Stone of the week epi 2

Know the right astral gems that can make your life progressive

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Ravenmother

Stone of the week epi 2

Post by Ravenmother » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:44 pm

Alright then, here is the long awaited stone of the week. And how to care for it. :)
Garnet

Garnet: Ranges in color from deep emerald green through yellow, brown, and red.

Common to the US, but found all over the world.

Stimulates creativity, passion, and the circulatory system. The brighter the better.

Red: Root and Spleen Chakra. Warms, energizes emotionally and physically (arthritis, frostbite, paralysis), grounds.
Used by ancient cultures. Exhaustion, low Blood Pressure, detoxing and strengthening blood, muscles, kidneys, gallstones. Stimulates life force and sexuality, hormone balance, antibodies, fertility, persistence, stamina, passion, confidence (and stubbornness). Yang (avoid if excess anger, impatience, high blood pressure, heat, inflammation, etc.) Root Chakra.

Orange: Warmth, energy. When Garnet is used in conjunction with the pituitary gland, can help provide past-life information. Should be placed on the center of the forehead. If carried around in the pocket and then placed on the forehead of another person, closer ties will form with that individual.

Green Garnets are healing stones.
Red represent love and help the aspirant to strive for improvement in moral conduct.

Square-cut Garnets help bring about business opportunities and filter out concerns that are not one's own.
Rectangular shapes aid in the matter of intellect or the earth.

Garnets teach patience and constancy and are not to be used lightly. They develop love and compassion. They sharpen self-perception and extend that openness to others. Help calm anger, particularly anger directed towards the self.

It is time to care for your garnet. How you may ask? Here is how.

Clean occasionally with a soft, dry cloth. With the exception of the more expensive forms, garnet can be cleaned in an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner. Avoid exposing garnets to harsh chemicals and extreme temperatures, both of which can damage the gem. Not to mention, your lotions, makeup, and perfume can dull the shine. This stone is a 6-7 on the Mohs scale.

In other words, if there is something stuck on it, light soap and water. Dry with a soft cloth.

Hope this helps, enjoy to hear feedback. Light and love.
Never invoke the gods unless you really want them to appear. It annoys them very much. -- G.K. Chesterton
Confucius say - 'He who stands on toilet is high on pot'
Death: Life's way of saying: You can let go of your ankles now.

Angelfish

Post by Angelfish » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:02 pm

Garnet should be my stone Capricorn but after reading this "Yang (avoid if excess anger, impatience, high blood pressure, heat, inflammation, etc.)" I don't feel it would suit me at all.
I am having (had) problems with anger, impatience and am trying to fix this. So far Rose Quartz, Amethyst, Agate, Smoke Quartz and Tiger's Eye are doing great for me and I thank them for it :-)

This Episode is much more "complete" and has lots of very good info. I like to know the Mohs scale :-) and cleansing part, especially for crystals fading in sun or crystals which should not be cleansed in water.

Thank you.

With Love, Angelfish
Namaste - Mitakuye Oyasin

Ravenmother

Post by Ravenmother » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:10 pm

Well I tried to do what everyone requested. I am glad that it worked. Makes me happy knowing that it pleased someone. Hematite works as a good balance as well. It helps to calm and such. Maybe you should look into that one? Hope I helped.

Angelfish

Post by Angelfish » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:53 pm

Hematite works as a good balance as well. It helps to calm and such.
I like the Hematite but for some reason my Tiger's Eye didn't perform well (made me feel grumpy and nervous) in the presence of the Hematite. I don't have any scientific profs of course :smt003 only my intuition and feeling.

Anyway, now I don't carry the Hematite and I feel much better.
Namaste - Mitakuye Oyasin

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:17 am

Carnelian is good for protection from anger.  

Larimar is exceptional for calming a temper. It's water and air element formed by a volcano, so it's good at calming overly active kindalini energy. I have mars in scorpio which a read an interpretation describing it as having energy like that of a volcano. Larmiar has helped me keep this energy from being mis-directed, and calm so it can be used in better ways.
"Permacultre is revolution disguised  as gardening"

Return to “Gemology”