Flying Star Fengshui For Year 2008.

The Chinese way to improve your work and home environments to promote health, happiness, and prosperity.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

alee

Flying Star Fengshui For Year 2008.

Post by alee » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:53 am

Flying star feng shui is a branch of feng shui that deals with the time and space of a particular domain. The concept is that a certain direction and sector of your home can be lucky or unlucky based on the type of star that resides in that particular area and particular time.

This year the Chinese New Year starts on Feb 7th which is the year of the rat.

The flying stars locations are as follow (based on the lo-shu grid):-

1. North sector - 6 white star (metal element)

This star is considered a benign star that bestow wealth but it has lost its power in the period of 8.
Activation: place 8 citrine crystals here or yellow colour to strengthen its energy.

2. Northeast sector - 4 green star (wood element)

This is a good star for acedemic and official achievements. A best star for writers!
Activation: place 4 plants, 4 green phantom crystals, hang up 4 chinese calligraphy brushes here or use the colour green.

3. East sector - 8 white star (earth element)

This is the most auspicious star! Brings great wealth luck especially in real estate.
Activation: place a triangular amethyst geode here, use red, purple and earthy tones.

4. Southeast sector - 9 purple star (fire element)

This is the second auspicious star. Brings happiness, charisma and fruitful romance.
Activation: use green, red or purple, place a lamp here, put 9 amethyst crystals here

5. South sector - 5 yellow star (earth element)

Worst star of bad luck and al kind of loses.
Cures: use white, hang up 6 chinese coins, windchime, place bronze statues here, best keep this place quiet.

6. Southwest sector - 7 white star (metal element)

Bad burglary and lose.
Cures: use blue or black, place water

7. West sector - 3 green star (wood element)

Bad. Cause gossips, backstabbing and bickering.
Cures: use red, put a lamp here.

8. Northwest sector - 2 black star (earth element)

The second worst star for feng shui which is related to all kind of sickness.
Cures: use white/mettalic, bronze item, hang up 6 chinese coins.

9. Middle sector - 1 white star (water element)

Bring bad fruitless romance.
Cures: Use green, put 4 plants here.

Ok, now you have the information, you can evaluate the feng shui of your homes or offices. For the home we always go with the main door, master bedroom and kitchen.

Let's say if your main door is located in the east sector where the most auspicious star, then you can do activations on this sector. Maybe you can paint your door red, purple (yuck), or put plants with red ribbons tied to it....

If your main door is located in 2 northwest sector where the sickness star resides. You can hang 6 chinese coins and do the usual cures but the cleverest way is to avoid using that entrance all together if possible for the entire year.

I would be happy to help if you have any questions.

Hope you all have a prosperous 2008!!!

:smt038
whispers of the heart

tootsiewon

Some questions

Post by tootsiewon » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:05 am

Thanks, Alex, for this chart and the suggested cures!  I do have some questions, though, as regards Flying Star Feng Shui.  

First of all, my house sits at an angle.  It's rectangular, and sits exactly North and South on the diagonal, with the entry in the South-East.  The entry bumps out, so it's an extra space in the scheme of things.  Placing an octagon over the house is easier than placing a square Flying Star Chart.  For, no matter how a chart is placed, something is missing or something is overwhelming the space.  I'm unsure exactly how to scale a Flying Star Chart for my home.  Any ideas?

Also, I'd appreciate your views on the following:

I have always heard that 1 is the Relationship area.  I've never heard anyone call it "fruitless romance".  I've always heard that it's best to place happy pairs in this area.

For 2 the Illness area, I've been told to place two wu lou in that area, as well as metal cures.  It's also been suggested to place a plant in that area, but to be prepared to replace it, as the plant will probably not fare well.  The theory being, better to replace a plant than lose a person.  

For 3 Killing, as well as fire symbols, a mystic knot has been advised.  I've also been told to keep my laughing Buddha in this area.

I've not heard of 6 called "Defeat" but rather, Courage.  I've been advised to place my white steed here.  

In 7 Robbery area, I have always placed a rhinocerous and a dragon.  No crystals and no porclain.  Unfortunately, my commode is there this year.  Do you have any suggestions for this?

It seems there are so many points of view on everything Feng Shui.  

Thanks again!

alee

Dear Tootsiewon

Post by alee » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:14 am

For your case, if you cant superimpose the lo shu grid over the plan of your house to locate the sectors correctly,  as you said that "... my house sits at an angle.  It's rectangular, and sits exactly North and South on the diagonal, with the entry in the South-East.  The entry bumps out, so it's an extra space in the scheme of things....", you can always go to the middle of your home and use an ordinary compass or lou pan to mark out the sectors.

I was talking about the yearly stars that fall onto respective sectors on the lo shu grid. As you know the sectors of the lo shu grid is associated with their respective numbers, directions and elements. When the flying stars falls into their sectors on the lo shu grid, their elements will interact and produce desirable or undesirable effects.

Your cures are fine but as I say pay attention to the main door, master bedroom, kitchen and whichever rooms that people spend the most time in.

