To professional Feng-shui pratitioners

The Chinese way to improve your work and home environments to promote health, happiness, and prosperity.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Wild Divine

To professional Feng-shui pratitioners

Post by Wild Divine » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:08 am

Can you recommend me a good Feng-shi book that's out in the market right now which you think is accurate, reliable, and easy to understand?
The Mind Knows No Limits Aside From Those It Accepts

p98h

Post by p98h » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:57 am

Friendly speaking there is no easy learning guide book in the market bcoz it is not reliable for 理气(Prediction). However, for 峦头(Moutain Landscape) there r pretty books out there bcoz mountain landscape is not much different for every books thus more reliable... i'm not sure for English version. But u can try search from the net.

p/s: FengShui basically is divided into 2 parts Prediction n Mountain Landscape. Different FengShui masters hav diff points of views of Prediction skills. However, Mountain Landscape r more or less the same.

Hope i did answer ur question...  :smt002
6 Methods FengShui

EFS

Post by EFS » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:28 am

I recommend the "Idiots Guide" by Master Joseph Yu

Great book teaching you the correct way to Feng Shui your home
<edited> links not allowed in signature. see http://mysticboard.org/mediakit.html to ad link to signature.

circulodemujeres

My recommendation

Post by circulodemujeres » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:36 pm

I agree with EFS. &nbsp;"The complete idiot's guide to feng shui" Second edition is the way to go.

ssanusi

Post by ssanusi » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:43 am

Personally, I started my own learning journey by reading books. There are many masters around especially in Singapore and Malaysia who conduct courses and also publish books. I went to the bookshops and glanced through few of them. Finally, I decided on the books that I think are good for beginners:

1. Stories and Lessons on Fengshui by Joey yap
This book is a good introduction to Fengshui with simple points that are easy to understand for beginner.

2. Pure Fengshui by Joey Yap
This book has good introduction on the "pure" Fengshui as practices and taught by the ancient masters. He also included some common problems people have when they consult Fengshui consultants together with potential solutions to those problems both for short-term and long-term. This book is for those who want to have quick answer to their problems using Fengshui theory.

3. Xuan Kong Flying Stars Fengshui by Joey Yap
To advance further, you may want to get this book that includes more in-depth explanation of Flying Stars. You will get better understanding to some of the points mentioned in the Pure Fengshui book.

4. Flying Star Feng Shui Made Easy by Lillian Too
This book is also good on the topic. It will serve as additional reference when you the XKFS by Joey Yap. There are few errors in the book, though, but overall it should be enough to complement your knowledge on this topic.

5. Basic Science of Feng Shui by Vincent Koh
As indicated on the cover, this book serves as practitioner's guidebook. It is not straight-forward to read, but it condenses a lot of information in one big and thick book. You should be able to understand the content once you have some basic understanding.

There are many more books from different masters. I would suggest that you go to bookshop and do some browsing before deciding on the best books for yourself. Only when you feel comfortable with the format and presentation of the book will you then be able to understand and absorb as much information as possible.

Fengshui_semarang

Post by Fengshui_semarang » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:42 am

it's already 6months since you ask the question

well i try to answer

you can try Joey Yap books, it's easier to understand than Lillian too, but if you can't find Joey Yap books in your country, you can try to find Lillian too books

I hope it helps

CityHunter

Post by CityHunter » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:35 am

Ditto. &nbsp;Joey Yap's books are quite informative but not only are they expensive but are also hard to find. &nbsp;Try to find some of Lillian Too's earlier books. &nbsp;Most of the new ones are just repackaged contents from the old releases with new pictures.

Return to “Feng Shui”