gemstone for vakri planets

Know the right astral gems that can make your life progressive

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

fivezero7

gemstone for vakri planets

Post by fivezero7 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:12 am

Hi all,

I am a beginner in learning vedic astrology.

In my horoscope i have sun and mercury in 12th house and the sign in that house is leo.
now the mercury is vakri in that house.

currently i am wearing an emerald (panna) in silver in the little finger.

I read some where that gem stones should not be worn for vakri planets, and one of my experienced friend, who practices astrology also told me the same.

What do you suggest on this issue?

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:07 am

I find gemology to be a bit supertituos.

In western astrology at least every source tells a different stone for each month.

I am not experienced with the vedic take on gems, but I have not come to be attracted to that aspect of the vedas yet.
"Permacultre is revolution disguised  as gardening"

fivezero7

Post by fivezero7 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:13 am

Aegeus wrote:I find gemology to be a bit supertituos.

In western astrology at least every source tells a different stone for each month.

I am not experienced with the vedic take on gems, but I have not come to be attracted to that aspect of the vedas yet.
hi aegeus,

i was expecting a reply based on the query i have put up in my post above.
not a generic one like yours.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:26 am

When one ask question on a Public forum, then one must expect to get different views, and not always view that talk to the seeker.

As long as the post carry an opinion, and not an "attack" ,one have to accept such post....this is the way we can broaden our own view on thing.

If we only should allow post that was according to own belief, then we get the confirmation we needed....but did we get other thoughts that might have changed our life(in a broader view)?

If Vedic Astrology has prescribed different stones for different situations, and you are enlightened that Western Astrology don't have the same, then you now will know that Vedic thought aren't universal, but more inside your Religion/Vedic.

If you look at the heading of the Forum...then that is Gemology....which is not a part of Vedic/Religion...which again open up for view from outside this.

Cascade of Light

Re: gemstone for vakri planets

Post by Cascade of Light » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:31 pm

fivezero7 wrote:Hi all,

I am a beginner in learning vedic astrology.

In my horoscope i have sun and mercury in 12th house and the sign in that house is leo.
now the mercury is vakri in that house.

currently i am wearing an emerald (panna) in silver in the little finger.

I read some where that gem stones should not be worn for vakri planets, and one of my experienced friend, who practices astrology also told me the same.

What do you suggest on this issue?
By wearing Emrald on your little finger you are increasing it's effects, obviously as Mercury is vakri then this is not a good thing to do as you may already have enough of this energy to cope with. As it is probably a small ring you cannot wear it on a differnt finger? What made you choose it?

Cassie
A cascade of light shone down on me, then the angels spoke, and set me free,
Cas x

fivezero7

Post by fivezero7 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:26 am

Rhutobello wrote:When one ask question on a Public forum, then one must expect to get different views, and not always view that talk to the seeker.
By wearing Emrald on your little finger you are increasing it's effects, obviously as Mercury is vakri then this is not a good thing to do as you may already have enough of this energy to cope with. As it is probably a small ring you cannot wear it on a differnt finger? What made you choose it?

Cassie
hi Cassie,
thanks a lot for the reply :)

yes it is a small ring and fits only in the little finger.

actually quite a long time back our family astrologer suggested me to wear this emerald on little finger as mercury is vakri and combust with sun in the 12th house.

however now, as i am learning myself, i wanted to have a detailed opinion on this particular issue because different people have different views on this very subject. hence the query in this forum. :)

so what do you say, in case of combust planets, is it suggested to wear the related stone?

Kyanite393

Post by Kyanite393 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:05 am

Aegeus wrote:I find gemology to be a bit supertituos.

If you believe in Astrology planets affecting and driving our lives... Gems are small pieces of a planet. In which atoms rotate in the same fashion as a solar system...

If I touch a piece of kyanite a chill almost goes over me a lightness.

Gems was one of the first things I was drawn to.

Thats me though.

kandhan.t

Post by kandhan.t » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:23 am

fivezero7, afaik(which is very little) emerald is the only safe stone for virgo ascendant and in the available vedic literature on gem remedy there is not explicit prohibition on vakri.  more important question is how long have u been wearing it and did you find any difference?

Return to “Gemology”