As for "In 7 Robbery area, I have always placed a rhinocerous and a dragon.  No crystals and no porclain.  Unfortunately, my commode is there this year.  Do you have any suggestions for this?" I take it commode means toilet? If that is the case there wont be a problem as water exhaust the 7 red  star which is the metal element.

I hope I didnt cause more confusion.

Cheerio
whispers of the heart

silkconcepts

Post by silkconcepts » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:55 pm

tootsiwon-
From my readings, if the bumped out area is less than 2/3 of the area then you don't sweat about them. It's the same for bay window areas, window seats etc. You still use the 9 square grid stretched out over the floorplan. So if your entry is still primarily in the SE sector then you're ok. Recheck out your Eva Wong book "A Master Course in Feng Shui" She shows how to stretch the grid over irregular or odd shaped floorplans.

One thing to add to alee's post. Her guide is for the annual visiting stars but you still need to take your natal chart into account before you go applying these remedies. If you have the natal #5 yellow in say the East you don't want to be placing the  amethyst geode/more Earth/Fire element here because then you'll activate the 5. Even if the stars are good they may fall in sectors that aren't so great so you can't do anything there.
Does that help anyone?

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:25 pm

:) Alee, you certainly saved us a whole lot of trouble, bless you  :)

And yes, Silk, we still have to take natal into account, but at least these calculations are only done once, hopefully!  :)

Thank you bunches, both of you   :smt052
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

alee

Post by alee » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:30 pm

Hi Silk,

It's good if you can take your natal chart into account, the bad thing is you will end up with so many variables.

Over the years, I simplify everything down to the yearly flying stars. My personal opinion is that taken everything into account from gua numbers, eight mansions to xuan kong the most important is timing, and hence the flying stars. So I just cut through the chase. One of the feng shui "secrets" that I have learned is that by activating one (just one) powerful auspicious star, its influence will overcome the effect all other negative stars. Now being the period of 8, the #8 star is at its most powerful so I activate the sector which it falls to every year, (deliciously this year in my bedroom). :smt020

Of course my house is still built on the principles of good feng shui guidelines such as gua number and eight mansions theory ensuring I enjoy auspicious "earth luck" but for timing I rely on the flying star.

I still can remember the days when my house used to look like a curio shop from all the feng shui remedies and cures, and yet I am more of a minimalist.   :smt005

Best regards,
whispers of the heart

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:37 pm

:) I agree with you that, once we are comfortable with a certain amount of FS knowledge, we tend to go back to basics as much as possible. Otherwise it stops being fun and becomes a little nightmare.

And all of us have gone through the "Chinese bazar" stage, surrounding ourselves with tinkling bells and chimes on every door, mirrors on the toilet doors, instead of over the washstands, bambu canes hanging from the ceiling beams and whatnot. Then we remember our own taste and take everything down and go back to more generic enhancers, like robust plants and crystals, that are less clashing with the rest of the deco.

But, most of all, you are right that it is much better to concentrate on enhancing one or two points, hopefully those you cross a lot, like the entry, or where you spend many hours. This year, the white 8 is on my entry door, so it will be activated every time I use the door and let the sunshine and air through it.

So, where are your eights, Silk?  :)
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

lisamarie

Post by lisamarie » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:52 am

Question:  If I have a FM, FW (fortunate mountain, fortunate water) house, a GEN dwelling sitting NE1, facing SW1...the numbers 2 and 5 are very concerning for me.  I have read that this year being 8, brings in good fortune and reduces the 2 and 5 numbers in the middle, facing and sitting.  Do I still need to remedy these inauspicious numbers?
I appreciate your time, thank you.

lisamarie

locked for prosperity dwellings

Post by lisamarie » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:07 am

Would anyone with this flying star knowledge buy a home with these locked for prosperity stars>??  I really like this house to buy, and the price is right....but I do wonder if it's because of this location.  The people before obviously went BK.  I don't want that to happen to me!  Opinions about this are much appreciated!   (by the way, i'm new at posting AND flying stars, so please bare with me...)

silkconcepts

Post by silkconcepts » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:54 am

So, where are your eights, Silk?  
My 8w is in my family room in SW. That room has both S and SW sector which have crummy stars (S-5m/2b/1w and SW- 3m/4b/8w) I've been at a loss for what to do here. So far all I have here is a lighted table fountain in the SW corner and over the window in the S area I hung a small windchime and 6 coins with mystic knot (its hanging behind the blinds). 8m is in the dining room that we never use. I have a quartz crystal tree on the window sill. This year the annual 8 will be in my foyer but I can't do anything with it because the natal stars here are 2m/5b/7w. Anything I put here will stir up the 2 & 5 or the 7. I've been making everyone use our other door through the garage.
My husband won't allow the FS knick knacks so I haven't gotten too many. Mainly some crystal spheres in the window, a bowl of citrine crystals, a few 6 coins with mystic knot. I admit I do have a 3 legged frog but he's hiding in the livingroom at the corner of the couch peeking out from the couch skirt. I've just been trying to deal with my natal remedies by using the 5 elements and paint. For the annual and monthly stars I just use some things we had here at home already. To be honest I've been too afraid to do more. FS is so confusing. Just when I think "OK I think I got this" I read something else that completely contradicts what I just read.
I paid for an offsite home analysis so I could compare what I came up with to what they say but so far they haven't gotten back to me.

alee

Natal chart and flying stars

Post by alee » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:37 am

Hi everyone, very happy to be with you all.

