Anything else special about it?
Attachments
Moldavite2.jpg
My Moldavite
Moldavite2.jpg (190.09 KiB) Viewed 7217 times
Merry Meet!

TheAlchemist

Post by TheAlchemist » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:14 am

I have a cut moldavite I bought a few years back from a catalog...cant remember which one...i had a jeweler put it in a setting for me....It is a soft stone and I am rough on my rings...so unfortunately I chipped it...but I still have it on and wear it...I have heard that they come from another galaxy? or something like that....originally I had it set with two herkimer diamonds but the setting didn`t work well.. so the jeweler took  the herkimers out and kept the molavite alone....I like it a lot...kinda looks like an emerald but much softer....
Peace

Zasqua

Post by Zasqua » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:32 am

It's the only stone that has extraterrestrial and earth energies. It was formed where a meteorite hit the earth.

I put mine in a spiral with garnets. Hate that people touch it, but everybody does!
Merry Meet!

Zasqua

Post by Zasqua » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:34 am

Would love to see pictures!!!
Merry Meet!

TheAlchemist

Post by TheAlchemist » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:43 am

i`ll see if i could get a good pic of it....
extraterrestrial was the right word...i said another galaxy i knew it was something like that
Peace

Zasqua

Post by Zasqua » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:45 am

At first I could not wear mine all the time. My body felt as if it vibrated! Now I can't go without!
Merry Meet!

TheAlchemist

Post by TheAlchemist » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:01 am

not the greatest pic...I was trying to hold the camera with one hand and push the button...anyhow its the center ring
Attachments
moldavite 001.jpg
moldavite 001.jpg (297 KiB) Viewed 4252 times
Peace

TheAlchemist

Post by TheAlchemist » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:08 am

I was drawn to the one i have...a friend of mine has a rock shop and she had some but those didn`t appeal to me as much as this one did....there is some depth to it too which the photo didn`t capture
Peace

Zasqua

Post by Zasqua » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:20 am

It's beautiful!Got goose bumps... Maybe from it's brother greeting from my neck..

I waited 3 years for mine. I get bored easily with stuff and promised myself if I keep up with my crystal "hobby" I would buy myself one someday. And then I had to wait for one I could afford. Once a year we have a week long Afrikaans fest and it came to me via the craft market.

Good things come to those who wait!
Merry Meet!

TheAlchemist

Post by TheAlchemist » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:31 am

oh yes indeed...crystals are drawn to us as much as we are drawn to them...timing is everything......yours exudes a nice energy ...I feel it from the picture....  so is there one particular area where these are found? or are they wide spread?
Peace

Zasqua

Post by Zasqua » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:39 am

It's from Czech Republic, Germany and Moldova, but now only found along the banks of Moldau and soon to be extinct. Alot of green glass sold as Moldavite so be carefull.

I did some searching on the net and found that Arians are best suited for this stone.
Merry Meet!

TheAlchemist

Post by TheAlchemist » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:44 am

interesting....I am from the US...blonde hair blue eyes...makes me want to do some google searching...thanks for you post...it caught my eye!   peace my friend
Peace

Zasqua

Post by Zasqua » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:48 am

Merry meet and merry we part.

Drop in again... I probably have to go to bed now! Almost 4 am and I have to work at 11!

Bright blessings!
Merry Meet!

Zasqua

Post by Zasqua » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:51 pm

Merry meet all!

Would really like to hear more about experiences with Moldavite!

Bright Blessings
Merry Meet!

zircon

Molavite

Post by zircon » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:25 am

The information I have is that Moldavite is not extraterestial in the true sense, but is created when a meteor strikes earth, the impact zone melts into glass-like substance and is thrust into the atmosphere and falls back. Look at how when milk drops drip into a bowl of milk, the slow motion action shows the milk splashing up then falling back again.
Imagine that happening with the great heat of a meteor impacting earth and the melting down of the surrounding ground.
I think the hardness of Moldavite is the same as for Obsidian, another glass material made during volcanic action when the earth is melted and flows or is erupted into the atmosphere.
Tectites, Australites, various types of Obsidian, Moldavite (named after the areas they come from) and similar "instantaneous" mineralogy/gemstones are from earth, not from outer space, but were thrust into outer space with volcanic explostions or meteor impacts.
I've seen small pea size balls of glassy material that have a spiral of bubbles inside them, something that cannot possibly be man-made, and they are all found in the same small area, no where else around... a geologist said they probably rained down from a volcanic eruption somewhere when the "cloud" was blown closer to earth.
Any jewellery made with Moldavite should be pendants only, safe around the neck with no bumps possible because the material is very fragile.
Hope this information is helpful.
Zircon

Return to “Gemology”