they are buying.
Although there are many Gem Certifications available, they only tell the facts about the given sample and not what SHOULD be the facts..

I think a Jyotish Gem should serve its exact purpose..

Please contribute to this topic to make it a guide for people who are in search of a TRUE JYOTISH GEM...

:smt006

Return to “Gemology”