Living in a attic with a beam on the bed..

The Chinese way to improve your work and home environments to promote health, happiness, and prosperity.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

anggrek

Living in a attic with a beam on the bed..

Post by anggrek » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:46 am

my bed is exactly under a beam, but I cannot change position to the bed, than remedies I can put into effect? I have read to put under the beam some bambooes legacies to of the red tapes, but l' goddess does not appeal to me. you have other alternatives?
Love Feng-Shui

yoyocue

Post by yoyocue » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:40 am

Can you draw your floorplan for who wants to help you?

alee

Post by alee » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:20 pm

usual cures for overhead beams are hanging flutes and also strong lights beaming upwards to counter the sha qi.
whispers of the heart

Xuan Qi

Post by Xuan Qi » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:21 pm

another solution is putting 2 elephants with their nose poiting upwards to dismiss the bad energy coz by beam...
XuanQi

KWC1638

Post by KWC1638 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:33 am

I would advice you to hang a wo-lu next to your bed for good health.

KWC

astroace

Remedies for overhead beams

Post by astroace » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:30 am

Hi Anggrek

The energy flowing from the surface of the ceiling will be forced downwards when it reaches the cross beam. This creates a imbalanced downward chi. Depending on the vertical size of the beam and also the floor to ceiling height, the energy generated will affect the area below. Anybody or even living plants will absord this energy over a prolong period of time. Those people sitting or sleeping in that area will always feel stressful. Plants will not be healthy

Cross sectional view
 ______________      ____________
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;>>>>>> V l &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;l V <<<<<<
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; V l &nbsp; &nbsp; l V
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; V l___l V
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; V &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; V
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; ************ &nbsp;Place soft cloth beneath the entire beam

What you can do is to soften the protrusion of the beams by placing a bale of soft cloth underneath it. You can use your imagination to create a soft bland ceiling (kind of arabian night magic carpet effect). The color of the cloth must be in harmony to your room sector and also to yourself.

Feng Shui is all about peace and harmony to our environment.

Best regards to you,
astroace

CityHunter

Post by CityHunter » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:31 am

Hi, anqqrek. &nbsp;That is an unfortunate place to be situated in especially for sleep. &nbsp;The suggestions others offered are indeed good but I recommend that you first factor the cost PLUS see if the owner of the place - as you did not mention if the place is yours or are just renting one out - will okay any changes. &nbsp;

The most effective and practical remedy is to COVER UP that exposed beam. &nbsp;This way, not only are you less exposed to the heat or cold generated by that kind of roofing but also protect you from the negative chi imparted by that beam - as the load-bearing stress that is present on that beam "radiates" to any living thing in that area.

Another more practical solution is to introduce potted living plants placed at both ends of the beam - floor level not on the beam itself. &nbsp;You seldom encounter this being shared as most New Age shops will not profit from it - people will instead go to plant shops or simply grow one. &nbsp;By having LIVING plants at either end should not only provide a stronger chi to counter that stress and enable you to sleep better but also introduce to you more positive chi. &nbsp;The trick in having a plant in one's sleeping quarters is using the right one to help you sleep better. &nbsp;If you feel you need more energy then you need to use a plant that has thin straight leaves. &nbsp;If you need to feel full rested you need then a plant that has broad fat leaves. &nbsp;Take note that the plant should NOT have any flowers. &nbsp;Always maintain it to be in good condition.

The other solution that comes into mind that is simply superbly effective yet won't burn a hole in your pocket is the salt solution but I strongly suggest you first study the plant option. &nbsp;The salt solution is something that I only prescribe for really serious situations.

CityHunter

Post by CityHunter » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:34 am

Ooops, is it anggrek not anqqrek? &nbsp;Anyhow, astroace solution of "masking" the beam is also a good solution. &nbsp;I remember now why some use those beds with canopies. &nbsp;But I doubt using a mosquito net is an acceptable substitute :)

Lavender-oasis

beam over bed

Post by Lavender-oasis » Sat May 08, 2010 6:13 am

I have read in one of my books a &nbsp;quick easy remedy is to put a false kind of ceiling with fabric, maybe a sheet over the bed area hanging like a canopy and it could make it more romantic too. Best of luck

Return to “Feng Shui”