How to choose a good FS/house/land without a FS master.

The Chinese way to improve your work and home environments to promote health, happiness, and prosperity.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

yoyocue

How to choose a good FS/house/land without a FS master.

Post by yoyocue » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:48 pm

Here is some tips to choose a house/land for you without a FS master.
The tips are from FS view points.
You know more; please add your comments.

1. If you buy the land without any building (maybe you will build it later), please bring your children (under 4 years old) to run on the land you want to buy.
You can bring them to several lands to compare their motions.
If they like it, they will be pretty happy to run on it.

2. If you buy a new house/an old house, you better visit it at day and night.
At daytime, you go in a house and see/feel around the house.
You need to feel the temperature inside of house.
You also need to care what season (Spring/Winter) you go in the house.
At nighttime, I think this tip is only fitted the new house in U.S.
Please do the same procedures like daytime.

If you see the natural fog inside of house (not in London, etc.) at daytime, please do not buy it.
If you are in London (I have never been London), I think you may see the fog in your house.

I do not suggest to bring the children to go in the house at nighttime.

3. Please bring the normal compass (not electric and not Chinese compass) to the land/house you want to buy.
When you walk on the land/in the house, please see the compass.
If the pin in the compass runs very fast/ab-normal, please choose another.

4. If there are neighbors, please chat with them to get the information you want.

5. If you and your children feel the house is good and like the house, you "may" consider to buy. (sometimes, human sense will be influnced by his body).

alee

Post by alee » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:40 pm

Hi :smt006

Since you are on this topic, ever try to use the method of divination and cross check with feng shui?

I used to use I-ching a lot in my early days while looking for apartment to stay every year. I would select a few I liked and ask I-ching. Quite a long process. Those who knows   tarot can use tarot. Even pendulum technique if you are comfortable with it.

I have a friends who pick spots to do clutter clearing/renovation with the help of pendulum avidly claims it works wonder. Come on guys be creative. Just dont bake any tortoise shells please!  :smt033
whispers of the heart

yoyocue

Post by yoyocue » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:03 pm

Hi alee,

Yes. You can check the apartment/house/land with I-Ching divination, but it is depended on the person who knows I-Ching well or not. I think the understanding of I-Ching is difficult for most of people. Although, I helped many questions of my friends asked related to relationship, gender, purchase the house, looking for lost peoplle/things, and etc., I do not think I understand it pretty well because of my life experience. The more life experience you got, the more precision you will get.

I saw many different divinations, but I like the traditional way.

The ways I wrote on this topic you do not need to know anything releated to I-Ching or FS.
Don't neglect human sense. ^_^

lisamarie

Post by lisamarie » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:48 pm

wow yoyocue...
Thanks!  This is very helpful. And makes a LOT of sense.
peace
lisamarie

alee

Post by alee » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:23 pm

Some feng shui masters suggest bringing a pet, especially a dog to the property. See if it will like the place, at ease? tense? I wonder how about cats.

A feng shui master mentioned that animals are quite "intelligent" in responding to the daily flying star. dogs, cats, birds, even tortoises!

I decided to test my mum's lazy fatty old cutie cat. He is sleeping all the time, most of the time all around the house. So I sort of test exactly how "smart" this lazy arse is. I will see which section of the house he naps and compare it to the daily star chart (from chinese almanac).........

Well to cut the story short, he scored so far about 85% which is 17 out of 20, he managed to avoid the bad stars, 2,3,5,7..... QUite impressive....

So how psychic is your pet?

The feng shui master even mention letting tortoises running around the house and notice where it likes to rest. According to him, these are usually the best feng shui spots.

Tortoises never liked me  :smt010  I had one for 5 fives of the greenish type but it had always been so jumpy and paddle so hard and fast if I put it down on the floor as if it might fly! At one time we had a pair of african type, they are  slow like snails, however they have droppings like rabbits. I think they died. We had a bad time at that old house....
whispers of the heart

yoyocue

Post by yoyocue » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:53 pm

Hi lisamarie,

I hope this topic can at least help people to check it by themselves before they go to FS masters.

Hi alee,

Yes. This is another way, bringing the animal, to find the good FS, but you only can test with them when you own the house or the land without the building.

The place of Tortoises napping/sleeping is usually good and sometimes you will find the place is against the rules (flying stars, etc.) of FS. The animal sense is better than human theory because the theory is created by human and it always has bugs in it.  ^_^

tootsiewon

Cats

Post by tootsiewon » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:50 pm

In my house, there's a small apartment downstairs.  Two guys live in the apartment, along with two cats and a dog.  The apartment and the main part of the house both have doors that open into the entry hall from the garage.  The main part of the house was vacant for quite some time and my door was left open all the time.  The cats - Mo and Red - definately had their favorite places to lounge around.  Mo particularly liked the northeast, which I thought was odd, since it's a large bathroom/dressing room.  The dog would cruise around the space but didn't spend much time in here.  After I moved in, one of the cats stopped coming in here, preferring to stay on one of the patios in the back (northwest).  The other cat would do anything to get in.  He would bee-line to the southern sections of the house first, follow me around for about a half hour or so and finally park himself on a chair in the northwest for a nap.  As I rarely use the hallway entry and the cats don't like to go outside in the winter, he hasn't been in my house for a few months now.  I've noticed, however, that both cats like the guest room that faces west (it opens into the same hallway).  I'm curious to see where the cats are comfortable now?  Will things change, with the new Flying Star locations for this year?  Hmmmm....

