Interesting Story concerning Feng Shui

The Chinese way to improve your work and home environments to promote health, happiness, and prosperity.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

ragun

Interesting Story concerning Feng Shui

Post by ragun » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:16 am

I am currently a westerner studying Chinese in Beijing, China. Hopefully, as many of you know, China is undergoing a period of rapid cultural and economical development.  Living here can be quite overwhelming sometimes. Construction can be found everywhere!

Most architects and designers will consult a Feng Shui Expert before or during the designing of the huge mega office buildings, shopping complexes, and condo buildings in order to maximize the success of the building and its tenants. Yet, some architects and designers aren't Chinese or don't care to pay attention to "old ways of thinking".

One of the larger more costly projects was a mega housing/office complex near the ChaoYang District which is Beijing CBD - commercial Business District. An affluent district full of foreigners and the headquarters of large corporations.

After the building was built, someone -- a tenant I think -- got an expert from Hong Kong to fly in and assess the Feng Shui of the building. He said the place had attracted some really bad energy already despite it just being finished and that no one should go there. Specifically he said, and this is Chinese, it is gui de - which is like saying it is evil basically.

The developers are now going bankrupt and the building is standing near empty - just a couple of unknowing  lao wai (old foreigner, a pet name for foreigners) living there.

funny eh?

cowvvvv

Post by cowvvvv » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:51 am

Nice post!  Yeah, we're quite  assessing into feng shui.  After reading and learning from several sources, we found bad feng shui in dwelling.  Not neccessary bad for other people, just that it's in "discord" with our Ba Tzi (Birthday).  We're moving  :smt003 !! It's been on the downside much since moved in.  We need a matching place.

rozrokz

Post by rozrokz » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:52 am

Actually, what is good feng shui? How can we have good feng shui when everybody will have different good directions to achieve good harmony for everyone? This has put me in a quandrangle.

fallenangel

Post by fallenangel » Mon May 21, 2007 9:28 am

Really? I think that if some building has some unlucky streaks, there are supposed to be remedies to it. Otherwise, some lots in this world will stay uninhabited! Lol! That's what feng shui is for - to correct the furnitures, the way things are arranged. That's just for me!

niteowl

Interesting story concerning feng shui

Post by niteowl » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:24 pm

Hi everyone.   Just recently joined mystic board.    With your permissions I would like to share some of my thoughts about Feng Shui.       Most of the misconceptions of FS today is mostly superstitious which were transfered from one generation to the other.   What is real FS?   Its an ancient art of harnessing Qi from our environment, nothing else.  That simple.  The basic concept is that the external environment affects the house and in turn affects the people living in it.   What does it mean?   No matter how good your personal gua is or even your house gua, if the environment is bad, your stuff!!   No remedies (moving furniture - it would not work) needed,  but to get out and look for another place.   That is why timing and direction is very important.   Basically if there is a problem in your natal chart (Bazi), there is a problem with your feng shui.    A good point raised by Rozrokz in regards to everyone in the house having (different) good personal directions.   I empathize with him.   How can all of you achieved good feng shui using all your good personal directions??   Impossible.   The answer is that house direction supersedes personal direction.   Now,everyone has to share the same good or bad direction.   Personal direction is only used for fine tuning purposes.    I hope I did not confused anyone?   Bye.   :smt006

CityHunter

Post by CityHunter » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:14 pm

Niteowl is correct in stating that current ideas about feng shui are mostly based on the false feng shui principles spread then so that those in power during China's monarchy periods wouldn't be unseated.  Ha ha, its because they used feng shui to unseat those that were in power then.  Even Mao Zedong used it yet wouldn't allow it be used by others as he was afraid of the possible effects to him.  Those treasures taken by the Nationalists to Taiwan are major tools in feng shui too.

In China, some do indeed dismiss what feng shui can do.  For quite a number had bad experiences with that as either the adviser was lousy or a false one.  And a lot too tend to indeed dismiss the old ways thinking it no longer applies to modern ways.

However, a large number still believe that it works hence even if the tenants there are disbelievers but their clients are of a different thought then they wouldn't indeed make a sale.  If the mistakes aren't that serious then remedies should be put into order so that the capital sunk into such an investment wouldn't go to waste.  This is where I would differ a bit from niteowl.  I do agree that ordinary changes will not work - that's what Vastu where Feng Shui is rooted upon.  For special cases it will require special remedies that are rooted on Vastu and the real Feng Shui.  Those New Age stuff are just out to milk you dry of your cash.

Return to “Feng Shui”