Amethyst Question..

Know the right astral gems that can make your life progressive

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

CassandraOh

Amethyst Question..

Post by CassandraOh » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:37 am

I've always had an Amethyst in my possession and I was told when i was younger that Amethyst was my birth stone. What properties does Amethyst have? And also the same question about Rose Quartz. Are there any good reliable websites out there with a full list of Gems/Crystals and their properties that i can print out to keep in a folder for quick reference?

Thanks in advance. :)

RoseRed

Post by RoseRed » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:23 am

There are two books that I would recommend and that is The Crystal Bible - Judy Hall & Love is In The Earth - Melody

Here is some information from the Crystal Bible:
Amethyst
has strong healing & cleansing powers and enhances spiritual awareness.
has a sobering affect on overindulgence
it overcomes addictions and blockages of all kinds
extremely beneficial to the mind, calming or stimulating as appropriate.
mentally it helps you feel less scattered and more focused and in control of your faculties.
facilitates the decision-making process, bringing common sense and spiritual insights.
extremely powerful and protective stone with a high spiritual vibration - guards against psychic attack, transmuting the energy into love.
blocks geopathic stress and negative environment energies.
helpful with insomnia cause by an over-active mind and protects against recurrent nightmares. (place under pillow)
etcetcetc

Rose Quartz
stone of unconditional love and infinite peace - teaching true essence of love.
it purifies and opens the heart at all levels, and brings deep inner healing and self-love.
calming and reassuring and excellent use in trauma or crisis.
If you want to attract love, place by your bed or in the relationship corner of your home - it is so effective in drawing love and relationships to you that you often need amethyst to calm things down.
restores trust and harmony in relationships.
strengthens empathy and sensitivity and aids the acceptance of necessary change.
etcetcetc

You will find loads of sites out there, just do some research.
And another method, why not just pick up the respective stone and feel for its properties :)
Good Luck!
To Err, Human
To Forgive, Divine

CassandraOh

Post by CassandraOh » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:12 pm

Thank you for the information! The Amethyst would explain why when it comes to matters that my partner can't deal with or make sense of, I always seem to be able to make sense of it no matter how big the problem is, or how bad it could be i always have a level head about it. When i meditate my Amethyst is always with me. I never knew what it's properties were but i always felt that it was a major help in a lot of cases.
The Rose quartz is in a necklace i never take off, so it's always with me.
I will definitely try the Amethyst for insomnia, as i do suffer very bad insomnia which i have had for many years but never been able to get help with:)

I really appreciate your help. thank you so much:)

RoseRed

Post by RoseRed » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:52 pm

No prob!
I love crystals and love working with them, someone once told me that the way a crystal actually works is by the crystals specific minerals resonating with the same minerals in your own body. I thought that was a great way to look at it. I have two huge rose quartz sitting in my bedroom, loooovvvveeee rose quartz! heehee

Have you ever tried crystal elixir's?
Like making a nice mix of the two before you go to bed? Maybe even set with an intention?

How to make a gem elixir:
place a cleansed, non friable crystal in a glass bowl with spring water. (Place friable or toxic stones in a small glass jar & then in the glass bowl)
Stand the bowl in sunlight for 12hrs.
Remove crystal & bottle the mother tincture in a glass bottle with an airtight stopper.
To keep for more than a week, add 50% brandy or vodka as a preservative.
Store in a cool, dark place.
Add to bathwater or put in a spray bottle, you can also drink it but have to dilute it as this is the mother tincture.

To drink:
Add 7 drops of mother tincture to water.
They say 7 drops 3x a day.
For you I would take it before bedtime.

Another thing you could also think about is a good calcium magnesium mix. Calcium is a natural sedative and magnesium helps to relax the muscles so its a great mix. Always helps me to fall asleep when I'm uptight. :)
To Err, Human
To Forgive, Divine

CassandraOh

Post by CassandraOh » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:28 am

I will have a go. At this point i'm willing to try anything to help me sleep. This morning i was awake until 6am even after relaxation meditation.  It's nice to see new people like myself:D I really want to learn what ever i can, so thanks for sharing:D

Return to “Gemology”