Directions in the home - advice needed

The Chinese way to improve your work and home environments to promote health, happiness, and prosperity.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Charlesman

Directions in the home - advice needed

Post by Charlesman » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:21 pm

Hello,

I was hoping some of the more experienced Feng Shui practicioners could give me a bit of clarification - as the saying goes, a picture says more than a thousand words, so I've uploaded one:

As one can plainly see, my entrance is on a diagonal wall, and this is what makes me doubt which of the two examples are correct. (I am currently under the impression that the first example is the correct one, but I would like to know for sure.)

My date of birth is 15/10-1982 - time of birth is 15:10 - I just used a generator to determine that I am an East group person, and that my Kua number is 9. The room itself is in the southwest corner of the house. The main entrance for the house is on the northern wall - but I really only consider the room my home.

Any insights would be appreciated - thank you.

KWC1638

Re: Directions in the home - advice needed

Post by KWC1638 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:13 pm

Charlesman wrote:Hello,

I was hoping some of the more experienced Feng Shui practicioners could give me a bit of clarification - as the saying goes, a picture says more than a thousand words, so I've uploaded one:

As one can plainly see, my entrance is on a diagonal wall, and this is what makes me doubt which of the two examples are correct. (I am currently under the impression that the first example is the correct one, but I would like to know for sure.)

My date of birth is 15/10-1982 - time of birth is 15:10 - I just used a generator to determine that I am an East group person, and that my Kua number is 9. The room itself is in the southwest corner of the house. The main entrance for the house is on the northern wall - but I really only consider the room my home.

Any insights would be appreciated - thank you.
I am no master, but I can provide you with what I know.

Both of the charts is correct. What does that mean?  Well, some master consider only the door facing, but entails a great deal of knowledge to this house.  First your house is consider facing North, but also can catcher the NE flying star if wish to.  Again the house facing is north.  To determine your house flying star need more details.

The year that the house is build?
Any renovation?
How much renovation was being done?

Those are some of the questions need to be answer before knowing what period the house belongs to.  Hope this helps.

KWC

Charlesman

Post by Charlesman » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:08 am

Hello - sorry for the late reply.

The house was built in 1934.

It was purchased in 1996, at which point the interior of the house had quite a renovation (essentially transforming the basement from a storage area to a living area) - the actual building (outer walls) has, to my knowledge, not been changed since it was built.

astroace

Feng Shui Pie Charts

Post by astroace » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:46 pm

Hi Charlesman,

The diagram on the right is how you want to mark the center of the building. You take the four corners & draw the diagonal at the middle. After that you draw an extended line from the door opening. You then draw a perpendicular line from this door alignment to meet the center dot of your house.

Based on the door facing degree, you place your 24 Mountain template over this door facing direction line and rotate it until the degrees is over the line. You then mark all the 8 Trigram borders. This will be your pie chart over your floor plan.

Mark the actual N, S, E, W and all the other sectors accordingly. As your house is still the North facing house but your door is tilted to the NE direction, the energy coming into your home is based on the NE facing stars (Kun House). Fly both the Flying Stars & 8 Mansion charts and position them in the actual quadrant, meaning whatever numbers in the north must be placed in the north sector. Both Flying Stars & 8 Mansion work hand in hand.

Analyze all the stars in the sectors and determine which are the good or bad sectors. Take care & cure the bad sectors and make full use of the good sectors.

Hope my discussion may be beneficial to you,

With best regards,
astroace

Return to “Feng Shui”