Tiger's Eye

Know the right astral gems that can make your life progressive

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Saturnic

Tiger's Eye

Post by Saturnic » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:51 am

Hey all,

Could you people please tell me which planet is related with Tiger's Eye? Some say Sun and some say Ketu. I know that Cat's Eye is related with Ketu, but I don't think Tiger's Eye is. Could you please explain the planetary relation of Tiger's Eye?

virinchi

Post by virinchi » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:18 am

its not related to any planet
just used to develop self confidence and courage

Delphina

Tiger Eye

Post by Delphina » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:43 pm

Healing - bronchial
Psychological - lifting depression, promote concentration
Member of the quartz family
Symbolizes unity
Greater self integration
Stems the flow of energy
After being used for healing, discharge under running water and then recharge in the sun for a few hours.
Good for a touchstone or in jewellery

Kissna

Post by Kissna » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:14 am

Can I wear Tiger's Eye along with other stones such as Pearl and Emerald?

lfrett

Post by lfrett » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:31 pm

Most of the references for Tiger Eye show that it is associated with the Sun.  I've seen one site associate it with Mercury.

There is some mention of it being associated with Ketu lunar node.

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:57 pm

This is the wierd thing, different scriptures say different things. Tigers Eye is however very like Cats eye, ( Ketu) it has the same chatoyancy and similar colours. The Sun is related to Maanik or Ruby, which is actually a red sapphire or neelam lol.

Did you pick Tigers Eye?

It has many good grounding properties and can help witht the solar plexus area, but that is using crystals for healing and not 'gemology'

purplewiccakitty

Does anyone know how to "heal" a sad Tiger's eye?

Post by purplewiccakitty » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:54 pm

This is quite humiliating but, when I was about 4 I was given a small chunk of polished Tiger's eye. At that time I thought all rocks had crystal caves inside of them, so I banged on it with a hammer, a small flake of it came off and it got scratched up, so I lost intrest. I have recently come across this crystal and I can't explain how it makes me feel. It just seems to radiate sadness. I feel horrible about what I did to it (I know I was realy young but still.) Does anyone know how to "heal" a sad Tiger's eye?

d_vampyra

tiger eye

Post by d_vampyra » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:08 am

has ties with the planets mars mercury and the sun.

Tiger eye comes in 3 seperate colours 2 are generally found under the heading tiger eye, the yellow and the red, there is also the blue tiger eye that generally known as hawks eye but is in reality a type of tiger eye.

Tiger eye is a fossilised type of asbestoes and will cause no ham in wearing it but working with tigers eye (cutting polishing etc) should be sone with the most extreme care so as not to breath in any particles.

each colour has different properties and i personally think of them as the tears of life.

yellow the youngest holds the properties of the younger generation, energy, confidence, an ability to accomplish anything.

red a much more sedate stone still has the conidence aspect (as all forms of tiger eye does) but does not include the pushing energy that the yellow does, this is a much more grounding form of the stone.

Blue.  A stone of wisdom still contains the confidence but is more of a sage like mixture of wisdom confidence and a knowing intuituve ability.

I hope that this has been of hep!!!

Have a great day

d_vampyra

ALSO!

A great meditation for this stone is

the power is within me
there is nothing i cannot do

grandduke

Post by grandduke » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:10 pm

How do you differentiate tiger's eye from cat's eye?

heruthegreat

Post by heruthegreat » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:12 pm

Tiger's eye (also called Tigers eye or Tiger eye) is a chatoyant gemstone that is usually a metamorphic rock that is yellow- to red-brown, with a silky luster. A member of the quartz group, it is a classic example of pseudomorphous replacement by silica of fibrous crocidolite (blue asbestos). An incompletely silicified blue variant is called Hawk's eye.

Return to “Gemology”