Question Regarding Yellow Saphire

Know the right astral gems that can make your life progressive

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

vandank

Post by vandank » Wed May 28, 2008 7:07 am

Hello

I have been advised to wear a yellow saphire, i have trieg searching for one and found the price of it varies to a great degree.

can anyone suggest what is the approx price of a 'good' and 'genuine' yellow saphire?

Also how does a layman understand that he is not being taken for a ride while purchasing such a costly stone

Scouser'sgal

Yellow Sapphires

Post by Scouser'sgal » Wed May 28, 2008 9:22 am

Quite a beautiful stone. They can have color ranges from yellow, yellow-green to golden. Very very
good stones come from Australia. These stones are called natural and seldom have any chemical treatment.
Thailand, Hong Kong and other Asian markets sell sapphires but it would be difficult to determine their origins.

What I recommend is that you do a google search for yellow sapphires and find the information there. As a matter
of interest my engagement ring is a golden sapphire which is in an emerald cut. To pick a stone becomes very subjective: although there are beautiful stones of every shape and color, you tend to pick a stone that 'grabs' you.

Price ranges will depend on the origins, cut, color, carat/size and of course where purchased.

I sent your a PM with some info which I hope helps.
Voici mon secret. Il est simple. On ne voit bien
qu'avec le coeur. L'essetnial est invisible pour les
yeux.   (SAINT EXPUREY)

lillian

Post by lillian » Wed May 28, 2008 2:14 pm

You can be sure that you are treated fairly if you buy from a gem dealer that is willing to provide a third party certification from a reputable gem lab that testifies to the nature and color of the material that you are receiving.  If buying online, they should be willing to provide mulitple photographs and written explanations of color and any flaws.  Lastly, they should be willing to easily let you return any stone that you are not absolutely satisfied with.  Some ways to save your budget might be to look for a stone with minor flaws - some are not even visbile to the eye but still help your wallet.  Might I also suggest that many accept yellow zircon as a more affordable substitute for sapphire.  Do your research and take your time.  You will find the right stone.  A good (not exceptional) quality sapphire stone will probably not cost less than a few hundred dollars/carat.  If a deal seems too good to be true, pass the stone by.

I hope this helps.
Lillian
Wild Fish Gems

alee

Post by alee » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:28 am

i have a yelow sapphire but i am not sure if it is really yelow sapphire and the quality, how do i get this verified?
whispers of the heart

Return to “Gemology”