Flying Star Fengshui For Year 2008.

The Chinese way to improve your work and home environments to promote health, happiness, and prosperity.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Greenbean

Flying Stars Cures?

Post by Greenbean » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:34 am

Hello-

I have been practicing 8 Mansions Feng Shui for the past few months. My Kua number is 6, which means I am supposed to sleep with my head pointing West etc. I decided to try Flying Stars for the New Year and I have been a nervous wreck ever since – for the reasoned outlined below.

• My small studio is located in South (of building) affected by 5-yellow in 2008.

• Also unfortunate for 2008, the south wall of my small space is red brick activating 5-yellow with earth and fire.

• My North-West is afflicted by a storage closet with sliding mirrored doors.

• My North-East is afflicted by a large kitchen sink and big black stove/oven. Also, too much wood and metal energy.

• My toilet, bath tub/shower is located in the South-East.

• My Kua direction (West) is afflicted by the 3-killings star, where I sleep every night. Should I move my bed to my personal unlucky east direction or sleep with the 3-killings?

I was really hoping someone could email suggestions for “affordable” cures to the above mentioned ailments. I tried a few things, but the year new year has already brought some challenges.

Many thanks, Greenbean

tootsiewon

Chill out Greenbean!

Post by tootsiewon » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:05 am

There's always a cure.

Is your studio your living space?  Are there other living spaces in your building?  Or, do you reside in the entire building and your studio space is simply a portion of it?

alee

Post by alee » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:21 am

Hey Greenbean, welcome...

I cant suggest "affordable" cures, it's like choosing your taste.

I can suggest you to focus on the yearly 5 yellow and 2 black and 3 killings.

You wrote "...My Kua direction (West) is afflicted by the 3-killings star, where I sleep every night. Should I move my bed to my personal unlucky east direction or sleep with the 3-killings? " - You can choose the other 3 direction for gua 6 person, southwest, northwest  and northeast.

You wrote "I have been practicing 8 Mansions Feng Shui for the past few months. My Kua number is 6, which means I am supposed to sleep with my head pointing West etc. I decided to try Flying Stars for the New Year and I have been a nervous wreck ever since – for the reasoned outlined below. " -  take it easy, u were fine before u know feng shui and you will be fine after you know feng shui.

The kitchen in NW in the form school is believed to be know as fire in heaven's gate. From an analysis point of view, you place a fire element (kitchen) to an metal area (north east) It can manifests as eyes problem, fire hazards or losing money. Men are more susceptible than women in that particular household. Do you live in an open studio?
whispers of the heart

Greenbean

Thanks again

Post by Greenbean » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:42 am

Hello Alee-

I missed your part of the message. Thank you too!

I actually wrote the wrong direction regarding the kitchen. It's in the NE with the sink, etc. Storage closet w/mirror & main door are in the NW.

I pretty much have to choose between West or East for my bed.

Maybe I really should move. Is it true that activating the positive stars out-weighs bad stars? I really like this idea.

Cheers,
Monica

alee

Post by alee » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:04 am

hey greenbean,

choose east then, for this particular time.
whispers of the heart

tootsiewon

Post by tootsiewon » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:08 am

If your studio is your main living space, I'd ignore the others and focus on where your living space is.

I've had the best results with placing my entry point and going from there.  It's among Helpful People, Career or Knowlege.  

I only use the star theory as a helpful guide.

Everyone has their own path.

silkconcepts

Post by silkconcepts » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:00 pm

Ok greenbean let's look at what you have.

I'm assuming you have a studio apartment, right? As you stated you are limited with what you can do.
My small studio is located in South (of building) Can't change anything here so don't fret and move on to the next. But if you must Your Gua#6 is strong Metal so you already counteract the #5 so you've already started a remedy.

the south wall of my small space is red brick If this concerns you that much you can try hanging draperies of a different color to cover the brick wall. You didn't say what the length is but if you want a cheap way to do this take some king size pale grey flat sheets and a thin retractable clothesline and put small holes like on your shower curtain and stretch them across the wall curtain style. Grey (metal) will help to remedy the 5 yellow. Also try to hang a small windchime in this area. You can use alot of metal picture frames here.

