bagua the house or room??

The Chinese way to improve your work and home environments to promote health, happiness, and prosperity.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

doogatyee

bagua the house or room??

Post by doogatyee » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:31 am

I have aquired a new interest in the feng Shui and wondering if it is better to do each room into the eight compartments, or better to seperate the house into the eight spaces.  
For example can the relationship sector be one cornerof all thre floors, and the wealth be one corner of all three floors instead of being one corner of each room??
any help is appreciated.

Monkey999

House or room

Post by Monkey999 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:33 pm

I have just it for the house as a whole, but I have also read about using it for the room, also.  Would there be a way to do the house, and then review each room to see if there were any conflicts?

doogatyee

Post by doogatyee » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:42 pm

I never thought of it that way, i suppose I should try. Thanks.

RobinSongsmith

To ba gua or not to ba gua.

Post by RobinSongsmith » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:54 pm

Ba guas don't work; they're superstition.  The Ba Gua is simply a reference of all the various kuas that we all have.  Remember that Feng Shui means Wind Water.  Treat chi, or the energy that directly effects almost every aspect of your life as wind and water.  

It's not a mystery; just ask yourself, what is the most comfortable way to experience wind or water in your life.  If it is too strong, slow the flow.  If it is too stagnant, free the flow.  If you want to retain more water, build a damn.  If you want to irrigate your garden, change the direction of the flow of water.

BTW, separating your house into eight squares goes completely against traditional Feng Shui. The method is actually associated with the The Black tradition and was created to better commercialize the process of Feng Shui consultation.  Consultations are much more complicated and require knowledge of 1) the occupants' dates of birth, 2) the date that the building was completed, taking into consideration major renovations, 3) historical uses or occupancies of the building, 4) locations of openings in the house such as doors, windows, etc.

Good luck!

Return to “Feng Shui”