Front path and porch question and side door

The Chinese way to improve your work and home environments to promote health, happiness, and prosperity.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

comfort29

Front path and porch question and side door

Post by comfort29 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:30 pm

I have looked everywhere in my books and on the internet on this question...so I am posting it here in hopes of some guidance.

We live in the middle of a cul de sac...and I think there was at some time thought of putting in a sidewalk along our street.  Either way...some poured a concrete walkway from my door and down my yard/grass...it stops 3/4 of the way to the street (which is where a sidewalk would go had they ever put one in).  My front door faces West..my house is white with blue trim and a blue front door.  I have a covered porch with black iron pillars holding up the roof.  The walk way has a flower bed that runs the entire length (about 30 feet) on the north side of it and it points directly up my neighbor across the street's driveway/garage.  My question...how bad is it to have this path way that just ENDS in the middle of the yard...and how do I correct that at this moment with a budget that doesn't allow for me to pour more cement to finish it off?

second question...I just painted my front door blue and now I see that isn't the "best color" for the direction it is facing (west).  How to correct that?  And my side door is South facing and the most used, and I have not painted that yet...but really need to.  What is the best color to paint that so it still looks decent with my white and blue everywhere else?

Return to “Feng Shui”