(West) is afflicted by the 3-killings star From my understanding The three killings is in the South and Southwest as well this year and the Grand Duke is in the North. What this means is you just don't want to be doing any digging or renovating in these areas this year. You should also avoid facing directly North and you don't want to have your back facing South. Think of it this way, the Grand Duke is a stuffy old general who demands respect and yet is always willing to "have your back" so to speak. Looking him in the eye offends him so try not to face him directly and keep things quiet 'cause he's trying to get his rest. The 3 Killings on the other hand are a group of mischevious children that need constant watching over. If you turn your back to them who knows what kind of trouble they'll get into. They also need it quiet because as they say "never wake a sleeping baby". If you have kids you'll understand what I mean. So your headboard facing West should still be ok.

This year the East and Center have very good annual stars and for February the monthly what are these areas like?

My North-East is afflicted by a large kitchen Without knowing your chart I can't say if this area is afflicted or not. But from first mention it looks like you may have most of the 5 elements represented here. The sector is Earth, the stove represents Fire, the sink is Water along with the black color of the stove, and you said there is a lot of Wood and Metal (what do you mean here) Remember the elements don't always mean tangible objects but a movement or direction of chi.

My biggest suggestion is to read up more on Feng Shui before panicking or making a bunch of changes. Many times remedies aren't really nessesary.
Hope this helps

tootsiewon

2 Black

Post by tootsiewon » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:10 am

I have to share this with the board.  Last year, I rescued a plant from a sale shelf.  It was pretty sickly, but I got it to start growing.  Now it's a year later and it has branched out beautifully.  I had it in a northwest window, where it seemed to be happy.  On February 7th, I noticed that a leaf had curled up and faded.  Over the next few days, the plant dropped 6 or 7 leaves and a few more were beginning to wilt.  Yesterday, I moved the plant to the center of my home, where it gets plenty of light.  It perked right up.

Greenbean

Flying Stars Cures?

Post by Greenbean » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:52 am

Hello Silkconcept,

Many thanks for your wise advice. I spent some more time reading and thinking and I am much calmer now.

I did end-up changing the curtains on the South (brick) wall to blue and white for water and metal and I added a small Native American charm that represents long life.

I also brought more blue into the apartment as a whole to counter act the south location. Including activating the east with a small fountain (that I can turn off at bedtime)

You are right about my kitchen in the NE. It had almost all five elements. All it needed was earth, so I placed my Tibetan salt lamp in the corner (and a pair of mandarin ducks for marriage luck)

Lastly, I put a jade plant in my SE toilet in a ceramic container, so I have all five elements there too.

I am still going to get a Pi Yao symbol for my apartment door, which faces the Grand Duke and then I'm done.

I think 2008 will be a good year. I'm an OX, which should get along well with Rat and the main door of my building faces east.

I appreciate everyones advice and hopefully I can help another in the near future.

Best,
greenbean

lisamarie

Post by lisamarie » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:51 pm

hello anyone   (lol)

I have a question.
I've been living in a house for the past 20 months.  During the whole time, I've had so many health problems.  Now I've come to find out that the masterbedroom, where I spend most of my time, has the numbers 5m 2w 9t  with then annual star being 2a!  Needless to say, I decided to move out and into another.  The other rooms are good numbers for bedrooms, but they have catches:
the south room...well, is south.  It's numbers are 8m 8w 3 time or base star, I'll use the term time star.  The annual number there is 5.
the southwest room: 1m 6w 5t and 7 annual and is smaller.
I'm a qua 6 metal.  
(I think I am going to choose the south room, even tho it has the nasty 5, because, don't the 8 stars temper the earth 5 star? the 8-8 combo is so good, and I can put my head in towards the west (good for 6 metal qua)
Also I can put some metal coins and a 5 element pagada near my bed, for remedies.)

If ANYONE has any comment or opinion, I would be grateful....new at this stuff and HOPING i'm getting the hang of it!! I know I ultimately have to make my own choice, but I'm really interested in hearing  your comments, if you will.

