New house - Questions

The Chinese way to improve your work and home environments to promote health, happiness, and prosperity.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

arnoldot

New house - Questions

Post by arnoldot » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:01 am

Hello there,

I have a couple of questions I have not been able to find the answer for in the Internet. (Until now, I hope!)

Ok, so me and one of my roommates are moving into this Marsh House in the north of Florida. The house is a bit old yet it has a lot of character, it was built on the 70's.

I found some Gua charts (I think thats the name) and for what I could understand on Feng Shui, there are some "do's and dont's".

Now, the issue comes when I am trying to figure out the layout of the furniture (mainly the bedrooms) in this new place. The Marsh House has a lot of windows (average 2 per room, the windows are horizontal - wider than taller-, the third wall is where the closets are and the other wall is where the main door is)

So, If the beds are not supposed to go under a window the options I have left with are close to none, I dont think is a good idea to put the bed on the wall where the closets are, I wouldnt be able to use the closets at all or the bed and nightstands will not fit on the space left.

What are my choices?

KWC1638

Re: New house - Questions

Post by KWC1638 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:01 pm

arnoldot wrote:Hello there,

I have a couple of questions I have not been able to find the answer for in the Internet. (Until now, I hope!)

Ok, so me and one of my roommates are moving into this Marsh House in the north of Florida. The house is a bit old yet it has a lot of character, it was built on the 70's.

I found some Gua charts (I think thats the name) and for what I could understand on Feng Shui, there are some "do's and dont's".

Now, the issue comes when I am trying to figure out the layout of the furniture (mainly the bedrooms) in this new place. The Marsh House has a lot of windows (average 2 per room, the windows are horizontal - wider than taller-, the third wall is where the closets are and the other wall is where the main door is)

So, If the beds are not supposed to go under a window the options I have left with are close to none, I dont think is a good idea to put the bed on the wall where the closets are, I wouldnt be able to use the closets at all or the bed and nightstands will not fit on the space left.

What are my choices?

I think for anyone to help you in this forum, please draw a diagram to illustrate your room, then we can provide you with more suggestions.  As of now, the picture is unclear on how to place your furniture.  Just trying to help.

KWC

astroace

New House

Post by astroace » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:02 am

Hi Arnoldot,

Your description on the layout of your bedroom is quite confusing. Correct me if I am wrong that Wall-1 & 2 has got the windows, inner wall-3 with the closet and inner wall-4 has the bedroom door.

Can the closet be moved. If so, how about moving it to the wall along the bedroom door. You will now have 3 walls to choose from. Place your bed against the wall that faces your good directions based on your personal Kua. Do not worry about your bed against the window. Most importantly is to close that window and cover it with curtains. It will make a nice background against your head board.

Take care of these internal sha chi.
The middle side or the foot of your bed should not be directly facing your bedroom or attached toilet door. Place a screen or barrier to block off this sha chi
Sharp edge of the closet or work table should not be pointing towards the bed.
The bed should not be placed under any structural beams.
Your bed side should not be placed against the wall but to have some space. Right side should be less than Left side to balance the Yin / Yang energy.
Do not sleep with your head against the wall which may have the air conditioner compressor or TV on the other side as this will generate EMF that causes sleep disturbance and prolong exposure will cause cancer.

The best is if you could kindly take the compass reading of your house facing / sitting directions or of your bedroom and together with your date of birth for further discussion.

Feng Shui is about balance and harmony

Meantime do take care,
With best regards,
astroace

CityHunter

Post by CityHunter » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:58 am

When moving to a new home you need to first know about the place's history.  You should also evaluate the neighbors and the area leading to the said place.  You should also check out the condition of the soil, plants and animals.  These are the best gauge on how good or bad the chi is in that area.

All the normal computations go out the window if there are unusual signs or history in the area.  It need not be the place itself but on the area around it.  Remember, chi flows from one place to next.  If the chi of the neighbors are good then you can expect much blessings to come your way with little changes done.  However, even if you do all the correct feng shui remedies to the said place but failed to take into account the condition of the area around it then you can expect your success to be short lived.

And yes, it would be easier for others to give you advice if you could post even a rough layout of the place.

Return to “Feng Shui”