These tips represent my views on the very much complicated feng shui analysis, I am by no means a professional but I have been practising feng shui since my varsity days. Trying to get better grades.  :)  Now I tend to use a lil' bit of this and a lil' bit of that. I do my own analysis and my mum's house.

If you are dealing with natal charts, you have to be aware as to when and how those stars combi will get activated: the stars will be activated only when there's constant circulation of chi (eg. people working, people sleeping, people walking in and out, there's a open window, plants, fan blowing, fire place etc), or there's a form that represent the star (eg. toilets for #1, a mountain for #2, #5, #8)

1. I will usually start from the main door, the mouth of chi.
After you have produced a natal chart of your home, take a look at the sector where your main door is (the most used entry point). Here you can look at the mountain star, the water star, yearly star, and decide if you want to put cures and activation. Note that the mouth of chi is not only the main door, windows that are open frequently can be a mouth of chi, exhaust points.

2. Look for the location of the most powerful and auspicious mountain star and water star combination. Where is this location? Bedroom? Study? Sitting room? Bathroom (ops!)? Try to activate if possible. I guess I dont have to talk about activation and cures since most are very well informed of that.

3. Most pertinent stars are the mountain and water stars. The base star from my opinion is not important. The second most important star group is the yearly flying star. Base your analysis on these 3 sets of stars. For example, from the natal chart, your study has 2 mountain, 3 water star combination, and the yearly star that comes to this sector is 9 purple. You can base your analysis from this: 3 water star will be exhausted by 9 purple which then give fuel to the 2 mountain star. Since 2 symbolises sickness then most likely the occupant working in this room will fall sick this year. Then you can place a cure here.

4. The yearly flying star denotes the changes to the mountain and water star. The mountain star is related to occupants and health matters(people) and the water star is related to financial matters. Look for the interaction between the yearly star and the mountain star. Let's say a sector has 2 mountain 3 water combi. Yearly star that falls here is 6 white. The number 2 from the ba gua symbolises the matriach of the family so 2 mountain symbolises the health of the matriach. The 3 from bagua symbolises the eldest son so 3 water symbolises eldest son's financial situation. The 6 white will destroy 3 and exhaust 2. This implies the health of the matriach will suffer somewhat and the eldest son will suffer financial loses. If your eldest son is not working yet, then this analysis wont matter.

I hope this will be of some help for you all.
whispers of the heart

lisamarie

Post by lisamarie » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:02 pm

Alee

Thank you for your simplification.  I really needed to read this.  It makes things much easier to understand for me.  I'm buying a home, and I'm begining to get so confused about all these numbers.  I see a house, take a compass reading...then I try to factor in my daughter, myself, and the other occupant and where all the rooms are situated and it is getting tedious.  I just want to make a good choice and I'm a little short for time.  I may be getting a little "out there" with all this feng shui, however...I've seen over the years, time and time again, where feng shui has done wonders for people's livelihoods. I just want to make the best choice possible.  Thanks again, you are wonderful and articulate. :)

alee

Post by alee » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:22 am

Hello Lisamarie,

I feel so excited for you, buying your own home is so exciting. :smt026 I would really recommend you to get a professional feng shui reading if possible, since the cost is just a small fraction of the cost comparing to the the house. Since you have already have feng shui knowledge, then you can also learn and ask the right questions.

Since you have come to the natal chart and flying star stage of feng shui, I assume you are familiar with other schools of feng shui, Such as Ba gua, 8 mansions, the landscape/form school of thought already.

The landscape/form takes precedence over any other schools. Look at the green dragon, white tiger, black tortoise and the red phoenix, are they loving or hostile. How about "poison arrows" such as T-junction, the house being in the end of a cul de sac, transmission towers,fly overs cutting in front of the house, etc, etc. Bodies of water? In the period of 8, any water (swimming pools, lakes, ponds, river) located at the Southwest sector is deemed auspicious. Mountain and hills or any tall building? In the period of 8, it is most auspicious if you have mountain in the Northeast sector.

After you are satisfied with the landscape/form feng shui only then you go to the rest like 8 mansions, flying stars etc.

Hope this will help you as to where to focus your analysis. Have fun! :smt039

Ta....
whispers of the heart

tootsiewon

Post by tootsiewon » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:49 am

ALee, you're such a knowlegeable and kind soul!  Keep on writing.  I learn something every time!

alee

Post by alee » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:25 pm

Oh shucks  :smt004  :smt040

So glad u find it useful
whispers of the heart

Return to “Feng Shui”