And let me just reiterate; I have been so sick since living in this house, even if I do remedy that Masterbedroom, I will not stay in there anymore, i just want to see what happens when I move to another room!

I have one more question.  With regard to  "fortunate directions and harmful directions".... do they mean just that--directions, or does it mean areas?  For example: if south is H-1 (harmful 1) then, should I stay out of the south area's? or is it just to understand which directions we should face for our betterment???
thanks for taking the time to hear me out!
Lisamarie

Greenbean

Post by Greenbean » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:54 am

Hello Lisa Marie-

I would like to help you, because I have received so much great advice on this site, but your feng shui is more advanced than my knowledge.

2008 is my first year practicing Flying Stars feng shui and I just focused on simple annual flying stars, but I don't have that much information on building age etc.

I have learned that there is a cure for everything even in a worst case scenario (like sleeping with a 2). I did ultimately find my own cures and I have especially enjoyed using color as a remedy with bedding, curtains, rugs, tablecloths, etc. You probably already know that blue & black are water, red is fire, green is wood, tan is earth and white is metal.

The best advice I read is that activating good stars neutralizes negative stars, like yin and yang :-)

Good luck and congrats on moving out of 2!

-Greenbean

lisamarie

Post by lisamarie » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:11 pm

Hello Greenbean!
Thank you so much for your reply.  Though I don't think I have more knowledge than you (For sure!), I am sort of a focused type and end up learning just about everything I am able...as soon as possible!!  LOL
umm....maybe a tad obsessive?? yea.  well, it's good for learning...hahahahah.
anyway, thanks for your input again.  I am already noticing over the past few days I have moved out of the dreadful numbers room....I am feeling better when I wake up!  That is all worth the embarrassment of asking (perhaps) the stupid questions I've been asking.  lol    It seems like I end up finding out the answer shortly after I post.   go figure!
anyhow.  Things are begining to make more sense to me....even though feng shui is a life long journey.  I am lovin' it!!
I absolutley love everyone's posts and reply's....there is so much to gain from all of them!
sincerely,
lisamarie

silkconcepts

Post by silkconcepts » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:10 am

lisamarie wrote:hello anyone   (lol)

I have a question.
the south room...well, is south.  It's numbers are 8m 8w 3 time star  The annual number there is 5.
the southwest room: 1m 6w 5t and 7 annual and is smaller.
It's hard to tell without knowing the period/facing direction/surrounding landforms. There is so much more than just the stars in a sector.

I'm a qua 6 metal.  
(I think I am going to choose the south room, even tho it has the nasty 5, because, don't the 8 stars temper the earth 5 star?
Your Gua is strong enough to counter the 5 usually when in other sectors, but remember the 5 annual is in the Fire sector this year. Fire gives strength to Earth. There are also other afflictions to the South this year. The 8 is also an Earth star which also strengthens the 5.

I can put some metal coins and a 5 element pagada near my bed, for remedies.Metal will be draining to your 8's so don't expect too much this year for wealth or health. I'd concentrate on enhancing your 9m and w stars this year if you can.

I will not stay in there anymore, i just want to see what happens when I move to another room!A friend from another forum once told me it was a good idea to keep a journal and record when you make a change, place a remedy or enhancer. Record what happens after about a week or two. By then you should see something from what you did.

I have one more question.  With regard to  "fortunate directions and harmful directions"Remember to sit,stand,sleep facing your better directions and try to occupy the sectors of your most favorable directions as well. If you have to be in a sector that's not one of your better directions then for sure try to face one that is.

As for your other post, no question is stupid. That's how you learn. Try checking out other posts, reading books and doing a little experimenting before asking. Check out other forums as well. You can always learn more. :smt002
I'm not going crazy, I enjoy every minute of it!

boowdong

Post by boowdong » Tue May 05, 2009 7:14 pm

pirbid wrote::) Alee, you certainly saved us a whole lot of trouble, bless you  :)

And yes, Silk, we still have to take natal into account, but at least these calculations are only done once, hopefully!  :)

Thank you bunches, both of you   :smt052
yes this actually possible to do :smt020

Return to “Feng Shui”