Red.Emano

Only authentic CLASSICAL FENG SHUI!

Post by Red.Emano » Wed May 07, 2008 8:08 am

Hello,

on the contrary to the posts before this, authentic classical feng shui doesn't involve kids running around or pets being used to check the auspiciousness for land selection. Luan Tou Feng Shui or the Forms School of Feng Shui which is used for evaluating a piece of land for its auspiciousness dictates ( in general. this is a safe and effective way for evaluating the piece of land for you and your family ) that the land bought may look like an ARMCHAIR. Yes, that's it. Hills at the back or a larger part at the back of the house for SUPPORT just like a chair...The left side of the house must be slightly higher than the right side of the house...Also, for the front, a wide space infront is also highly advisable.

yoyocue

Without FS master.

Post by yoyocue » Wed May 07, 2008 9:34 pm

Hello Red.Emano,

Yes. In classical feng shui, it did not involve kids running around or pets being used to check the auspiciousness for land selection.

You said "ARMCHAIR" ("Luan Head"). It is not simple what you explain. If you want people do not know this and choose good FS by this, it is too hard for them.
How far from the back of their houses is meant "support". I think they need a FS master to do it.
This is a "Form",not a theory.

The topic is helped people to choose without a FS master.

Red.Emano

Post by Red.Emano » Thu May 08, 2008 12:23 am

ok yoyocue..for me to elaborate further. But this is the simplest we can go for classical feng shui as it is among the basic for the form school.

What I mean by having a slightly higher back of the house is this: the plot of land of the back of the house should at least be higher. The mass of land should go at least higher than the plot of land fronting the house.

Going now to the sides of the house. From the center-inside of the house looking outside to the road, the left side of the land beside the house should have atleast a higher ground than the right side of the house.

guys, we are talking about land forms here.. I do not know if what I posted was too complicated or I was just blinded by my knowledge of Authentic Feng Shui.

What do you suggest yoyocue?
Authentic Classical San He & San Yuan Feng Shui Practitioner/Consultant

yoyocue

Post by yoyocue » Thu May 08, 2008 3:06 am

Hello Red.Emano,

Let's say "support" here.
What I mean by having a slightly higher back of the house is this: the plot of land of the back of the house should at least be higher. The mass of land should go at least higher than the plot of land fronting the house.
This is not totally correct. For part of Asian countries (Japan, part citys of China, Taiwan, etc.), this may be correct.
But, it will affect the house facing you (sometimes it also affects yours) when you do it like you said(the house behind you is higher than yours).
I did not say it is wrong, but it is not quite 100% right.
I give you a hint to think why I said that.
You can think it from last post "how far from the back of their house(s) is/are meant "support" ".

I think I stop here. The deeper we go, the more you need to think.

Red.Emano

Post by Red.Emano » Thu May 08, 2008 5:12 am

Hi yoyocue,

thanks for the critique. Perhaps I was just too specific.

What I wish to convey is what I was just accustomed to. That is, LAND. For most of the west where no one hardly see's land instead one sees buildings and everthing else, then one can always adapt the rules of Luan Tou to the modern living without neglecting the rules of Classical Feng Shui like the basic Tortoise, Phoenix, Dragon & Tiger embrace.

You probably did not catch my post when I said: "in GENERAL". Well, can you please tell me what you wish to point out? I did not post this if not a single reader can apply this basic guide.

KWC1638

Post by KWC1638 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:56 pm

The most basic fundamental step is to go to the property and get a feel of the land or house.  Stay in it and walk around and let your own six sense tell you about the property.  You will be surprise to see what your inner self can determine for you.

Red.Emano

Post by Red.Emano » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:30 am

KWC1638 wrote:The most basic fundamental step is to go to the property and get a feel of the land or house.  Stay in it and walk around and let your own six sense tell you about the property.  You will be surprise to see what your inner self can determine for you.
This is good if you are using so-called "intuitive feng shui". However, I wish to point out that this is not authentic and classical feng shui but under the new age fad.

Best Regards,
Red Emano V

yoyocue

Post by yoyocue » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:49 pm

Dear Red.Emano,

What is classic Feng-shui? How do you know the ancestor did not use their six sense? What is the intelligent?
What is the smart? The smart guys can not tell you why they are smart. They do the right things at right time by their thought.
In classic Feng-shui, theye did not tell you on the book because the ancient Chinese did not study in psychology or psychic power.
They not telling you on the book is not equal they not using their six sense.

yoyocue

Return to “Feng Shui”